“We could have done better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites near Medical Center

Comfort Inn & Suites near Medical Center
Ranked #156 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Edinburg, Texas
“We could have done better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We got a good price for the hotel ($89) booking on expedia. The hotel had good ratings and was recommended. Our room was smaller than I expected and was dirty when we checked in (trash under bed chairs and carpet need vaccuuming). We did enjoy the breakfast but guess we expected a more comfortable room (guess we've gotten spoiled and need to dish out a bit more cash :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We made the booking at the last moment, for the other hotels were full up the days being a weekend. The location is good midway between Sea World and Downtown, however the rooms are a bit musty. Service is just acceptable, for $145/night I would expect a better value for my buck.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked this hotel during our cross-country trip. We were driving from Tucson to San Antonio but made it as far as Ft. Stockton. The nice clerk at the Comfort Suites there called this location to see if we could transfer our reservation. The nasty little man on the phone informed her that they were not corporate owned and had a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. We didn't know 24 hours before that we wouldn't be there. My crystal ball was on the fritz that day. So we are out $100+ for a room we never made it to.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CKing67
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very often I chose a hotel because the chain it represents is reliable but not true for this Comfort Inn. This hotel was dirty. We checked in and noticed the stool for the desk clerk to sit at was falling apart. The elevator floor hadn't been cleaned in some time. The phone did not work and blinked all night. The door latch did not close properly and I felt most insecure all night. The closet knob was missing and the floor was filthy. The couple who was traveling with us asked for another room because their room simply stank. This place is a dump and should be closed as a Comfort Inn franchise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CutestCouple
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at this location because it had rooms that would allow our family of 6 to stay in one room. When we arrived the air conditioner in the hall on the third floor was turned off, so it was very hot. The air conditioner in our room was not on either so it took quite a while for our room to cool down. The beds were comfortable and linens were clean, but the tv stand was falling apart. We used the pool but wished we hadn't because there was way too much chlorine. The breakfast was OK for the most part but the biscuits were as hard as bricks and for some reason the waffle maker did not cook the waffle all the way. I would probably not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bjfowle
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Let me preface my rating by letting everyone know that I attempted to write a review on the website of this particular hotel; however, apparently, they deleted my confirmation number, which prevented me from writing my review on this hotel. Therefore, I am writing my review on here and on other review websites, so that others will be warned in advance, in making their reservations. This was an AWFUL hotel!! Honestly, this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at, EVER!!!

I am extremely upset, after staying at this hotel, Comfort Inn & Suites, 6039 IH 10 West, San Antonio, TX. 78201. I attempted to speak with the front desk "Daniel the evening of June 17, 2014, via telephonic, but he kept interrupting me and was not being attentive at all, nor was he comprehending and digesting everything that I was trying to explain to him about my horrific and scary stay! Therefore, I will outline all of the discrepancies/issues, in writing, that I encountered during my recent stay at Comfort Inn and Suites 6039 IH 10 West, San Antonio, TX. 78201:

I arrived on June 16, 2014 and a person by the name of "Danny" checked me in. Upon calling the hotel to find out the exact location, I was lied to, by the person that guaranteed my reservation ("Daniel"), as he stated this particular hotel was in a "great" area of San Antonio. He was very dishonest and he knew he was lying to me. This hotel is in an awful and dangerous area of the city.

Initially, "Danny" assigned my room and I went into the room, before I unloaded my luggage, only to find out that the toilet wouldn't flush and was close to overflowing. Also the air conditioning didn't work well at all and stunk really bad, plus, there were cobwebs in the AC vents on the unit. The room stunk really bad!

Shortly after seeing the first room, I immediately returned to the front desk & spoke with "Danny" again, explaining the situation with that room. He then assigned me to a different room (#116).

As soon as entered that room (#116), I noticed that someone had been laying in the bed, as there was pink lint and crumbs all over the sheets and the bedspread was all crinkled up. Also, there were light bulbs missing, so I didn't have much light at all, the microwave didn't work, etc. Once again, I returned to the desk and spoke with "Danny" about the situation with the sheets and he had housekeeping come in and change them. However, the damage had already been done & the room stunk really bad too!! There was a lot more wrong with the room, than just with the sheets.

Behind the bed, on the wall, nearest to the phone, on the nightstand, there's something green that is stuck on the wall, close to the head of the mattress. That was gross, especially having to sleep right in front of it! That was so sick!!

The air conditioning was filthy, with what looked like, little white cotton balls flying around and cobwebs in the vents & it was a very loud unit, which interrupted my sleeping. I had to actually put earplugs in and it still did not completely diffuse the sound!

The shower/bath tub was despicable!! The conditions were deplorable!!! There was black hair all on the bottom of the shower and mold in the corner, growing! I couldn't even stand to look at it and had to close it off. I ended up having to sponge bathe because there was no way that I was going to get in that shower! Disgusting!!

The floor was very dirty and wet. As I was walking with my socks on, after only a few minutes, my socks were black on the bottom, because of the filth, wetness & dirt on the floor!

A short time later, I was wanting to warm something up & the microwave didn't even work! It was plugged in, so that wasn't the cause of it not working. I went to the front desk and spoke a person by the name of "Helena" and told her to make sure she puts in a work order for that microwave because I really need it to work, so I can warm up my food. I ended up having to use the microwave in the breakfast room, which by the way, was filthy & very dirty on the outside of the microwave, with smeared fingerprints everywhere! On a positive note, "Helena" was a very nice person. She was the only person that was friendly. Upon my departure/check out from the hotel, I let her know that my stay was awful and that I would be writing a review about my experience.

I had already checked out of my room that morning and the only way that they could "slightly" make up for my horrible stay is to refund my FULL amount that I paid for due to the horrible conditions I endured! Well, in the beginning, apparently, they charged my credit card TWICE! I disputed this with the manager of the hotel and one of the charges dropped automatically, as I later found out that charge was the charge when they guaranteed the reservation and then, when you check in, they actually charge your card, which essentially means, your "available" balance will be less doubled the amount of your stay, which is not good because you will not have that money available to use until after the "pending" amounts are dropped, which takes approximately, 3-4 days. I complained to this person named, "Linda Westermann," via email and all she eventually agreed to do is charge me half of the regular charged amount. I cannot believe they expect for a guest to pay when the guest is very dissatisfied AND also brought up the problems immediately, upon check in, trying to give them a chance to correct it, but in reality, there was no way possible that they could correct it, unless they closed the hotel and did some heavy duty cleaning. YES, it was THAT BAD !!!! I am appalled that I am being charged because they are very much aware that I was miserable during my stay!

Think twice before you make a reservation at Comfort Inn & Suites 6039 IH 10 West, San Antonio, TX. 78201, because this a very bad hotel! Also, if you do stay here, which I don't know why anyone would stay there, after reading about my horrific experience, PAY WITH CASH !!!!!
I don't write reviews very often, but this time, I just couldn't overlook all the problems that I had at this hotel and feel very strongly in conveying to all of you reading this about my VERY BAD experience.

Room Tip: NONE of the rooms at this hotel property are good, in my opinion and of many other opinions of forme...