All reviews front desk rental car san antonio airport waffles free shuttle very nice hotel great place to stay hot tub up to date definitely stay here again bed was very comfortable nice stay fitness center downtown microwave freeway couch
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very Large room w/ seating area, 30 min max drive to all major attractions (Alamo,river walk,etc.), Hotub & pool! Fast check in! Room was cleaned and towels replenished daily!................................

Room Tip: Higher floor away from elevators, avoiding road noise & pool area noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

A. Julian M.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

You can't help but notice when you first pull up to this hotel that it looks like a hospital or some type of facility. Not a great start.
However, the interior lobby is quite nice & welcoming. Hotel manager was superb but the rest of the staff doesn't quite measure up. Room was very nice & comfortable. We found the hotel to be very noisy but not with airport related noise. Lots of door slamming, running in the halls & loud talking/shouting.
Breakfast in the morning was the very worst part of our stay. The breakfast fare was sub par by any hotel standards & they kept the lights off until guests requested they be turned on. Made us wonder if the lights off had perhaps been an intentional plan to keep guests from noticing the quality & lack of food. Many of the hotel guests were in their pajamas & barefoot while eating in the breakfast area which I realize is difficult for a hotel to control. Ample tables to sit at, but on this morning it was standing room only.
Our room was not fully cleaned during our stay. By that I mean the chambermaid had been in our room but our beds were not made. We had been given additional hotel toiletries though....
Our stay was during the weekend and it was very busy, but if you have another option, take it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Samuel V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback as it assists us in pinpointing areas of improvement. I apologize for the quality of breakfast and the overall breakfast service. We certainly don't want any lights off even just prior to breakfast, let alone during breakfast service. I can assure you that this is the exception and not the rule. I take all guest feedback seriously and I will make certain we are putting out a quality product and service for breakfast. While it may have been a busy weekend, we make no excuses and will get better. I sincerely want to thank you for staying with us and for your patience. Thank you for the kind comment about the hotel manager; I love providing world class service at all times as it is my passion. All our associates make up the heart of our hotel and I will be providing additional and ongoing training. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Be careful when booking your room here. We booked a room for a family wedding on line and got a higher rate than if we'd called the number on the brochure and talked to a person. They would not give us the new rate or let us cancel the reservation and re-book it for the correct rate. I talked to Reservations and to the Sales Dept.
cx_sotx@countryinns.com; CarlsonPublicRelations@carlson.com

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I apologize for the rate issues you encountered at our hotel. I can assure you that these issues are the exception, and not the rule. As I don't like to see any guests leave our hotel less than satisfied, please contact me via email or at the hotel directly as I would like to pinpoint exactly where the miscommunication occured and make it right. Thanks for your patience, and your business.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location. The room was great, lots of room to move around, very comfortable and updated. Very quiet, especially considering how close it is to the airport. Those are the positives.

The negatives - I stayed there 3 nights, on one of those days, my room was not cleaned. The shower seems to only have 2 settings - very cold and very hot..so you're left with a choice of having to take an ice cold or scalding hot shower. On 2 different occasions my room key stopped working and I had to go down to the front desk for a different key.

I will look elsewhere next time I'm in town and I would advise others to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Samuel V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay as they are the exception, and not the rule. It's feedback like yours that allows us to pinpoint areas of improvement. Please contact us the next time you're in San Antonio. We'd love to offer you a free room upgrade or discounted rate. Thank you for your patience, and your business. We do hope to have the chance to offer you an issue free stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was very surprised at the lack of noise from the airport. We only heard one plane and our room faced the airport The room was more than we expected. They were very clean, large seating area with fold out sofa bed, two TV's, frig and microwave! The breakfast was great and the lobby area was very nice. The indoor pool was not so good - it's VERY small and needed to be cleaned. Easy access to Sea World but not so much for downtown and the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family