“too much food for one person”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 4,769 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: La Cantera Pkwy
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we decide to dine in this restaurant but I think the portions are really too big. Not only that, but when I asked for my check they gave an extra plate of pasta to go which was included (?) anyhow someone else enjoyed that portion of the dinner

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Luncheon for granddaughter's graduation was very well done. Food was excellent and servers were extremely friendly and attentive. Alcoholic beverages were a bit pricey which was the only downside.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

In San Antonio for a business trip, we saw what looked like a "nice Italian restaurant" in the mall near our hotel and decided to try it for lunch. What a great surprise we had! Delicious entrees with home-made sauces, terrific eggplant parmesan, which is hard to find as an entrée, and outstanding service. The atmosphere is open and "old-world," with dark wood, marble bar counters and warm lighting. They easily accommodated some special requests and we thoroughly enjoyed the Chicken Piccata and the alfredo pasta that my husband ordered with angel hair instead of fettuccine.
Don't miss the desserts! The Apple Crostada with caramel sauce was over-the-top delicious. We had the "mixed berry" tiramisu at lunch (no coffee in it) and it was creamy with fresh berries and more than enough for two people. We liked the restaurant so much that we went back the next night and ate in the bar. One of the servers from the day before stopped by and even remembered that we were from South Carolina. Our meal was just as delicious in the bar section, and we opted for their 'real' Tiramisu for dessert, which was truly the best tiramisu I have ever tasted. Charleston, SC is known for its wonderful restaurants, and we have enjoyed most of them, but I would certainly frequent a Maggiano's if one opened in Charleston - and I absolutely recommend the Maggiano's in San Antonio.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Restaurant was crazy busy Memorial Day weekend so made a reservation and waited less than 10 minutes. Walk ups were being told an hour and 15 minutes. Food was great and the service was top notch!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Maggiano's is not a restaurant that caters to "value" seekers. The food was delicious and plentiful yet pricey. I had the chicken and shrimp pasta which was nicely prepared and appropriately sauced. The place is popular and packed so I highly recommend reservations. I reserved on line for the same day and we were seated promptly.

Our server was friendly and timely.