“Great hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South
Ranked #53 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were just driving through San Antonio and needed a place to stay. Checked trip advisor and it didn't disappoint. I'm not sure what is around this location other than the airport, but the hotel itself is great. Good rates, clean, good rooms, and good personnel. The only item I didn't like was that at the other country inn and suites I've stayed at they are truly suites with a door between the two sections of your room. This is nice if you want a little privacy from the kids. However, at this location there was no door. Simply an opening between the two parts of the overall room. I'm sure it isn't a big deal for most but it is something I noticed. One other positive note and a pretty crucial one, the air conditioner in the room worked great. Unfortunately, I've stayed at other hotels where the air conditioner has not worked properly. It doesn't matter how nice the hotel is, if the air conditioner doesn't work right, it is a major issue. In this case I was pleased to see it worked well and I got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I am a self professed hotel snob. And this hotel surpassed all my expectations. It is very close to the airport and there is a shuttle that will come pick you up so no car needed. The shuttle will also take you any where you want to go in a 5 mile radius. The driver took us to lunch and dinner twice and was always courteous.

The room was great. We stayed in a king suite. It was nice to have 2 separate spaces. A living area with TV and pull out couch and bedroom with another TV. Plenty of space to spread out. Bathroom was very nice.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. Not the typical continental breakfast that you get for free. Great choices like eggs, bacon, biscuits, waffles, cereals, juices, coffee, fresh fruit. Everything tasted really good too. And the staff was wonderful. Very friendly, always smiling.

The best was the bar. Rarely do you see a nice bar in a hotel at this price point. It was great!

We would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great hotel close to the airport. Had a very good free breakfast . Room was clean with a great separated room layout. Top notch excercise room. Pool was very small felt cramped with 4 people in it. King size bed and pillows very comfortable our room had a pull out sofa bed which was good for my 6 year old.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The staff was super friendly and accommodating! Excellent service!
We checked in on my 5 yr olds birthday and they put a special treat bag for her in our room...she absolutely loved it!
Breakfast was good and the staff were on top of cleaning the tables and replenishing everything.
We would most definitely stay here again! ... And the price was a great deal!
I want to give special thanks to the Front desk staff and head of housekeeping on 8/1/13! We checked in early and they made sure we got a room! Fantastic work!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel was surprisingly affordable as compared to other nice hotels. Service was top notch including front desk, shuttle, breakfast. All staff went above and beyond without me even asking and made sure I had everything I needed. I will be back in a few weeks and many more times to come. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TinaWard04

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. Great service I love having a bar on site. The fitness center is large with free weights and the breakfast is great. Love having 2 tv's in the suite so my kids can watch different shows than I do. I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mdfle585

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Very handy to the airport and only a 10 minute drive from Downtown, this is one well-located hotel.
The rooms are large and comfortable with great beds and bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The prices are fantastic at around $115 per night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple