“Great experience”

Ranked #304 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Floresville, Texas
“Great experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. Very friendly and professional staff, clean rooms that smell clean. If anything, the tubs have stains but are clean and we were told they are being renovated. Breakfast was great with a good variety...I loved the waffles!
The outside pool was awesome and just right for me and my kids and my husband loved the gym.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and whenever we visit San Antonio again, we know where to stay. Reasonable rates and great service and establishment. Just what you expect from a Quality Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
QualityNorth, General Manager at Econo Lodge San Antonio, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
We appreciate your positive review toward our hotel. We look forward to provide the superior customer service and great experience on your future stays with us. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This hotel was clean and very friendly staff. I'm so glad we got to stay here. We would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2012

As I finished checking in, the staff person tried to give me a key to a room that had already been checked in. "Why is it giving me a key to a room that has already checked in" the staff member said. I knew I was in a treat at this point ...

A short while later the front desk person rechecked me in, this time to an unoccupied room on the second floor. Upon walking to the room you are greeted by what looks to be chipped paint and a general musty smell. I open the door to the room and the fire detector was placed on the drawers, next to the TV. Some sort of wire was placed on top of the closet. A pacifier lay there innocently right next to the bed. Determined not to let these minor details ruin my trip, I try to make the best of it.

Because there wasn't a "privacy" sign in my room, I went to bed without putting one outside. I was woken at 8am from a housekeeper. I told her that since I was just staying two nights, I didn't need anything, not even towels. She seemed satisfied with this and went on her way. When I arrived back at the hotel I found that the housekeeper and indeed entered the room and did not clean, however thought it would be good to just take all of our towels.

I went to the desk and found a queue of folks looking for towels or expressing frustration at having people try to get in their rooms in the middle of the night (probably from their key system).

Overall, the Quality Inn 10815 N I-35 is terrible. I would happily pay more money to stay at a nicer place to feel more safe and clean. If you don't mind finding clumps of hair in the shower and dirty towels, perhaps this place is for you. The AC was very noisy. The breakfast was non-existant, juice machine broken, long line just for english muffins and a few scraps of sausage. I was able to squeeze out half a cup of coffee of the dispenser. This experience was not what I would expect from a Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Don't look under the bed or down drain.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric J

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed just one night 12/15. 1st Complaint-there is no elevator except stairs.
2nd complaint-She gave me the room that didn't finish remodeling.
3rd complaint-As soon as I walked in, the room smell like a wet carpet
It was cheap & close to the location I wanted to be but... I wish I paid little more & stayed little better place. I had to ask shampoo, soap & conditioner in the morning.
I understand we shouldn't expect so much from a cheap hotel but I learned my lesson from staying at this place.
By the way, when I used the toilet the first time, I thought it was clogged.

Room size was good & the bed was okay but honestly.... it was what I paid for....

Room Tip: If you have many luggages, stay away from this hotel or just ask for the ground level room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tiggerock
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel is filthy... we stayed here 12/3-12/7. Bathroom was so gross, I cleaned the tub. The shower curtain had a stain. The tiles are all chipped and different. The room was ok at best. The cover on the bed also had a stain. Although the room was a "non-smoking" there was a prevalent smell of stale cigarettes. The noise from the A/C & heat was very loud. We had to get new room keys 3 times, the magnetic strip was compromised.
Breakfast was included, however, we had to ask for hot coffee. While I realize this is a small thing, there was only apple jam for muffins or bagels, even after repeated requests. Our family will be going back to San Antonio in a few months. NO ONE will be staying at this pig sty.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Tx
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Due to work being done on our home in San Antonio, my wife and I spent a night at the Quality Inn on IH-35 North in San Antonio. We were very impressed by the cleanliness and competence of the employees and the manager. We were told by the desk clerk that the hotel was just remodeled throughout and it looked it. Everything was nice, new and clean. The manager was in the breakfast area the next morning talking to guests and that was impressive. All in all, we'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
QualityNorth, Owner at Econo Lodge San Antonio, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Thank you so much for your feed back and we hope to continue and maintain our service to your expectation. Hope you will consider our hotel for your future stay in San Antonio Texas.
Kansas
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I stayed here for several nights. The management and staff were very good and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I really appreciated the staff's attention to me and my stay.

The rooms were clean and it was safe. But this hotel had that old hotel smell. I thought the prices were fair and the breakfast was better than many places. I would stay here again because it was inexpensive and a better value than most lower-end hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
We have taken your request in consideration in regards to the smell and have resolved the matter. We appreciate you giving us your feed back in regards to your stay and our hotel. Yes we had this hotel in full renovation in 2010 thus it may have caused some inconvenience to you, however, we have completed the work and we assure you for a clean, comfortable and quality stay on your future visit. Thank you so much.