“Riverwalk was Great”

San Antonio Walks & Drives
Ranked #21 of 59 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio - Revealed as never before! 7 Top Rated Tours: Missions, History, Sightseer, Private VIP, King William, Architecture, Teacher's Edition, Food Tours, Cooking Classes. In-depth, unique and fascinating tours of discovery that will alter your perception of San Antonio, Texas History, and the Battle of the Alamo!
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed right on the Riverwalk, literally right out our door. Strolling along the walk was nice. Plenty of restaurants, bars and attractions. You can get any kind of food that you wanted! Not all of them are open for lunch but you can still find what you want.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I love history and have been on historic walking tours all over the US and Europe, so naturally when I found the “San Antonio Walks” website and read the reviews on this page I booked the “History” tour. BIG MISTAKE… I should have read the bad reviews more closely and heeded their advice.

The details were overwhelming. It was like being force-fed a seven-course meal when all you wanted was a snack. I wanted to learn about the battle of the Alamo but I did not need a gruesome, hour-by-hour, blow-by-blow account of how each man died! The grisly details were just too much!

When Gary arrived we were the only two people on the tour and I knew we were in trouble the minute he insisted we hold all questions until the end of his spiel. Every good tour guide I’ve ever had encourages questions and doesn’t mind being interrupted. It was clear Gary had his spiel memorized and didn’t want to be thrown off his game. Even when we held our questions until the end of his spiel he often didn’t know the answers anyway. When we walked past our hotel I saw my chance to escape. I looked at my husband, he nodded at me and I excused myself saying I had a headache.

I cannot recommend the History tour unless you are an Alamo battle fanatic.

2  Thank dschlich
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I took the Sightseer tour on our first full day in San Antonio. Gary was the guide and we were the tour. He shared lots of information about the Alamo and the various cultures and history of the area. He also mentioned his Fork in the River Tour that we took the next afternoon. That tour also covered history and culture plus it tied in food that we sample at five stops on the way (three of the stops at the only Zagat rather restaurants on the river). Lots of fun and very yummy!

I can't express how glad that we are that we took these tours! I might even go back and do the History tour later!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My mom and I went on the history tour and we loved it! There was so much information; the guide, Gary, was so knowledgeable! We were the only two on the tour which made it extremely personal. There really wasn't an insane amount of walking but there was a lot of information to be told in a short amount of time so brace yourselves! This tour might not be for everyone but if you're a serious history buff and don't mind a little walking, this is a great tour!

1  Thank narwhalxing
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My fiancé and I had never been to San Antonio and were looking for a way to learn about the city and orient ourselves for the remainder of our stay, so we decided to book the San Antonio Walks Historic tour. Our guide Gary was Fantastic! All facts said were researched from first hand testimonials of people who were there, not text books which gave this tour a different feel than ones I had taken in other cities. The guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and truly in love with the history of the city. I would highly recommend this tour - we are looking forward to taking the San Antonio Walks Fork in the RIver Tour with him next time we visit!