All reviewsfront deskrental carsan antonio airportwafflesfree shuttlevery nice hotelgreat place to stayhot tubup to datedefinitely stay here againbed was very comfortablenice stayfitness centerdowntownmicrowavefreewaycouch
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After reading previous reviews/ratings, I expected better. Our family of four staying for 4 nights - not feeling the love.
Highs:
Polite staff. Cookies at front desk. Near many attractions. Shuttle to airport.
Lows:
Noisy room - neighbors yelling and airplanes through the walls.
Dirty pool - skimmers contained plastic drink cups, Band-Aids, hairbands, etc...(notified staff of illness potential).
Room in only fair condition - Wall TV hanging at angle with cords protruding below, bathroom vent non-existent, bathroom floor needed better cleaning - Only one table lamp for entire bedroom, no reading lights for the bedside. - Sofa bed/couch mattress definitely not acceptable for sleeping (adult or child) - we requested and received a nice rollaway but room was now crowded.
Breakfast - Good waffles, bagels and juice but don't bother with eggs, sausage, etc...
AC/Heat - Hot weather required AC but only one vent for the entire suite so it was quite noisy. Also noted several degrees fluctuation before cycling on/off.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Frederick G
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Desk clerk Staff, especially Samuel, exhibited best service we have ever seen. Gave us help with restaurant choices, directions, etc. He could teach a class on what good customer service really is! Vicky & kitchen staff were also great. No airport noise (shuttle driver very nice). If you want to avoid freeways, downtown & Riverwalk just few minutes away.

Room Tip: Whatever your room preference just ask the front desk... They really seem to care about your request. We had top floor end of hall facing parking lot - very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had read the reviews and read the reviews and chose to stay here because (aside from casino properties) I live by the reviews in choosing hotels. This hotel lived up to the reviews for sure! I was very surprised that being by the airport, we heard nothing!!!!! The pool and hot tub were nice for a quick dip in the morning before checking out. A lot of people complained about the breakfast, I was satisfied! It comes with the price of the hotel, was edible, and acceptable in my book! Edible and free, not worth complaining about! Had a great array of what I want for breakfast, that's what matters, me! So, seriously if your that picky, go down broadway to central market, and get all the foofoolala gluten free, special diet ick that you want! I didn't encounter one person that was not friendly. The entire property is spotless! I came in looking for things that I could truthfully complain about, and honestly, I couldn't find anything! My room was so clean, I ran my fingers down things, yup, no dust here, the bathroom was very clean, there was an odd water stain on the ceiling of the bathroom that was the only thing I could pick apart! Don't care, was a just saying moment! I brought my trip advisor outstanding service pin, however, the lady I wanted to give it to, I couldn't find. The lady serving breakfast, kept it well stocked, and what I appreciated was that she came into the dining area and advised the guests that it was over in 5 minutes! Loved it! So my service pin goes to her!!!! The beds were comfy, plenty of pillows. I felt that there were enough towels for the 4 of us to shower and such! The pool BTW has its own towels! So......outstanding all the way around!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My parents and two kids visted here to take my 16 year old disabled son to Morgan's Wonderland. We also visited the Riverwalk and attended Joel Osteen's "Night of Hope" service. I hate hotels bc i think they are disgusting but i was VERY pleased with this hotel. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was good enough (the breakfast dining area was FULL each morning so i imagine lots of people liked it). We were only 15 minutes from all the places we needed to go. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to others. It wasn't a perfect hotel but it was a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've stayed in SA a number of times, including on the RiverWalk. I was concerned about being so far from downtown. But this place is a great hotel. Staff is terrific and helpful. It's very clean. Rooms are large including a sitting room. And it's location near the airport, its prompt and courteous shuttle are bonuses. RiverWalk is just 12 minutes away anyway and frankly, you miss the crush of people down there. Additionally, I wish I'd discovered SA's food off the RiverWalk a few visits ago. The Candlelight Coffee and Wine cafe on St Mary's is wonderful. As is Green in the Pearl District. And avoid the tourist RiverWalk and take an evening stroll among the old mansions and magnolias in the King William District and along the river walk the locals favor. The breakfast is so so. That's the only downside. But I've not found a hotel breakfast I like so it's not much of a hindrance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family