“Great Stay!”

Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Fiesta

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The WORST experience my wife and I have ever had with L.Q. Lobby smelled of rotten fish. Hairdryer in room caught fire, no replacement available. No one even came to check. Bathroom dirty. Linens dirty. Housekeeper beat on door at 8:00 Sunday morning, with do not disturb sign on door. Elevator door closed way to fast. No sense of urgency seen in staff. Only $27.00 rebate offered off one nights rate. Should have been comped. This hotel needs some leadership and more staff especially during holidays. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Went during spring break weekend and rooms were small. Had only one elevator and you can only imagine how long that would take especially during breakfast and checkout time. The line for breakfast was ridiculous. I've seen lines for breakfast but it had a lot to do with the set up they have and honestly I can't blame them even for the set up since the space is limited. A/C seemed to not work very well during the night and after 2 calls to the front desk, we did not see them try to do anything about it. Seemed they were short staff also. The guy in the front tried to take care of everyone as best as he could, but he was outnumbered. The road to get there also needs more lighting at dark and more signs. Was kind of creepy when we got there.

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C work and you are better off on the first floor since they only have one elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As far as hotels go, this one was a good choice for our group of middle school dancers at a Fiesta Texas competition. I was very pleased with the rate our group was given and my family stayed three nights--most of the others in our group stayed two nights. Our room was on the 2nd of four floors. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The continental breakfast was very good and our room was comfortable. The vent fan in the bathroom wasn't working though, and I could see evidence of mold/mildew beginning to grow. We had trouble adjusting our a/c unit to work properly because the room was stuffy. Being accustomed to sleeping with very cool air and our last night being so chilly outside, we cracked open the window to get the very cool air and it was much more comfortable. I noticed dogs on the premises, but that was only when I saw them--never heard them. If you're accustomed to bringing your furbabies, this would seem to be a good location. As we arrived our first night, the woman on duty was very friendly, but she couldn't understand English well. I asked a few questions, and quickly realized she didn't comprehend what I was saying--I was asking if anyone else in our group had arrived yet. The wifi and televisions were out until morning and she managed to tell me that much. I'm assuming the outage had something to do with all of the construction in the area. At breakfast, the worker there could not understand me either when I asked a question. --but I must reiterate- both of these workers were extremely helpful and friendly, they just couldn't speak or comprehend English well. One was Spanish and the other was another nationality. All in all, I think this hotel was a good choice for our group.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This La Quinta Inn was one of the best ones we had on our travel in Florida and Texas. It is about a half hour drive north of downtown San Antonio and is located in a nearby (by car) area with shopping areas and lots of restaurants. The hotel itself has an inviting lobby and reception area, spacious breakfast room with the typical La Quinta breakfast including hot waffles. The rooms are spacious and clean and have fridge and microwave. Definitely a hotel where we would stay more often when we are in the area. Also the price was good in comparison with other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otten4
Reviewed 26 December 2013

With the wife's health problems, clean is very important to us! We found our room clean and nicely furnished. The staff was a little short of warm, but did their job adequately. The breakfast was above average, and we will be back. If we could rate it a 4 and a half we would. Just barely short of a 5.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple