All reviewsfront deskrental carsan antonio airportwafflesfree shuttlevery nice hotelgreat place to stayhot tubup to datedefinitely stay here againbed was very comfortablenice stayfitness centerdowntownmicrowavefreewaycouch
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel staff were excellent! First, they have a 24 hour free shuttle from the aiport to the hotel. Additionally, this shuttle will also take you to any restaurants within a 5 mile radius. That's service! And we took advantage of it too! After we got done eating, we called the hotel shuttle and they were there within 5 mins...thanks Raul! The room is spacious. There is a living room area with a sofa bed, ottoman and TV. The desk and a slide window serves as a separator from the master bedroom...which also has a TV. Room also came with microwave and small fridge. Room is super clean!!! They also have a complimentary breakfast in the morning. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, yogurt. The kitchen crew were amazing. They kept everything filled up at all times...and clean! Not a crumb on the counter! Hotel is easily accessible to the City Bus. Just right across the hotel is the bus stop which will take you to the Riverwalk in about 30 minutes for $1.20 per person! We are planning on coming back to San Antonio with our son and will definitely stay at this hotel! No question about it! Thank you Country Inn!

Room Tip: We were in room 324. Close to the ice and vending machine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Amado M, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

A. Julian M.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rooms clean, friendly staff, near the airport for convenience, looks nice and modern, fitness center was nice, all in all a good stay.

Read a few reviews saying it was super quiet, even with the planes... I would disagree, could definitely hear the planes which woke me up, but you are at an airport hotel, so you must expect this. It ticks most boxes for an airport hotel.

Only complaint was I waited half an hour in the sun for the airport shuttle (which was supposed to be only 15 mins after calling them), then called the hotel to see where it is and apparently it was off making other runs. Very annoying as it is five minutes around the corner, and I ended up getting a cab. You are staying at airport hotels for convenience, not for luxury, so you want to be in and out as quick as possible. They didn't really even apologise about this, or try to recover. I'll give them a pass on this one, and try them again to see if it was just a once off.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark1201
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

A. Julian M

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff were extremely accommodating. Shuttle service lightening fast. Rooms clean, spacious and modern. Shuttle took us to a great restaurant for dinner and picked us up. Even gave us a breakfast bag for our 6am flight.

Personal service we was a good as we have had in any 5 star hotel in the world!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank banjowine

A. Julian M.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Front Office Manager Samuel villa investigate you if he thinks that your rate is too low he will go on the internet to find out who you are and monitors times you come in and go out of your hotel room and said the person that was staying with me should not be there due to the rate that I was getting that only I should have been in the room and I explained to him that she also works for my company and the rates apply to her as well and he went on to say that that's not true she needs her own credentials and that my company did not exist because I did not have a website so I went on to tell him that not every company has a website that just made him angry and he said he is an employee there and he don't even get that rate so that's what prompted him to investigate me I showed them my credentials before checking in they had on file he also mentioned the incident that happened in December with my niece with housekeeping and I asked him what does that have to do with the situation now he could not give me an answer he also called the police for absolutely no reason I guess he got upset when I told him a day prior that some of my clothing was stolen I would definitely not recommend anyone to stay here if they think your rate is too cheap to get upset and we'll investigate you and housekeeping steals your clothing I call corporate office never got any feedback so far nothing has been said and done and its been over 30 days I guess they think that management has a right to treat its clients like this do yourself a favor there's better places to stay and I do believe there is some prejudism at this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony R
Samuel V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hotel Management

Reviewed 5 June 2014

After reading previous reviews/ratings, I expected better. Our family of four staying for 4 nights - not feeling the love.
Highs:
Polite staff. Cookies at front desk. Near many attractions. Shuttle to airport.
Lows:
Noisy room - neighbors yelling and airplanes through the walls.
Dirty pool - skimmers contained plastic drink cups, Band-Aids, hairbands, etc...(notified staff of illness potential).
Room in only fair condition - Wall TV hanging at angle with cords protruding below, bathroom vent non-existent, bathroom floor needed better cleaning - Only one table lamp for entire bedroom, no reading lights for the bedside. - Sofa bed/couch mattress definitely not acceptable for sleeping (adult or child) - we requested and received a nice rollaway but room was now crowded.
Breakfast - Good waffles, bagels and juice but don't bother with eggs, sausage, etc...
AC/Heat - Hot weather required AC but only one vent for the entire suite so it was quite noisy. Also noted several degrees fluctuation before cycling on/off.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Frederick G
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014