Econo Lodge San Antonio
US$177
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
US$134
ComfortSuites
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$279
Hotels.com
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$336
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$160
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$359
US$260
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband is a soldier and long term patient at BAMC for a combat injury. The Fisher House booked a stay here for my two children and I so we could visit him. The door took 5 minutes to open to the room and the stale smell made my stomach turn. The light would not turn on, there was what looked like vomit and blood on the walls, the bathroom was atrocious, the mini fridge was covered in spilled filth and the final straw was the dead bed bugs visable ON TOP of the stained white sheet! Didn't even let my children set our things down before we went to the front desk and demanded a refund. Gentleman at the front desk was not at all surprised. Seriously, the most disgusting place anyone would want to stay and thats coming from

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LoriH47
Reviewed 12 April 2013

One of the worst hotels I have ever seen. Where should I start? You know what they say “location, location, location” well this hotel was right off the freeway not bad right? Well it was also in a bad area that made us feel uncomfortable. We had to park our car in the front because the side door was locked at night and there was no way for us to get in. As for the service… well it was ok nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special. So we get there and check in and the room with the king sized bed we reserved is not available so they give us a room with 2 queen beds. Ok no problem how do we get to our room… go through the door and up the stairs… um… okay no elevator? Nope… so I carry our bags up the stairs and to our room as we are going up the stair and down the hall to our room there is a musky smell of wet unclean carpet. We get in the room and there is that same smell just a little fainter so we put our stuff down, walk into the bath room to prepare to take a shower after a long day and in the tub there are used wet towels and open bar of soap and a used wash cloth. So we pick up our bags and carry them back down stairs and explain what we saw. They say they are sorry and that it is not acceptable and move us to another room. Again we carry our bags back up the stairs and down the hall in the same musky smell to the new room. By this time we are a little hungry and tired so we drop off our bags and decide to go grab a quick bit to eat. We get back and pull the sheets back so we can hop into bed after a shower. We look down and see that the sheets are stained and by the looks of it they are blood stains. By this time we have had it and have decided that we will not be staying in this dump. We pick up our bags again and head down the hall and down the stairs and check out. This was the worst experience I have had in a hotel. I would never stay at any quality in again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Game13
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Came on business. Large clean room. Hot breakfast but it did need a little extra servicing. Very friendly and helpful front desk. Good price and easy to find. Not a lot of people at the hotel this evening so it was quiet.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Geowens
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This hotel was so UNCOMFROTABLE, the room smelled stale, I had to use my perfume, ac took forever to cool the room and the noise kept us awake. When we turned the ac off and tried turning it back on, the ac wouldn't come on then,by surprise the ac came back on, noisy as ever. We were charged the wrong rate, 2 authorization and when we went to the desk in the morning, the front desk was very UNCONCERN. I had to help her understand what I was saying, not because of language, her understanding was bad. She was talking when I was trying to talk and before I came to the front desk, I called and she left me on hold this is why I went to the front desk. It is very UNLIKELY that I will ever return here, If I do this must be the only hotel vacant. I suggest you read reviews before going to any hotel, it could be a nightmare on the hotel street.

Room Tip: Use the pool thats the best thing going for them, go out to eat brekfast
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank erica n
QualityNorth, General Manager at Econo Lodge San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

We apologize for the inconvenience you may have incurred during stay. I appreciate you notifying us about the problem and we do take your comments seriously and will make every effort possible to correct the problem. Hope this will not discourage you to come back and stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I don't espect much from Quality Inns except a clean room and a reasonable price. But the tub pushed it over the edge. It had been poorly refinished, was stained and the finish was cracked and flaking off. I honestly don't know how they could think the room was rentable!

Other than that it's a tired older motel with some updating. It looks like the carpets and walls have been recently updated. The furnishing are dated and some were damaged. It smelled ok.

I found the bed hard and uncomfortable.

The hotel is in an older somewhat rundown commercial area but not far from places to eat. It is 2 stories with no elevator.

It is not close to most of the area attractions.

If you're on a budget and the price is right for you, and tub had been ok it would be ok.

I've stayed a eight Quality Inns this year and would rate this one the worst. My wife would have insisted we leave.

Room Tip: check the tub when you check in
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business