“Good hotel & people”

Sleep Inn & Suites at Six Flags
Ranked #152 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stay at this Sleep Inn every year on business and this visit was just as pleasurable.
Pros: Right off freeway but no vehicle noise. Friendly staff. Fridge, Microwave, Hair dryer, coffee maker the safe in the room is great. Newer decent size TV. Heat & Air work well and are fairly quiet. Indoor pool & hot tub is great. I think they even have a workout room, but didn't use that. Continental breakfast had lots of options and well stocked. The staff knew I got in very late the night before so they left it out an extra hour for me. (Can't beat that).
Cons: if I had any, it was my room with a king bed was a little small, but I wanted the cheapest one since I was staying a week on business, and I'm the owner. ;-) Also the walls are a little thin so you can occasionally hear a loud neighbor, but I've stayed in much worse.
Wrap-up: After multiple visits here I would comfortably say it's a great value with little to no downsides and the staff has always been very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank Ted R

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stay at this hotel several times a year and enjoy my stay each time there. I have never had any major problems, and the front desk staff is very helpful. If you let them know of any problems during your stay, they do a great job of listening to your needs and taking care of things right away. One time I let them know the A/C in my room did not work properly, and they were able to quickly get me into a new room. The indoor pool and hot spa is open all year. The hot breakfast is great and even though they can get real busy certain times of year, whenever I have asked the attendant on duty if something is not there, they will continue to bring food out until breakfast closes. This is the hotel I choose each time I'm in the area because of its convenient location, many amenities, helpful staff, and affordable room rates.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank cr782_12
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The location is convenient, close to Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld. The walls are very thin and there must not be any insulation between the floors. I could hear everything in the room next door and although the hotel was mostly empty, we had someone in the room directly above us that was trying to put a crying baby to sleep by walking back and forth. I could hear every step as well as the baby crying. If the hotel is sparsely populated, why put everyone in the same location? Get to breakfast early as once items run out they are not replenished. The front desk person does double duty serving the front desk and stocking the breakfast. On our first morning there was very little left. On the second morning I went down much earlier and found yogurt and sausages that were not there the previous day. I generally like Sleep Inns and although this one looks nice, it is poorly constructed. I didn't notice until the second day that our shower curtain was heavily mildewed, but by then I was ready to check out.

Room Tip: Insist on a top floor room and be courteous to the guests below. Get to breakfast early.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

On checking in Jennifer was very helpful and funny. She addressed all of us and included our daughter in the conversation. Room was large and comfortable. Having the fridge and microwave helped. My only suggestion would be the have the TV be able to turn more to the bedroom side. We stayed in a king with partial wall. Indoor pool was great got us out of the heat. Breakfast was good. Apple juice would have been nice. Overall if we are in the San Antonio area again we will try to stay here.

Room Tip: This hotel is less than 10 minutes from six flags. A great way to start the day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elleyore
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed previously at another place close by and this was much better. It is fairly new and modern looking and my room was clean and a good size. It is also on a side street just off I10 so is convenient but not noisy. I would stay here again.

2  Thank 619mlg619
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We enjoyed staying at this hotel last weekend. There were great amenities in the room with TV, microwave, fridge. The room was clean. The bed was cozy. The shower was awesome! They give you the choice of being "green" but if you prefer to have fresh towels and sheets everyday, they'll do that, too. My daughter especially enjoyed the indoor swimming pool.

3  Thank KD W
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were in San Antonio for 4 nights with two of our children. We stayed in the two queen bed room. It had a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy! The price of the hotel is average. The breakfast was very good. The biggest hit was the waffle machine. They also had donuts, breads and biscuits, muffins, oatmeal, cereal and each day a breakfast sausage of some sort. They were constantly cleaning and replenishing the items. The breakfast area is a little on the small side, but we always made it to a table before the rush which ALWAYS came at 8:30 just in time for the close at 9:00 LOL. There is also fresh coffee or hot water for tea and juices.

It seemed like the owner lived on property. He was always around and making sure that everything was ok and I even heard him tell one of his cleaning staff that she was doing a good job.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. The indoor pool was awesome especially since it rained everyday we were there. My kids loved it. They also had a small work out room, with three different machines, like I said, small, but suitable... all we needed was the treadmill and the pool was our entertainment, lol. The staff was all very nice and seemed like most of them were family so it was nice and managed well.

Definitely would recommend and re-stay for sure!

3  Thank Khadija J