We had a room on the 5th floor and asked for an outside room that is not close to the bar area. I had read a review that said an inside room that is close to the bar downstairs could be noisy. We did not have a river view, I thought I asked for one, but my husband didn't care so I did not bring it up. My only negative would be that there was a musty smell when you first walked in the room, but that went away quickly & you didn't notice it after a minute. I really like the way the rooms are configured. They are large with a separate area for a desk, sink, mini-fridge, & couch. There is a short wall in between that & the bed/bathroom area. It's almost like a tiny apartment. I had already read several reviews that the bathroom is small & the door barely clears the commode, so I was prepared to not be annoyed bythat. Some mentioned that the vanity counter space is very small, but that did not bother me because there is a counter right next to it that is about 3 ft. long. The bed was comfortable & the TV was large. The TV swiveled so you could watch it from the couch or bed. Our room was very quiet, we never heard anyone, but we purposely went during the week when kids are in school. Breakfast is included & it was pretty good. They always have toast, bagels, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. The only thing that changes is French toast, pancakes, or waffles. Didn't like the French toast too much but the pancakes & waffles were pretty good. Each time we went down, all the chairs & couches were taken but we found seats at the bar. Again, we were there during the week, not the weekend. The girls/women at the front desk were all pleasant & helpful. Laurie on the afternoon shift was outstanding .. she has the most outgoing & bubbly personality. Veronica & Cynthia on the morning shift were also friendly & helpful. The hotel is right on the river, it's right out the back door, but it is quite a walk to the river walk restaurants. If you are fit it won't be a problem at all. Maybe not great for an elderly person. We lucked out and got to see Harry Connick, Jr. in concert - the Majestic Theater is awesome! Never seen anything quite like it. We did the SA Western Shooting one day and really enjoyed that. We walked down to Rosario's one night & enjoyed the food there. We also went to Biga on the Banks, which is EXPENSIVE, but the food was excellent. All in all we had a really nice trip to San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking fee $15.00 per night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Amerisuites San Antonio
- Amerisuites Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hyatt Place San Antonio/Riverwalk Texas