“First Rate from Start to Finish” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #147 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Wintersville, Ohio
“First Rate from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

From the immediate greeting when I entered the motel, to my check out the service and staff were first rate. I had made the reservations based on location, close to the things I wanted to do while in San Antonio, I couldn't have made a better selection. Everything was within walking distance for me which was great. The staff was fantastic, I was greeted each time I left, and returned with a smile, even if the front desk staff was with someone else they acknowledge me by looking up. Great customer service. My room was clean and very comfortable. Very up to date furnishings. My entire visit to San Antonio was great, and my stay here added greatly to that experience. I would most definitely stay again, and recommend very highly.

Room Tip: Room facing the city have ax excellent view of the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank samsue_59
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Our goal is to have all of our guests have the best experience with Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear that the staff provided superior service during your stay. The location here is great. We are walking distance to the Riverwalk and downtown. We also have rooms that faces the city to provide a nice view at night. The staff will be thrilled to hear how their hard work gave our guest a positive experience. Thank you for staying with us and see you again soon.

210-229-9973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Check in will absolutely not begin until 3 pm no matter what. When you are allowed to check in the staff is so inefficient the line will stretch out the door. They cannot properly set up keys to work. Non working door locks indicate a lack of maintenance. The maintence man did kindly ask if we really needed him to fix the latch so that it might work. The rooms stink, literally, and the hallway carpet looks like it has never been cleaned. This is my first experience with Red Roof and I hope to not make the same mistake again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Txaggie1289
First impression is very important from the moment your drive onto our property and the moment you leave the lobby. I will share your feedback with our staff and think of ways to better improve the quality of our services. Once again, we are sorry for the experience that you had but we will make some improvements to prevent this type of experience from occurring in the future so that our guests will have a pleasant stay.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Magnolia, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Very poor experience. Room was not even cleaned when we went in...carpet was dirty, no shampoo, no toilet paper - had to go to desk and ask for these items. Counters were not very clean. Soda machine short-changed me. Had to request that our room be cleaned. Left at 7:30AM and returned at 5:30 and maid was JUST finishing cleaning our room- using a BROOM to sweep the dirty carpet - told us that her sweeper wasn't working! I will give the desk clerks credit in that they were very nice. Breakfast was OK.

I would probably not stay here again. Unfortunately, first impressions are lasting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig B
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
I just want to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is our goal that all of our guests has a wonderful experience during and after their stay. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our services and we will definitely continue to do so. We are only located within minutes of the Riverwalk and have been renovated with new floors, beds, TV's, etc... We inspect rooms on a daily basis and we are sorry that we fell short of your expectation on that day but I will share your comments with the staff so that we can make sure that all of our rooms have the necessary supplies for our guests. Once again, thank you for sharing and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Beeville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I went to San Antonio just to get away with my boyfriend, and it was great! We stayed two days, and we had an amazing time. Our room was cleaned everyday, nothing of mine was stolen, and the staff was extremely friendly! I will definitely recommend, and stay again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah_fasho
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to provide a friendly, knowledgeable staff and a updated, clean room to all of our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My partner and I wanted to get away for the weekend, we started searching for hotels on or by the Riverwalk. We searched and found a couple that were available and also pet friendly since we travel with our dog. This hotel was the only one that had no charges for pets, everyone else started at $50 and it went higher. When we arrived the front desk clerk was very friendly and sweet, she even gave our dog a treat which she loved of course. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, this hotel seems to be run and managed very well and it shows that they thrive for excellent customer service, I will definitely be back to this location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ricardo A
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your partner and your furry friend. We are one of the most pet friendly brands out there and we are so happy your found us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!

Bordeaux
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

When we arrived, we checked in a dirty bedroom. Bed spreads full of stains, floor not cleaned. More over, the internet didn't work, the safe was closed and there was no bucket for ice. We warned the desk and they gave us another room ... Wich was worse! The floor was full of hairs, the toilet full of urine stains(!) the bedspreads sers stained too. The ice machine, nor the vending machines were not working either. We paid 90$ for this! Incredibly disgusting!

Room Tip: Avoid 510 and 511 (and all rooms that 'Angela' cleans)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding your stay with us. As you can imagine, I am disappointed to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. Please be assured that this is not a typical experience for our guests and I will be following up with the housekeeping team to ensure that this issue is not repeated. I would appreciate if you could reach out to me so that we can discuss your issue further. We appreciate your business and hope you can give us a chance to better serve you in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The outside was nice, the hallway area was a bit more ghetto. The room itself was decent with its wood floors and the bed was nice and comfy. The staff was ok and the area wasn't bad or far from the riverwalk itself. If you are on a budget its def not a bad stay .. I would stay here again if you aren't too picky ... We actually had a nice view of the silhouette of the hotel skyline from our room ...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank var3liita
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable hotel with friendly service to each guest. While reading your review, I saw that you mentioned that the hallway was not up to standards. I will be sure to address your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that this is corrected for the future. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to the Alamo city.