“Stay away so that you can enjoy San Antonio better” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #251 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Stay away so that you can enjoy San Antonio better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in one of the First floor rooms on our trip to San Antonio during Memorial day long weekend. Being the Customer of Extended Stay(my Compnay even has has Corporate discount here) for many years, I went it without checking reviews with my 1 year old baby. That's the big mistake :( The room was infected with Beetles and can you imagine about 20 beetles in a room? That made our night of hunting Beetles, and we could not let our baby to step out of bed. There were beetles all around the property outside as well. The Front desk person cant help and she said there was no one to attend now, and they will come 9 am next day! More to follow- Hot water did not come in our room, and all my Family members have to take cold bath. Again- Front desk person said, she is the only person in there, and cant attend us that time! Then, when we returned to Hotel at 1 am, our Entry Access card did not work(the same happened to our friend who stayed in another room), Reason we were told is- the strip gets erased when we keep the card next to magnetic surfaces(not sure what we did anyway, but we should have been told earlier). So overall, pathetic stay, worst of all the hotels I have ever stayed. I will be sure to write the matter to my company not to endorse such hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid this kind of room & service to have peaceful stay at San Antonio.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ram S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Juan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotel for the price. Located in a quiet area and not too far from where we wanted to go. Gladdys and Gloria were very nice and friendly. A/C in our room was super cold! Really enjoyed our stay and hoping to come back real soon.

Room Tip: If you are just needing a room to sleep in like we did, this is a good choice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I loved how simple everything was checking in, asking questions, and checking out. The price was far below other locations in the area and I couldn't be happier with the room. I appreciated the kitchen area that all of their rooms have. Plus, any shopping you could ever want is around that area!!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am so pleased to know that your check-in and check-out processes were quick and easy. As well, I’m happy to hear that our kitchen and our location met your travel needs. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Justin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went on Priceline and did the one where you can't see which hotel you're getting until after it's purchased. I don't mind taking my chances if I can save some money. Well when I got the confirmation that it was this hotel I went to read the reviews to see what I was up against. All I could find was people saying bugs bugs and more bugs. I was seriously expecting to sleep on top of the covers with my own pillow and blanket, hover the toilet, and wear shoes in the shower. Well let me just say when I walked into my room I was so confused about everyone's reviews. It was clean, bug free and the bath tub was just fine. My family and I slept under the covers and didn't encounter 1 bug. This place was great for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank CalieAnn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and your stay with us. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. Our goal is to provide a "home away from home" experience, so I am pleased we were able to provide that for you.

Valley Springs, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Staff was okay but I couldn't get up at night without stepping on silverfish and/or cockroaches. The grounds were trashy and the laundry room was filthy. Kitchen was not well supplied - 1 fork, no sharp knives, 1 skillet and 1 pot (cheap aluminium). I booked for 12 nights and left after 4.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
LeeAnn - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel was not in line with our company's high standards. In response to your feedback, I am working with our staff to enhance our cleaning services and am going to be providing our guest rooms with a deep clean. This will ensure that this type of situation is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bit@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We wont go back. Our phone charger was stolen from our room. Manager sent the same email to us that he sent to another guest who had the same problem, that basically said "sorry". They don't seem to be getting a grip on the theft issue

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank decogirl20
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry to read that a phone charger went missing from your room during your stay. Please know, our staff is trained to place items that are found in our Lost and Found bin behind the front desk. As well, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our staff would not partake in illegal activity of any kind, especially since we take these claims so seriously. Still, I will speak with our team once more to ensure this type of issue is addressed and continues to not be a problem at our hotel.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bit@extendedstay.com, so we can discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us
Tylertown, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here once on the way to California via car and again on the way back. Both times the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Although it was a bit from I-10, it is close to the airport, Olive Garden, and an excellent restaurant named The Alamo Cafe which had excellent Mexican style and Margarita drinks according to my wife. There is also an I Hop very close because breakfast is small consisting if banana nut and raspberry muffins, apples, tea, descent coffee in the office. Although I did not use it, they have a kitchen with silverware and two burner stove, a few pots and pans and silverware in the cabinets. The Internet code is given on check in for wireless.

Room Tip: If you call early you can get a bottom floor room and I bid it for $31 on the way there on price wat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location to the local restaurants and hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!