“Wonderful, informative & fun”
Review of San Antonio Walks

San Antonio Walks
Ranked #19 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio - Revealed as never before! 8 Top Rated Tours: Missions, History, Sightseer, Private VIP, King William, Architecture, Teacher's Edition, Food Tours, Cooking Classes. In-depth, unique and fascinating tours of discovery that will alter your perception of San Antonio, Texas History, and the Battle of the Alamo!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful, informative & fun”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took the Sightseer tour on our first full day in San Antonio. Gary was the guide and we were the tour. He shared lots of information about the Alamo and the various cultures and history of the area. He also mentioned his Fork in the River Tour that we took the next afternoon. That tour also covered history and culture plus it tied in food that we sample at five stops on the way (three of the stops at the only Zagat rather restaurants on the river). Lots of fun and very yummy!

I can't express how glad that we are that we took these tours! I might even go back and do the History tour later!

Visited August 2013

Tampa, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So much information!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My mom and I went on the history tour and we loved it! There was so much information; the guide, Gary, was so knowledgeable! We were the only two on the tour which made it extremely personal. There really wasn't an insane amount of walking but there was a lot of information to be told in a short amount of time so brace yourselves! This tour might not be for everyone but if you're a serious history buff and don't mind a little walking, this is a great tour!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank narwhalxing
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Tour of the City”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My fiancé and I had never been to San Antonio and were looking for a way to learn about the city and orient ourselves for the remainder of our stay, so we decided to book the San Antonio Walks Historic tour. Our guide Gary was Fantastic! All facts said were researched from first hand testimonials of people who were there, not text books which gave this tour a different feel than ones I had taken in other cities. The guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and truly in love with the history of the city. I would highly recommend this tour - we are looking forward to taking the San Antonio Walks Fork in the RIver Tour with him next time we visit!

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“I LOVE the atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It's a great place to just hangout and do nothing. the scenery was amazing and there is plenty of shade to block the TX sun. Nice restaurants to walk to as well.

Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good tour”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We recently enjoyed the San Antonio walking history tour. Our guide was very knowledgable. Our only reservation was that it was too much about the Alamo, with which we were already very familiar. Perhaps a tour could be offered that would take history from after the Alamo to a more recent time. But if you are interested in history, I recommnd this tour to you.

Visited May 2013