Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Market Square
Ranked #276 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Odd Place”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

What can I say - would I stay here again - Maybe if there was NOTHING else available in the downtown area. I did take pictures but I noticed that the same pictures were already posted. We only stayed one night and I am glad it was not any longer. The room is large but it basically has nothing in it- we had a king bed on round metal legs (maybe 8" high) that sat on a not so attractive vinyl floor. There was a large area next to the bed by the window that could have fit another king bed in there but there was nothing there not even a chair a table a couch - absolutely nothing but a big bare floor. In the other corner of the room was a chair with a very small table connected to a one seat booth where you would have to sit to watch tv. The tv was attached to the wall in a black box across from the bed. There was not a picture on the wall nothing at all inviting. There were no amenities not even kleenex. The towels were rolled up in a holder on the vanity. Bath towels were very small and did not even absorb the water after showering. I noticed that the bed sheets were very wrinkled hopefully they were replaced before we came in. I felt like I was in an institution of some sort. Not a very comfortable experience to stay in this room. There is no lobby just a desk when you walk in with not even a water, coffee or mint for the guests. Very basic - very plain - but ok for one night I guess. I just remembered on the bathroom vanity they did have two small plastic cups each wrapped in cellophane. In most hotels when you pull the cellophane out of the cup it is sealed and you rip it open to use it. In this case when I pulled the cellophane out of the cups it was already opened and just stuck in there. Really!! I did not use I had my own.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Market Square, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Vegasgram,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 September 2013

It's a motel 6. You get what you pay for and this is a budget hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's close proximity to central/downtown San Antonio is great! Everything is within walking distance or you can walk across the service road and 1 block East and catch a trolley. There is a McDonald's next door for the early risers seeking a coffee fix. The rooms are adequate and comfortable. My only complaint about the room is the floor needs to be mopped (they are linoleum). There is a homeless shelter a few blocks away so the homeless will bum. Be polite and tell them NO. The hotel does provide security, but we never had a problem. Overall I would rate this Motel 6 a 7 out of 10. If you are used to the finer things and expect more than a place to sleep, look elsewhere. If your budget conscience, and looking for convenience, not a bad deal.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank dkendall
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Let’s set the expectations for the hotel before I begin my review. You will be visiting a hotel near the downtown area of San Antonio. Mind you not in downtown but near downtown, and generally in the US my experience has been that those areas are a little dilapidated and the neighborhood isn’t that friendly. With that expectation set, I think that the hotel is conveniently located near the Alamo, River walk area. There is a McDonald’s right next door to the hotel. The rooms are fairly clean. The bathrooms really need to be updated since the room that we were in had a tub with brown marks. Overall the stay here really isn’t that memorable, and the only reason we stayed here was to avoid paying through the nose in the other River walk hotels. However, after looking at their prices, I don’t think that I will be visiting them anytime soon. The neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired and it really isn’t worth it to just save a few dollars. I will, however, comment on the excellent service that I received here since we arrived late on the night of our check-in and the person on call was extremely accommodating and even provided us with the pack n’ play that we used. Overall though I don’t think I will be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gillbhai

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Updated rooms which were very nice. NO rugs on the floor so my dogs had issues gripping the floor and any little bit of rain made the floor a complete mess. (So, I WAS a little worried that they may hurt themselves on the slippery floor). There was overnight security which was nice though I didn't feel uncomfortable there.

The location, if you are capable of walking, was FANTASTIC. About 1-1.5 mile walk to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Less than 1/4 mile to Market Square. Right next to a McDonalds if you needed a late night snack or slushy.

VERY friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend it here. Better than your typical Motel 6.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Holly T
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our First room door was not working, meaning that you can open the door without a check in card, the good thing we checked before we left to see if it closed. So we told the front office and they moved us to a different room, without a working phone. (didnt matter because we have cell phones.) Overall the room was clean,nice. Bad thing about it not much tv channels to watch. Now the area where the motel was located it at was terrible, there is like a bar around the corner not that close to the motel but noticable. Good thing there was 2 security guards I saw that were doing there job.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The motel was nice enough, but the area is terrible! Homeless people and seedy/dirty looking people wondering around. Looked out the window in the middle of the night and some guy was looking in at me! Did not feel safe there at all. There is a McDonald's next door - got my purse stolen there, right off the table while I was sitting there having coffee! Stay away from this area there are other motel 6's in much better neighborhoods.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mavon2000
Green Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not the easiest to get to, but once you are there, you are in a great location. Updated rooms w/flat panel tv. Clean & Comfortable. Front desk was very helpfull with maps and directions to close by attractions. 7 blocks to the River Walk, across the street from Market Square. Excellent value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple