“FRIENDLY STAFF..... NOT HARDLY!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham La Cascada

Wyndham La Cascada
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“FRIENDLY STAFF..... NOT HARDLY!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

The staff was not friendly. The only thing they new how to say was "Welcome Back". You ask for hints on getting around, well my advise to you is...RENT A CAR. Parking cost is outragous and I don't think you should tip the guys who get your car. You're being forced to pay for parking and the guys are rude!!! Getting answers from any of them is like pulling teeth! Oh and they floors in the rooms are flithy!!!! After your shower, wear shoes!!! You're feet will be black if you dont. The staff needs to take a customer service class or five!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Budlightgrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kingwood, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and I were given three days by a friend that owns Wydham Time Share properties. We arrived earlier than the posted check-in so the front desk went ahead and did the paperwork, took down my cell phone and said they would call as soon as our room was ready. We decided to go ahead and go down to the Riverwalk for a refreshing beverage while we waited. At 4:00, we got our call and headed back to the resort.

Our room was ready and there were no problems with cleanliness, repairs, etc. Everything was as it should be.

Over the next couple of days we took advantage of the pool mostly - when we weren't out and about. It's very nice with plenty of chairs and loungers. It's nice that it's up on the 6th floor - there's always a nice breeze.

We also stopped into the small grocery/deli that is attached to the resort. Small selection, but just the things we needed - chips, drinks, salsa, and wine.

We walked down the street a couple of blocks towards downtown two mornings for breakfast. There are a couple of good Mexican food restaurants that are open for breakfast - simple menu and the prices are very reasonable. There was also a food stand in the park that was open one morning - didn't eat there, but noticed others that were. The park is beautiful and the old Catholic church is nice to tour.

We really liked the La Cascada - the staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingAggies
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

When we first arrived, there was noone there at valet to meet and greet us as we drove up. We waited in the the car for almost ten minutes before we decided to just go ahead and check in ourself. Valet is not optional and is rather expensive at $15.00 a day. If I'm forced to pay for valet, it shoud be available to me when I need it. Once checked in, we unloaded our own bags made it up to the room, wjhich didn't look presidential at all. I had to call down to the front desk to ensure that they put us in the presidential suite. My children's shower was bigger than mine. The shower would cut on, however, there was barely any pressure. The balcony was very small and so was the dining table. The lamp in my room was almost broke and the neck was leaning all the way over.

We also discovered that the room was infested or had a pest problem. Thank God, it was on the day that we were checking out cause we would have checked out long before that. I found a roach in the bathroom and my wife saw one in the the jacuzzi bath tub. Not the big ones that can fly, the little ones that mean you have a pest problem. Now, we never ate anywhere but at the table, so how did they get in the bathroom. We don't have them at our house so we didn't bring them with us. I'm rather scared that we may have brought some home with us.

Valet never worked the way it was supposed to. When you wanted your car brought down, you're supposed to call and give them 15 minutes in advance, often your car would be ready in 3 minutes or it would takes 20-25 minutes. Some system huh? Overall my trip was ok, due to the fact that I was spending it with the wife and kids and as a family we had a good time. However, if you're staying in the presidential suite and you still have to ask for more pillows cause they act like 1 pillow per person will affect their check, I think there's something wrong!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank 210cop
Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

The Account Managers are Sales in disguise. They use rude insolent tactics and ruined what was a good stay. The hotel is close but not on the river. You have to walk past some seedy (street level) places or dark shadows (river level) to get to a place you can feel truly safe, at night anyway. The check in staff was great. The Sales Nazis unfortunately ruined this. They pose as account managers to "HELP" you. They are not. They hide behind member services where you have to go to get shuttle bands or information. ANY coupons are simply crap you can get a t any visitor center or from the brochures in the lobby. Wynhdam is one place I will never trust. The name change from Fairfield is nothing short of a facade.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank SC1R
Port Jefferson, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

We recently visited San Antonio and stayed at the Wyndam La Cascada as part of our RCI exchange. Although the property is well maintained, the location to the Riverwalk area as suggested in the resort description is misleading. The resort claims to be 2 blocks from the Riverwalk. It is not. It is near a spur of the river, and is a good 15-20 minute walk to the main area along the river. You are far removed from the Riverwalk area, and are really located near the courts of the city in a deserted neighborhood on weekends and evenings. The hotel runs a little shuttle bus during the day to various parts of the city, but it stops a 4:45 in the afternoon, leaving you to fend for yourself to get back to the center of all the activities. Walking back to this area at nighttime is not something that made us feel comfortable either. We were very disappointed in the location of this property, and felt that it did not live up to the description presented on the resort. While we loved San Antonio I would pay money and stay in one of the hotels closer to the Riverwalk area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MargeC20
Fort Worth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

My wife and I booked 5 days at the Wyndham La Cascada, Tuesday night - Saturday night. We worked all day on Tuesday then drove the 5 hours to San Antonio, Checked in and got right into bed. The next morning we made the bed and found a grapefruit sized Human Blood Stain (dried) on the sheets, bead spread, and Matress pad. it was in the middle of the bed about Knee level. I promptly took the sheets to the Resort Manager Ken Williams and asked for new sheets. That is all I asked for.... He gave me the sheets and said he would look into the issue. About 2pm we goy a messege from him saying My wife and I were at fault , We were trying to get free stuff and we would be charged $175.00 for a room cleaning and sanitation fee. He would not talk to us any further and charged the CC on file! We left right away and drove the 5 hours home!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Emerald38
Shelburne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

Stayed here for four nights in November. Staff were great, gave me three tries to find a room with a view, Settled for one on the third floor with a partial river view. The great views are impossible to get. The room was clean (checked my feet, not black) and well supplied, but only for the first night... there is no room service. The balcony is small, but fine if you want a beer and a book. The location is great, close to everything, including the riverwalk. Good sized room. Cost about 100/night tax in because of the time frame I was in.
We are not owners, but were prepared for the little "orientation talk" that they gave on our first morning. Guy was not pushy, very informative, and we kept the meeting to less than 30 minutes. All in all a great deal

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple