“Alamo Bowl” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #59 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Alamo Bowl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

Very unique hotel. Rooms small but great location across from the Alamo. Short walk to riverwalk. As a travel agent I would recommend this hotel to my clients.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Changeurlatitude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo while at a conference. I liked the location and it was neat to see the Alamo from my room. The only downside is there aren't many decent restaurant options in the immediate area unless you head to the Riverwalk or other parts of town. This wasn't really an issue, but as a solo traveler, i didn't feel like hiking to other places in the evening. I did enjoy the food of the hotel restaurant. Room service was VERY efficient. I ate in the restaurant as well and was sad to sometimes be the only one there. They have great salsa and the bartender was very friendly. I also found a cute breakfast place a couple of blocks away called Twin Sisters as an alternative to the hotel. All the staff was very friendly. I liked the reuse of a historic building and uniqueness of the rooms. The decor was very trendy which was great since the price of the hotel was very reasonable. It felt more like a boutique hotel. I did have ants in my room on a wall that would appear and disappear. I called about it and they said they would come spray and i didn't see them after that. One word of advice if taking a cab from the airport, make sure you know the address of the hotel, my cabbie had not heard of the place. Overall, i had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank zoecatva
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. So glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the ant issue in your room. Sounds like our Maintenance department quickly handled the situation. We strive very hard to make every guest experience a memorable one. We do hope you will stay with us again on future trips to San Antonio.

Vannes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

Been here for a medical congress and got room 701...Room is a "great" word for what I've got..Directly from corridor to bed...
On the other side, comfortable bed, nice shower and WIFI in the room...
But price is the same for this room than for others...much larger and don't trust manager who says all the rooms have equivalent sizes...As we were a group, we visit eachother to work and I can say mine was a closet compare to others...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monpetit
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 27 December 2010
Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Due to the historical building, all of our rooms are different in shape and size. No two rooms are exactly the same. We made every effort to comply with the historical and preservation society to not disturb the original integrity of the building when we converted the 100 year old building into a hotel. Therefore, all of our rooms are unique in size and shape. I do hope you enjoyed your stay in our city and that our staff made your stay memorable. If you prefer a larger room on a future stay, please call the hotel directly to make your reservation. We will always try to accommodate your specific room request.

Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

I tend to read the negative reviews first before staying in a place. My work was paying, so I wasn't as rigorous in my investigation beforehand (plus I had to stay within the state department rate). I was really pleasantly surprised: the room was plenty spacious with a little work area and a lounging chair and a nice size bed. The bathroom etcetera was nice, too. The best part was the service in both the hotel and the restaurant, which was outstanding. The location is really perfect for the convention center and is right across from the Alamo.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CamrinC
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to make the guests stay pleasant and memorable. We hope to see you again on future trips to San Antonio.

Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

I enjoyed stay in Indigo Hotel. Our room at 7th floor was spacious and comfortable. Hotel has great location for Riverwalk and Alamo. Parking fee is very high, but there is public parking (Alamo Parking) next to the hotel ($8 for 24h) and you can park on the street (cheap meters are located nearby on the Alamo Street).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ke1con
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio to celebrate our anniversary, and explore a city we have never been to before. We stayed in room 204 which was quite clean with a large flat screen TV. Our stay at The Indigo was very nice for several reasons. First, was the location of this historic building, it is just across the street from the famous Alamo, but it is also only a short two blocks down to the River Walk. Second good reason to stay at this property is the staff, everyone was overly helpful and attentive, especially Alex at the front desk and Michael the bartender. The last positive would have to be the king size bed which offered us a good nights sleep every night we stayed in this hotel. Now it is not a 5 star and we did not expect it to be, every room only has a shower no bath tub and the water pressure was just OK. We only ate one meal (breakfast) on premises, it was only fair, so for the next two mornings we ate at The Menger Hotel just down the street,and all other meals were on the River Walk, which is what we had planned anyway. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hummingbird112
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. We appreciate you choosing Hotel Indigo and we strive to make every guest experience a memorable one. We are so proud of our location and proximity to all the great things to do and see in downtown San Antonio. Please think of us again on future trips to San Antonio. We hope to see you again soon.
Liberty Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

The service prior to our staying at Hotel Indigo and while we were there was awesome...but, I left a hat in the room and my husband called when I realized I had left it. The manager assured him that they would send it out after confirming they would charge us for shipping. It has been one week and no hat, two telephone calls with promises of a manger to call us back and we have not received a call back. I am a travel agent and would love to refer clients to this hotel because of all of the amenities but with this type of after travel treatment I am very hesitant. If I were to treat a client this way I know I would not have repeat business....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying at Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo on your last trip to San Antonio. My name is Holly Evans, General Manager. I was unaware of any issues with a missing hat that was left behind. I would love to speak with you personally about this so I can either help locate your hat or help replace the hat if it has not been located by you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the issue and return or replace any missing items. Thank you so much for posting a comment on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated.