“Pick the Right Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak
Ranked #216 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel and was somewhat disappointed due to the location of my room and the noise from the expressway next door to the hotel. I spent three nights at the property but finally had enough of the noise from the trucks and cars going by. I had stayed at the property two other times without complaint, but this time I finally had enough and moved to another Marriott property nearby. To the hotel's credit they offered to move my room but the options were limited. So I would STRONGLY recommend when staying there that you try to get as far away from the end of the hotel near the highway as possible.

Room Tip: Get as faw away as possible from the side of the hotel near the highway!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak

Reviewed 18 October 2013

It's a Fairfield by Marriott so they are always a good choice; comfortable and clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast. This hotel's location is great to access almost everthing; the airport and North Star Mall, The Quarry are all within a 10-15 minute drive; Fiesta Texas is 15 minutes away and Sea World is 25 minutes away, all accesible via the 281 or the 1604 loop. For takeout there is a nearby Schlotzky's and good family dining is 2 or 3 minutes away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent two nights here and truly enjoyed this property. The room was very clean and the bed comfy. The clerk at the front desk was wonderful and went out of her way to help me with a small problem. We would stay at this hotel again without a question We were put on the quiet side of the hotel and that made sleeping a breeze! Housekeeping is exceptionally good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side far from freeway
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
acg0143, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best Fairfield Inn I've ever stayed in. I found it conveniently located near a lot of dining options and shopping places. The rate was just right on the spot. I would just like to have a safety deposit box in the room instead of the small one at the front desk

• Stayed: August 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Fairfield Inn and Suites. Please come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. We loved breakfast, waffles eggs sausage muffins cereal toast bagels yogurt fruit...way more than we ever fix at home. The wifi was fast and free, we were very close to Six Flags which is why we went. It has an indoor pool which was great since I wanted at least one afternoon where I wasn't baking in the sun. The beds were super comfy, and even though we were on the first floor right by the lobby it was really quiet in the room. If you use navigation to find your way, you might want to exit the highway one exit before the navigation says otherwise you wind up way far away from your hotel. Otherwise, it was very easy to find. Some people on here have complained about the towels and the size of the pool. Well, you aren't going to be swimming any laps in the pool but it is find for family play time. The hot tub is working now. And yes the towels are thin, but they are also clean. If you need a fluffy towel, bring one from home or buy one when you get here. Over all we loved the hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I made a reservation through Travelocity for 4 people, one bedroom (two queen beds). When we got there they gave us a room with one king bed, they said that they didn't know my reservation was for 2 queen and that they didn't have any more rooms, they couldn't care less.
My husband and I end up sharing the bed with his parents. His parents were visiting us and I made the reservation, it was awful. And to add up the room was very noisy, people coming in and out all night.
The men at the front desk was very rude and uncooperative, we are quite sure they were just punishing us for making the reservation through Travelocity.
The only good thing was the breakfast.
I'm never staying again in this place, and never making a reservation through Travelocity

Room Tip: Room 101 is noisy since is right beside one of the exit doors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Good location, great customer service especially Yvonne at the front desk, good breakfast, housekeeping dix a great job, free parking and plenty of restaurants around. The only negative thing was the thin walls, youcould hear everything going on around you! Overall a good stay!

• Stayed: July 2013