“Close to everything.”

Ranked #217 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Close to everything.”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My dog sitter had fallen through and they had no problem letting me add the dog on (for a fee of course). I opted out of the optional daily maid service as I would be there for only a few days. As it was a kind of cramped room, but not to bad. The construction made it difficult for me to get to, but the location was nice since it was right by the highway not to mention all the stores and food. We had no problems at all. The front desk was very welcoming. It was one of the cheapest places in the area and I would stay here again. They had plenty of parking and had a miminalist breakfast laid out every morning. The beds were a little hard, but so are most hotels.

Room Tip: They do not clean daily, you can request it for an extra fee.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jessica C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Jessica - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about our staff. We appreciate you letting us know that the bed was hard. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service, a great room for you and your dog as well as a great location overall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I wish there was a pool, but the overall stay was great.
Stay in the area every other weekend during the summer to visitwith my daughter. Some times it can be expensive. This was a great value. Easy access on and off the freeway and convenient. Great restaurants in the area. Again a great stay overall.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hotel overall. As well, I am glad that you found our location to be convenient and close to different restaurants in the area.

My staff and I thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were relocating to San Antonio and needed an extended stay. The reservation was ok, but I never recieved the email confirmation for my reservation. I called three times to confirm. The rooms are a bit dated and not well kept. They are somewhat clean and the bathrooms need some TLC. Especially the showerheads and the floors. If there is a bit of a facelift done this would be a much better place. Oh and if you need towels, you better buy your own. We still have no face towels and we are on week two.

Room Tip: No rooms near the looby or the the front of the hotel. Very noisy and alot of traffic
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Stephanie - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and that you were disturbed by noises throughout your stay. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working to improve our maintenance and cleaning procedures. As well, I am retraining our laundry attendants to ensure that linens and towels are available at all times upon request.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bit @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our son to San Antonio for a nice family vacation. We booked the extended stay at the airport because we wanted to have a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out every night so we could save money. When we checked in they couldn't find our reservation and then after a long search they found it. Upon walking into the room the dead bolt latch was completely broken off and it seemed like they were doing some renovations because. Our closet doors were torn off and all you could see were the holes in the wall. After looking over the room some more we found red stains all in the refrigerator. And old crusty food in the microwave. When we looked at the stove it looked like it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time as there was burnt food still in the burners. When we walked into the bathroom I wanted to puke. There were cigeratte marks all over the counter. Long hairs were left all over the shower and the caulking had so much mildew and mold on it I wanted to run and scream. The worst part was there were blood stains on the toilet seat. When we went to complain to the front desk the manager seemed to not care at all about the problems she was more worried about getting us away from the front desk so those checking in wouldn't hear us. I will never stay in any of the extended stay hotels

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ckgurlz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the condition of you room and the cleanliness is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my employees and addressed the issue in the room to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests.

To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at bit@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Corona, California
Reviewed 28 June 2013

When checking out of hotel i forgot my electronic exercise belt in the room.I had placed it between the night stand and the bed, on the floor. Two days later I arrived home and then realized that i had forgotten it. I called the hotel and left a message for Gladys the assistant manager, about my problem. she never returned my call.Next day i left message for manager Michelle. of course no return call. After several calls with messages left; finally,MIchelle returned a call. Her response was non apologetic and said it was not responsibility of hotel. I mentioned, doesn't hotel have a lost and found policy? Her remark was that any thing a Guest leaves behind is not the Hotel responsibility . Can you believe that ? Of course someone in hotel staff wanted to keep the belt! The Owner of the Hotel should not keep Michelle and Gladys as Managers. They are a very poor example of the profession.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Antoinette M
houston
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Beds are horrible and the rooms are really, really smail. You can barely move around in them. I you are a guy over 200 lbs and 6' 2" or above, this is not the place for you. You will absolutely hate it. Pay a little extra an find a larger room with another chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you felt the rooms were too small for you and the bed was too hard. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have shared this information with my staff and upper management. Our hotel does have cozy rooms but some of our other hotels do have larger rooms available that may make you more comfortable.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at bit@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The kitchen light didn't work, there were no batteries in the remote for the TV, it smelled so bad I left the windows open and bought a candle, I woke to bug bites around my ankles and a beetle on the pillow next to me. When I reported all these issues, there was no offer to discount the price of my stay and the manager was pretty nonchalant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Kari - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the light and remote control for the television in your room were not working properly. I was also disappointed to hear about the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bit@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.