“Awesome Facility and Staff”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome Facility and Staff”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I am a military member who got short notice orders to the San Antonio area. I did not want to get a lease because I was not expecting to stay more than a couple months. I contacted numerous hotels for long-term stay availabilities but was disappointed to find they were extremely expensive and were farther out from the base than I wanted. I spoke with Live Oak Value Place and they had a great price and were extremely helpful to getting me situated. During my stay the staff made the visit an absolute pleasure by always being helpful especially to non-standard situations I was put in due to military schedule. The hotel is in next to great areas for things to do, in particular, being across the street from a movie theater. I would and have told others about the great stay I had at the Live Oak Value Place and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vista, California
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Value Place when we were in San Antonio when we were on vacation in August. We felt at home the minute we walked into the hotel. We arrived at night and Mary Jane welcomed us like we were guests in her own home. She was friendly and efficient when checking us in and took the time to be sure we knew where the grocery store and restaurants were located. Every time we saw her during our stay, she greeted us by name. The property was clean and well maintained and one of the first things we noticed was how good the building smelled. Our room was exactly as advertised. The kitchen area with a full size refrigerator was a real plus. Because the hotel sets where IH- 35 and the loop around San Antonio meet on the North side of the city it was easy for us to get to all the parks and other attractions. There is a movie theater across the street and a shopping area with a nice variety of restaurants a short distance from the hotel. Value Place is also well located for day trips to the beautiful Texas hill country and the San Marcos outlet mall. Value Place is not a luxury hotel. It is a value priced hotel that delivers exactly what it promises...a clean and secure place where guests can stay and still have money to enjoy what the San Antonio area offers. Our stay at this Value Place made us value place advocates.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paige A
texas
Reviewed 25 May 2011

In town for 6 months, I researched extended stay facilities extensively. This is the best bang for the buck. The hotel is quiet and very, very clean. The staff is responsive. It is located across from the Forum where there is a variety of retail and food. Walking is not an option (but this is true for most of Texas). The hotel was not more than 35 minutes from any of my activities or events. The intersection of several highways and Interstate 35 can be a bit tricky but this location is definitely worth that bit of effort. I will be back for all my stays of a week or more.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
maldon
Reviewed 6 April 2011

we went to texas for a 50th wedding celebration for my brother Graham & his wife Dee Roberts. Value place exceeded all of our expectations, room nice and clean, al the staff were very helpful & very friendly,its nice & quiet @ night ,all the facilities are v/good,
only a short walk to mama's cafe for a great breakfast, or the texas roadhouse for dinner.
easy to get on IH35 for downtown San Antonio. We would deffinatley stay here again,
10 out of 10 for Value Place @ live oak norheast in San Antonio .thanks to all,best wishes Neil & Emma Roberts from maldon essex ENGLAND

Room Tip: book direct with hotel for the best deals.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Fairly new hotel. I found the room to be comfortable without any frills unless you expect additional services.
The rooms included a full-size refrigerator with freezer, two-burner stovetop, microwave oven, dresser and nightstand, color TV with cable and at least one premium movie channel, dining table with two chairs. The property offers
housekeeping every two weeks, secured, interior-corridor access, vending machines and a 24-hour on-site laundry room
If you want internet, pots & pans, daily linens--you have to pay more for those services. The rooms were clean. I wish they would have cleaned the carpets after each tenant, but I did find that that regularly clean the carpets in the hallways. The office staff and made service is friendly. This hotel is located very close to several eating establishments and shopping centers. It can get a little noisy in the evening especially if there are families with kids.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Idaho
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We were in San Antonio for a family wedding and 15 of our family members stayed at the Value Inn. We have never felt so welcome upon check-in at a hotel. Mary Jane was absolutely outstanding and took care of us our entire stay, whether we needed extra pillows, an iron, or directions to our destination. The rooms were very clean and the full size refrigerator and freezer and microwave were very handy for all of us, particularly since we had 6 teenagers in our group. If you are looking for full amenities, a pool, etc. this is not the place for you, but if you want excellent customer service and a clean, comfortable, spacious room, the Value Inn is the perfect place. Thanks again to Mary Jane and the rest of the Value Inn staff for making our family vacation so memorable!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SamIdaho
Mississippi
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Our company comes to San Antonio twice a year for work and our crew always stays at the Value Place. The manager and staff accomodate our every need. Our time here is always very pleasurable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to San Antonio for work or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TammyKat
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#195 of 354 in San Antonio
Super 8 Universal City
#1 of 1 in Universal City

Been to WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North? Share your experiences!