We were traveling with our two small children, so we prefer to stay in a "suite" type room where we have a kitchen and separate sleeping spaces. I can tell that once upon a time, the rooms were quite nice. They have many sleek and modern finishes in the kitchen and bath. Since it's an extended stay type hotel, I suspect that the inhabitants are just very hard on these spaces. The furniture in the living room is well worn...couch cushions stained and flat, recliner "leather" peeling, lamps bent, etc. That said, it worked for us. The rooms are very quiet. In 5 days, the only noise I heard from other rooms was one evening, we could here the person above us walking around with very heavy feet. It was perfect for naptimes and bedtime so that the children weren't awakened by noise in the hallways or adjacent rooms. The bedroom is tight when you have two adults and a baby in a pack & play, but it's a temporary situation, so it's manageable. the couch pulls out into a full size bed as well, so our family of four did sleep comfortably. The "cupboard" was a nice convenience, although the snacks/food are quite overpriced, but having the access to use a washer/dryer for free and having detergent available for a nominal fee (it is much more affordable than the snacks!) was a huge lifesaver. Children are notorious for spilling, so we were able to wash all our clothes before heading home and having to deal with set-in stains. Surprisingly, the washers and dryers are kept in good repair. They are clean and well maintained! The wifi was perfectly fine for us - in fact, I worked from the hotel for a full day on my computer and it was fast enough not to frustrate me. The only small complaints I would have are 1) they only have two luggage carts for the whole hotel and 2) the larger trash receptacles are kept near the pool, so while swimming, you occasionally get a whiff of the garbage. Would I prefer to stay in a newer, nicer hotel? Yes, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your family. My stress level was definitely lower because we stayed here. They even allowed us an extra couple of hours after check-out so the kids could get naps before our flight out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to San Antonio Come and see how we celebrate spring with Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta! , a citywide cultural celebration. Aside from being home to the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk, we are also home to the San Antonio Spurs, the Majestic and IMAX Theater, Sea World, Fiesta Texas as well as many institutions of higher education including UTSA and Trinity University. From the moment you enter the Candlewood Suites hotel you will feel right at home. Whether your visit brings you to us for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is ready to serve you. Our rooms are cozy and convenient because we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. It's the ultimate suite for every traveler. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two phone lines and surf the net with our free high speed internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and book library or work off some stress in our fitness center or our outdoor pool. Our Candlewood Cupboard offers meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices and our complimentary washers and dryers will keep you looking your best. The Candlewood Suites hotel is located on the Northwest side of town near USAA, Lackland Air Force Base, and the Medical Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Candlewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center Texas