“Weekend with Friends”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Weekend with Friends”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We took 3 other couples for a long weekend with our Wyndham ownership points.

This was our 3rd time staying at La Cascada and have enjoyed it more each time. Accommodations are slightly off the main river walk but close enough to walk virtually anywhere. Free resort shuttle service is also available for guests.

The resort is well appointed and like a "boutique" hotel. It has personality of its own in a great city.

Stayed May 2014
Scotty C, General Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi RickyH59 -

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our property and I look forward to sharing your comments with our Team. Our Team prides itself in providing memories to our Owners, Guests and each other and I know they will appreciate the positive feedback.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Longmont
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My family went here on a get away vacation and we couldn't have had a better experience. From the moment we got here, the service and friendliness of the staff was outstanding. Everything was clean and up to date from the room to the grounds. Shannon, the doorman, is wonderful. He is the ambassador for this resort. The location is very convenient with all of the major attractions within walking distance. We will most definitely be going back to this resort.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael J
Travis L, Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Mike J-

It is great to hear you had a great time and enjoyed our property.

We love to receive feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your great experience with our entire team and special compliments to both our Housekeeping Manager and Valet Manager on their caring team members.

We look forward to your next stay and creating more memorable experiences.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right off the river walk and makes access to tourist spots very easy. There is also a shuttle to different sights in the area. The rooms are very nice and the staff is helpful.

The only negative we had about our stay is the $15 a night valet fee. When calling down to get the car the front desk did not always give the valet the message so we ended up having to wait anyway when we went to pick up the car.

Stayed June 2014
Scotty C, General Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hi NBRentz-

I want to thank you for staying with us and also for taking time to provide feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good time. I will be following up with the Leadership Team to make sure we do not miss opportunities with communication.

Thanks again for your time and I hope you will choose us on your next trip to San Antonio,
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Husband and I went to San Antonio Texas for a weeks vacation. There are 2 Wyndham properties there and we chose La Cascada because it had a higher rating on tripadvisor.

First the good stuff.........

The room was beautiful and clean.....we had a balcony overlooking the driveway because we asked not to be on the side with the trash bins. I read a lot of reviews that talked about the garbage truck at 4AM. The rooms facing the river are bigger then what we got. We were in a 1 bedroom deluxe. The pool on the roof is not large and when went up there it was full of kids so we never went back.

It is about a 2 block walk to the main part of RiverWalk. We enjoyed this area a lot it was very walkable. La Cascada had a shuttle that ran from about 7AM - 5PM. It was great it showed up on time and we used it everyday to get around the city.

Don't miss Market Square we were there on Mothers day which is very big in Mexico. This whole area is like being there. It was lively and like a fiesta! Street food, music, and restaurants. Also all the kick kacks you would buy in mexico are there.

Everything about our stay at La Cascada was great EXCEPT........

We are owners at Wyndham and have been for about 15 years. At check in of course they put a lot of pressure to come hear more about the timeshare. They do a breakfast 2 times during the week you are there. We always say no and did SEVERAL times because we understand how to use our points and are not going to buy more (the REAL reason they want to talk to you)
The guy even wanted to come to our room and talk... no thanks we are on vacation!! I told him I am a light sleeper DO NOT CALL OUR ROOM before 9AM. First they called wanting to come up...no thanks....then on the 2 mornings of the breakfast they called out room before 8 AM wanting up to come. I had a bad night one of those nights and had just gotten to sleep when the phone rang. I finally went down and complained and said NEVER CALL OUR ROOM AGAIN!!

We have stayed all over with Wyndham and this was one of the most aggressive sales staffs we found. We usually enjoy the properties but this constant harassment puts a damper on our vacations.

If I were reviewing on the property alone I would have given it a higher rating...but the harassment of the staff earned it a 3 star.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank simmom1951
Hi simmom1951-

I want to thank you for your comments as they help improve our property and the experience we deliver to our Owners and Guests. I will be following up with our Leadership Team on the opportunities listed in your review.

Once again, thank you for your time and I hope you will visit us again,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have stayed at Wyndham La Cascada on two occasions and had a great time. It is an attractive condo/hotel with good service in a great location on the river. There is valet parking so we leave the car and make the short (5 minute) walk to the main section of the river where there are restaurants and shops and where we can get a river taxi to other sections of the river. The units have a full kitchen as well as a washer/dryer so it is very convenient. There is a rooftop pool and hot tub as well. There is no restaurant or bar on site but plenty to choose from nearby so that is never a problem. It is a great place to get away to relax and enjoy San Antonio.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a small balcony with a good city view and are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimandkeith77
Travis L, Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
-Kimandkeith77

We appreciate your kind words. Every morning we share our reviews with our associates. It is always great to share our guest’s positive feedback and memories. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. This year we have planned more improvement to our property including a full pool deck refurbishment and many other enhancements around the property. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were visiting our son who was graduating from Combat Medic School at Fort Sam Houston. It was very convenient to get to Ft. Sam and for exploring the Downtown area of San Antonio. We arrived late in the evening. We were welcomed by the front desk staff. We chose to utilize the Valet Parking. There are many metered lots in close proximity. This was shared with us by the front desk staff. However, we were unfamiliar with the area and decided that Valet Parking would be the best choice for us. It was $15/day. You could have your car brought to the front with a phone call and it was usually brought around within a few minutes. All the valets were very nice and were ready and willing to provide information upon request. The lobby area was large and very nice. There were chess tables, a pool table, seating areas and a large flat screen TV. Each day, there was coffee and lemonade provided. We had a 2BR/2BA unit with kitchen, balcony and washer/dryer. It was a decent sized unit with three TVs. The unit was well maintained and had all the necessities we needed for a week's stay. We stayed on the 6th floor. This is where the outdoor pool, hot tub and sun decks were located. We enjoyed using the pool and hot tub. We would return to the La Cascada if ever in San Antonio again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Timeshare V
Scotty C, General Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Good morning Timeshare V-

I want to thank you for your feedback and I appreciate your time in giving us your comments. We will share with the Team and I am glad everything went well with the graduation - congratulations!! I hope we are able to serve you again in the future.

Thanks again,
Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wyndham never ceases to amaze me! We spent 2 nights in a Deluxe and 2 in a Presidential, and both of them are amazing! Lots of space, super clean, everything you need and more. The staff is wonderful. We rented a car but found days when we didn't have to take it out of the lot; so many things within walking distance, including the main San Antonio sights, such as the Alamo, Riverwalk, Trolley tours, Hemisphere Park and Tower of the Americas. The shuttle service is also an added bonus! 50 minute drive to Austin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marsha W
Scotty C, General Manager at Wyndham La Cascada, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Good afternoon Marsha W-

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at La Cascada. I would have to say I agree with you about our great Team, Resort and City. I will be sharing this review with the Team as I know they will appreciate the kind words.

Thank you for your time and come back soon!