“Was good and stay here again”

Sleep Inn & Suites near Seaworld
Ranked #210 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Was good and stay here again”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed for just one night with my wife and two children. We checked in very late and left at the check-out time in the morning. Due to time change different on sunday March 13th, 2011, we lost one hour and late at the morning breakfast. Those ladies in the kitchen helped reluctantly to serve the breakfast. Little noice from the guys upstairs so may be kids you know. Otherwise great location, close to so many good restaurants and pretty close from Sea World, which is good. I will definitely give another try and recommend my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This hotel is at a great location. Was clean and very welcoming to begin. My complaint is: I don't know if the manager really knows what she is doing. We checked into this hotel on a Friday and checked out on Sunday. Just as the reservation stated. The hotel fee was paid upon cheking in and we were charged $228.12 total for the stay. I reviewed my Credit Card transactions online, and discovered that I was charged $87.06. I called to ask what the charge was for and why, the manager said I was being charged for another night. (She thought I was checking out on Monday, but my reservation clearly stated Sunday!) She told me the charge would be credited back to my card. I looked a few days later, and from what I gather they refunded my card the original amount we paid,($228.12, including taxes) and re-ran my card for $315.18. I guess she called herself refunding me the $87.06 extra charge they charged me for and actually charged me more money by doing so. The total amount they charged us for this stay was $402.24, and it should have only been $228.12, as was originally charged. They gave me a credit back of $105.06, but i'm still being overcharged by $87.06.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank PeachB
Covington, LA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This place looks nice inside and out, but I was very disappointed in our stay. First of all, we had difficulty finding the hotel, even with our GPS. When I called from the car and asked the front desk clerk for directions, even she could not explain clearly how to get to it. Once we got into our room, we discovered that there were no towels, but this was rectified in a timely manner. The room was clean, but the wireless internet did not work in our room. (We had to walk down to the lobby to get a signal.) The television remote also did not work. When we returned from a long day at SeaWorld on the second day of our stay, we realized that our key would not open the door. I had to walk back down to the front desk and the clerk seemed confused about our second night's stay, even though it had been paid for. Would not return...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank LAMommaMia
gmtxb28, Your Review for Sleep Inn & Suites near Sea World at Sleep Inn & Suites near Seaworld, responded to this review, 6 March 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently read your review and am very unhappy to hear that your experience at our hotel fell below your expectations. Due to your unsatisfactory experience, I would like to offer you a 15% discount off of our Best Available Rate at your next stay at our property. All you have to do is present a copy of this message at checking and your rate will be adjusted, no questions asked.

As the new Marketing Manager, I have implemented new front desk and housekeeping staff training programs, eliminated internet and television based problems, and implemented green programs within our hotel. In addition to this we are currently in the process of expanding our continental breakfast to a hot breakfast, and implanting customer appreciation programs.

I hope you are able to give us another chance and show you the major improvements we have made on customers assistance. I assure you will find your upcoming experience to be one of comfort, luxury, and fun.

Khushbu Patel
Marketing Manager
Sleep Inn & Suites
143 Richland Hills Drive
San Antonio, TX 78245
210-670-2500
Indiana
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I had two rooms reserved for four nights each. The hotel messed up both room types, plus told me that the crib I had reserved was not available. All of the above were because they gave away my room types to other people who did not have those reservations, and the same for the crib. Then to top it all off they tried to charge me much more than the rate on the reservation. One of the front desk staff was helpful, but the manager and two others tried to blame me for all of the issues, when clearly they did not honor a single aspect of my reservations. Even the customer service people through Choice Hotels main number could not get them to fix things the way the reservations were made.

Stay away, even if the rates seem good.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Incompetent staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jonamo9638
gmtxb28, Marketing Manger at Sleep Inn & Suites near Seaworld, responded to this review, 6 March 2010
I recently read your review and am very unhappy to hear that your experience at our hotel fell below your expectations. We hope you can contact our staff in regards to this matter so we are able to rectify the problems you faced during your stay.