Liked this location due to close proximity to the medical center area. You can get there via Fredericksburg and avoid the traffic jams on the highways. The hotel are going through a makeover so it looks updated ... however ...
now all the windows are sealed as well as the hallway end windows. No discernable air exchange and no makeup air at the ends of the hallways. Ergo, stale dead air and you can tell the construction dust, paint fumes, adhesive fumes, etc... lingered and will be there forever. Room air quality likewise suffered and with underpowered window PAC units, it gets warm during the day and only cools off after midnight. Coffee machine only manage to brew half a cup at a time with water still half full in the fill area. Showers gets lukewarm, never hot so may be an issue during winter time.
TV is nice that it has some HD contents so kept the kids entertained with their cooking and kids channels. Seems to take some warming up time or channel would freeze or skip and not lock. Not a show stopper but kinda irritating.
We asked for a shock treatment as the PAC unit is putting out stale musty air when AC is not running but alas the ozone unit "does not work". That would mean Febreeze every day in closed unventilated areas. With the weekend late night partiers, you can definitely tell walking down the hallway what happened the night before.
Breakfast was uninteresting with no variety, lacking in fresh fruit compotes, dead waffle machine, yogurts running out early in the day, watery fruit juices, and extremely low grade coffee. I was never so glad a Starbucks was just across the street.
Outside pool is so so, kind of small size so you can splash but not really do laps. Hot tub is nice option but not so hot when you get in, I would think water temps should exceed average body temps of 98.6 degrees F to qualify as "hot" tub. Not many qualified for various excuses/reasons.
Not sure about the dogs barking at the back, but the front facing I-10 with the frequent trucks blasting by above the din of the struggling ac may require some forms of sleeping aids to get you started on your night rest.
If this is growing pain, I feel for them and hope it improves and turns out better for future guests. Staff seems to be doing their best so no complaints on the service end.
I'm guinea pigged out at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Medical Center/Crossroads, the cultural gateway to the Southwest and a popular tourist destination. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is conveniently located only 5.5 miles west of the Alamo and the River Walk in downtown San Antonio and 3 miles east of the South Texas Medical Center. The premier location of San Antonio s newest hotel is perfectly accessible to all area attractions and businesses: TexSan Heart Hospital, CTRC-Cancer Therapy & Research Center, Christas Santa Rosa Health Care, UT Health Center, Verizon, Toyota, Bank of America, and Wachovia are just a few of the companies that call San Antonio home. The city has a strong military presence as well it is home to Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base, and Brooks City-Base. The hotel is centrally located in San Antonio just minutes from Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld San Antonio, Splashtown Water Park, the Historic Missions, Breckenridge Park, the Alamodome, AT&T Center where the successful San Antonio Spurs play basketball, and the Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum. Guests of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Antonio stay connected with our complimentary high-speed wired & wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, relax in our outdoor pool and spa, or work out in our well-equipped fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Texas