“Nice place at the right price.”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South
Ranked #51 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Nice place at the right price.”
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Love this hotel! One of the few within minutes of the downtown, with an indoor pool, and a perfect room set-up for five people. The beds are very comfortable, and the two bedroom suites are just right. This hotel is clean and the staff was perfect during our stay. They were very attentive and the property is in very good shape. The only thing I would have changed if I could have would have been to have two queen beds in one bedroom instead of the two king beds (one in each bedroom) offered. Other than that- no complaints at all! Would absolutely stay again!

Room Tip: This is a perfect hotel for traveling with kids!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Couldn't have asked for a better stay. The rooms have fridge, microwave, and two televisions. The rooms were very clean, bar and restaurant in the lobby. Staff was friendly and they have a great breakfast for only $8.95. Very comfortbale beds and it is only a few minutes from the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I was stranded at the airport, and put up in the Hotel. I was picked up at the airport right away by the most polite woman who asked if I needed "Anything to help make my stay more comfortable!". Right from the start, even before I arrived at the hotel, I was treated with kindness and respect! Once at the hotel, I was introduced to everyone, shown where everything was, given extra's that I needed, (Because the airline had sent most of my luggage ahead!), and offered snacks and friendly faces!! Once I entered my room I was very amazed at how beautiful and well equipped it was!! I could not have asked for anything more!! I would recommend this place to everyone!! I know I will go back!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this review, 4 days ago

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2010

The rooms are nice, yes, but the staff it awful. It is clear they could care less whether you return or not. The 2nd day I was there, I suppose they were short on hair dryers so when room service came, they took mine out of my room. Not noticing until the next morning so I went to my business meeting with wet hair. The girls at the front desk just said sorry we were short on them and didnt think you were using yours. What next I said, my pillows? tv remote?...I travel all the time and am really not picky and realize all hotels hacve issues, but this one goes far beyond. I spend $700 for those 4 days but I will never be back. They will never see one penny from me again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank HoustonTraveler144
Dear Guest:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

A. Julian M
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I stayed here once in Jan. 2010 and again in Feb. 2010. The trip in Jan. was paid by my company, the stay in Feb was paid by myself. Sincw those two stays Cambria Suites have charge my personal account 4 TIMES for one stay. They have charged my companies account 3 TIMES for the stay in Jan. The hotel itself is GREAT! But it has been a nightmare with all the charges. We had to cancel our debit card in order to stop it (I hope). WHAT A PAIN!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank debbiek152

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I was so impressed by this hotel last year that I chose to stay here on two separate occasions. The hotel is new-ish, and well maintained, and the lobby, rooms, hallways are immaculate. The beds and pillows are wonderfully comfortable, the bathrooms are spacious and the suite-style rooms are designed for the convenience of the traveler.

One of my pet peeves at hotels are rooms with 1 or 2 available power outlets. When I have to travel with 2 smart phones, a laptop and various other peripherals, it is great to stay at a Cambria and have easy access to many power outlets AND the ability to connect to the flat screen tvs!! The contemporary lobby bar/restaurant is another plus. I only experienced friendly, helpful service by all employees I encountered. During my first visit I had a very early flight the morning of checkout. The front desk staff and hotel shuttle driver "bent over backwards" to ensure that I got to the airport on time. When I visit San Antonio again, I will definitely reserve a room at Cambria Suites!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 6 July 2010

A friend and I were in San Antonio for a wedding. The activities took place mostly on the north side and the location of the Cambria Suites were great for that. It was easy to get on and off the freeway to attend the various functions. In addition, the rooms were very new, clean, beautiful decor, and had a very comfy bed. It felt like a studio apartment rather than a hotel. Even though it was right near the freeway, my room was on the other side of the hotel and I did not hear any road traffic. All around great place and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends