“Nice hotel, but.....”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #91 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall the hotel is nice, clean, friendly staff and economival, but I would recommend staying on the fourth floor. We were on the 3rd floor and the room above us had people stomping and running around all night long. After a long day that is the last thing I wanted to hear. The hallways are kinda loud as well, with kids and families coming in and out. Second, the parking is not ample enough. You need to be at hotel by 10pm to find a parking spot. Other than those two things it was a pleasant stay. Will stay again, but request room on 4th floor next time.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank vtrevi

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We had the worse experience a couple of weeks ago. We planned a trip to Fiesta Texas for the kids and grandkids. We reserved three (3) rooms. We drove in from Houston straight to the park for what was a great day for the entire family. Much to our dismay we received a call at 8 that our rooms had been sold. We expressed our concern and the fact that we had secured the rooms with a credit card for late arrival and the gentleman wasn't a bit concerned and told my husband there was nothing they could do and it was our problem. When my husband asked for a manager the guy hung up on him. After much searching we couldn't find 3 rooms in the city. We had to make the decision at almost 10 at night to drive back to Houston. We put ourselves and our family in harm's way because of the treatment and unprofessional staff at LQ. We have always enjoyed staying at LQs anywhere we'd go out of town until now. LQ has forever lost a customer AND furthermore I have told family and friends to never book at LQ again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eventura73
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I very recently moved from San Antonio to Stuttgart, Germany. Before we left Texas, we needed to spend a few nights in a local hotel. My husband chose to book the La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest because it happens to be located near where his mother lives, though it was not close to where we had been living. La Quintas also typically allow pets and since we have two dogs, that was a positive factor for us.

We spent four nights at this property. Basically, our experiences were good. The staff we encountered we nice and didn't seem to mind our occasionally rowdy hounds. Breakfast, though not of the best quality, is included in the price of the room. Internet is free and works reasonably well. The room was comfortable enough, with a microwave, fridge, and air conditioning that kept it reasonably cool. Though we didn't use them, there is a spa and a pool on the property, which is great if you have kids (and a lot of them were taking advantage). Also, adjacent to the property is a large field, which is a good area to walk dogs. If you need to do laundry, there's a coin operated washer and dryer available on the premises.

Things I noticed about this hotel that I didn't like include the lack of restaurants close enough to walk to, the lack of parking spaces, and the rather trashy area near the hotel where people neglected to clean up after their pets or didn't dispose of their trash. Toiletries are very basic and the television, while operational, was not set up conveniently. I'd turn it on and have to surf through a lot of snowy channels to get to one that was working. When you spend your time babysitting your dogs in a hotel room, TV becomes more important. Also, since we moved, my husband had a rental car that he had to turn in. Not having restaurants close made us have to rely on pizza delivery. I didn't much care for the breakfast because it consisted of things like powdered eggs, processed pastries, and sugary orange "juice". But I understand the cheaper incarnations of food keep costs down.

One day, housekeeping didn't stop by at all. Granted, I did have the "Do not disturb" sign up for part of the morning, but it came down later. I didn't actually need them to clean the room; just would have liked them to empty the trash and give us towels. They came the following day, though, and were very nice about giving us the service items we needed.

Overall, I'd say our stay was mostly good. I'm always grateful to hotels that allow pets, particularly when they don't charge extra, which this La Quinta didn't do. They also gave my husband a military discount, even though he is now retired. If I needed another pet friendly hotel in San Antonio, I would consider this La Quinta again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knotheadusc
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a king room with sleeper sofa and it was huge compared to average rooms. If you can get a room on the main entrance side, you have a nice view of a forest which also helps with noise. Room was super clean but i wouldn't recommend putting anyone on the sleeper, it was too hard to even sit on as a sofa. Overall, I'd highly recommend and will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

having spare high probability of failure items a like a refrigerator just in case can make all the difference in a hotel experience. I guess the TV , clock radio and other appliances in a room would also be a good move. I cant see these spares altogether costing much more than 500 dollars and of course they all can be depreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Although the Wifi was slow the hotel was great. Staff was friendly and rooms were very clean. I loved that six flags and sea world are only minutes away and you have a variety of family sites near by. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who visits San Antonio for the purpose of fiesta texas and/or seaworld.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are very satisfied with our stay here, we stayed 3 nights. They are truly pet friendly! All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Very clean. We will definitely stay here when in San Antonio!

• Stayed: July 2014