“no complaints”

Studio 6 San Antonio - East
Ranked #244 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 13 October 2013

driving cross country needed a place to stay. comfy bed clean rooms. only complaints are parking spaces a little cramp but everthing else was fine.
front desk lady was nice
appears plenty of eating options ie fast food near by

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Studio 6 San Antonio - East

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had no idea what to expect when I booked a room at this Comfort Inn & Suites, but it is close to the AT&T Center so off we went.
Taking all the previous bad reviews into consideration I must admit it wasn't as bad as it maybe could have been. OK, but not perfect.

The hotel was almost full when we arrived becuase of Varped Vans tour concert in the AT&T center meaning a lot of kids roaming arounf the hotel.
Normally I have no problems with lots of young people ( have kids myself - who was with us ) but when they appear in the breakfast area barechested and half clad, I think it's a bit over the acceptable. As the breakfast lady ( who by the way was really sweet and nice and eager to help ) said: That's just plain rude.

But never the less: The hotel is OK - fast check in, OK service in the reception.
The room was so so, nothing much, but OK.
OK pillows, very soft mattresses
Cleaness: Acceptable.
And as mentioned: The breakfast was good, and the service in that area was super (thanks to that).

But: Please clean the pool area ! Old food was lying around on the pool deck all of the three days we were staying at the hotel and was not removed - thats disgusting.

And I care a lot for security and hope that the hotels I stay in do the same. But I get a bit nervous when the back door of the hotel is wide open so everyone can access the hotel from the back ! That's not quite acceptable security-wise.

But all in all: We didn't experience anything problematic (apart from the half clad kids ) and would say, that it's OK to stay here, but it would not be my first choice the next time we're in San Antonio.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ nights per use and I'm a choice elite diamond member. This hotel would be nice if someone would take the time to make sure the rooms are actually cleaned each day. It was clear to me that the bedding was fresh, but the hard surfaces were dirty and clearly not washed. There was a clump of hair on the bathroom floor. I stayed on July 17th. The management should be ashamed.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Came her to visit a friend for the weekend and low and behold the surprise we had in store. The hotel was not up to basic standards at all. From the time me and my family arrive we noticed the unmanicured lawn. There was absolutely no air circulating in the hotel hallways and the carpets weren't vacuumed. We immediately started to get uneasy about seeing the room. We entered our room to notice the blankets had stains (gross), the restroom didn't look sanitized, there were dried stains on the night stands, and if course the carpet wasn't clean (bits of scattered food here and there). We requested another room but could not be accommodated because the manger claimed they were fully occupied. This was a very uncomfortable experience we would have been better off in a cheap motel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I wanted to stay on the River walk, but the cost of those hotels were ridiculous. I don't know what was going on in San Antonio on a Tuesday but the River Walk hotels were all booked and were over $250.00 on occasion. Since we were going to a WNBA game I found the Comfort Inn. It was very convenient to the AT&T Center. I was a little nervous booking the hotel based on the previous reviews but was really delighted once we arrived. The location was easy to find from our drive from Waco. Our room was clean, there were usual carpet stains from normal traffic in the hallways, but nothing abnormal about our room. The desk staff(Ms. Carter and Arlene) were very polite and helpful when we checked in. We asked about the shuttle and was nervous about that since previous reviews stated the van was outdated. Well, they have a new van with a great shuttle driver. Mr. Andre was very nice, he went above and beyond to make sure the people riding the shuttle to the game were comfortable, entered and exited safely, and made sure we knew where to meet him at the end of the game. After the game my daughter wanted ice cream and we mentioned it to Andre and Joretta the night clerk. She called our room and advised us that Andre had time to run us to McDonalds before the end of his shift. That made a 12 yr olds night. Breakfast, waffles were great, I was surprised to see strawberry flavored so that was a new twist. Breakfast buffet was clean, there was a young lady making sure all was kept clean and she was very polite and helpful. I am sorry I didn't get her name. My experience was much better than I had anticipated. If this hotel continues to take the criticism and repair every fault they will be the best place to stay for your money near the AT&T Center. We will stay her again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen D
comfortinnattcenter, General Manager at Studio 6 San Antonio - East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Karen,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review on tripadvisor for our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thanks again for the awesome feedback on the hotel and staff. We try to make Comfort Inn your home away from home providing you with excellent service upon arrival. Thanks again please come back and see us soon.

Kind Regards,

Arlene Urbano
Hotel Genereal Manager
210-447-2000

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I traveled to San Antonio from Dumas Tx just this past weekend and i booked a room a this location. After driving for 10 hours i just wanted to get to the hotel i had previoulsy made the reservation and rest. I was traveling with my mom and my aunt and we arrived very late almost at midnight. For starters the front desk clerk was somewhat rude to me when she handed my license back, or should i say threw it back! But i was so tired that i didn't say anything. When we went into the room assigned which was 303 i couldnt believe what a nightmare i walked into. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting!!!! hair on the floor, soap scum on the shower walls, and the walk in shower hadn't been cleaned in months! Dirt had built up so bad that it looked like the shower floor was peeling off!! The dust in the room was unbelievable. From the pictures on the wall to the lamps you could tell this room hadn't been properly cleaned in months! I found an empty gum pack in the corner of the room and more dust everywhere i looked. I immediately went downstairs and found Martin there, another desk clerk. He wrote a report to his manager Urlene and moved us to another room. The best room they had available was a suite #301. When my family and i moved our stuff to the ather room Martin wanted to make sure everything looked good and up to standards before we took it. He was in for a big surprise! the room was just as bad! I really felt like it was a never ending nightmare and just wanted to get out of there as soon as i could! But it was already past midnight and my mom insisted we stayed there just for the night and that we talked to the manager first thing in the morning. I had the worst night and dont wish that upon anyone else. To top it all off, i had to call the front desk clerk within minutes after he went downstairs because there was a tampon wraper and a feminine towel in the small trash can inside the suite room!! He couldnt apologize enough and took immediate care of it. I really dont think the owners are aware of what is really going on in their hotel. The following morning i talked to the manager and she complimented me for the night but really i dont think that was worth it at all! Did i mention i am also a front desk assistant in a comfort inn in Dumas TX? And i will make sure to file a formal complaint because there should be no excuses for the poor management and lack of common sense!!

Room Tip: Next time ask to see the room before even checking in. And also, stay away from this particular hote...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night as we had some business to take care of. The place was clean and staff was very nice. The fridge in the room did not work so we just got some ice from the machine. We decided to enjoy the free breakfast and well....it's free need I say more. Over all the hotel was an okay stay for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
comfortinnattcenter, General Manager at Studio 6 San Antonio - East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear DaPeoplesBarber,