“Mother & Daughter Road Trip Night 3”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #165 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Fremont, California
“Mother & Daughter Road Trip Night 3”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was the 3rd Red Roof we were staying and this was by far the best! The rooms from the outside were nice and the lobby was A+. Staff very pleasant and we were so happy to see that there was continental breakfast available. Though the "continental" was not only Texas shaped waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal and muffins as well as juice, tea & coffee. Very yummy.

After our 2 past experiences, we were wondering what problems we were going to have. The only problem was the bathroom light was out and one of our keys didn't work. We got that all fixed right away.

The only disappointment was that the pool was closed for the season.

This was/is the best Red Roof Inn. I can not wait to come back again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Your reaction is what we want all of our guests to have at all of our Red Roof Inns. The staff here are friendly and informative to the attractions in the area. Thank you for your feedback and words of encouragement.

210-229-9973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We checked in late evening. Found two dead bugs in our room. Shower head has huge hole in wall around it. Toilet looked nasty. No hot water at all. Noise from the air conditioner, highway and doors shutting kept me up half the night and I can sleep through a lot. Not much space in rooms and no refrigerator or microwave. Breakfast area was cramped to say the least. Food was all prepackaged and no variety. Two other rooms my family and friends received were dirty and no one in the hotel had hot water. In case you are wondering we are still here.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank J M
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
First of all, I would like to say that I am sorry to hear that your experience here was not what you expected. Our hotel have been renovated with new floors, flat screen TV, beds, furniture and more. The entire staff here does work hard to make sure that all of our rooms are in good shape for our guests. We do check our rooms on a daily basis and we will continue to do in order to provide the quality of service that our guests deserves. I will inform staff of concerns so that we may improve our services so that we may provide you the best. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we do hope that you would give us another chance in the future.

Wintersville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2014

From the immediate greeting when I entered the motel, to my check out the service and staff were first rate. I had made the reservations based on location, close to the things I wanted to do while in San Antonio, I couldn't have made a better selection. Everything was within walking distance for me which was great. The staff was fantastic, I was greeted each time I left, and returned with a smile, even if the front desk staff was with someone else they acknowledge me by looking up. Great customer service. My room was clean and very comfortable. Very up to date furnishings. My entire visit to San Antonio was great, and my stay here added greatly to that experience. I would most definitely stay again, and recommend very highly.

Room Tip: Room facing the city have ax excellent view of the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank samsue_59
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Our goal is to have all of our guests have the best experience with Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear that the staff provided superior service during your stay. The location here is great. We are walking distance to the Riverwalk and downtown. We also have rooms that faces the city to provide a nice view at night. The staff will be thrilled to hear how their hard work gave our guest a positive experience. Thank you for staying with us and see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Check in will absolutely not begin until 3 pm no matter what. When you are allowed to check in the staff is so inefficient the line will stretch out the door. They cannot properly set up keys to work. Non working door locks indicate a lack of maintenance. The maintence man did kindly ask if we really needed him to fix the latch so that it might work. The rooms stink, literally, and the hallway carpet looks like it has never been cleaned. This is my first experience with Red Roof and I hope to not make the same mistake again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Txaggie1289
First impression is very important from the moment your drive onto our property and the moment you leave the lobby. I will share your feedback with our staff and think of ways to better improve the quality of our services. Once again, we are sorry for the experience that you had but we will make some improvements to prevent this type of experience from occurring in the future so that our guests will have a pleasant stay.

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Very poor experience. Room was not even cleaned when we went in...carpet was dirty, no shampoo, no toilet paper - had to go to desk and ask for these items. Counters were not very clean. Soda machine short-changed me. Had to request that our room be cleaned. Left at 7:30AM and returned at 5:30 and maid was JUST finishing cleaning our room- using a BROOM to sweep the dirty carpet - told us that her sweeper wasn't working! I will give the desk clerks credit in that they were very nice. Breakfast was OK.

I would probably not stay here again. Unfortunately, first impressions are lasting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig B
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
I just want to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is our goal that all of our guests has a wonderful experience during and after their stay. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our services and we will definitely continue to do so. We are only located within minutes of the Riverwalk and have been renovated with new floors, beds, TV's, etc... We inspect rooms on a daily basis and we are sorry that we fell short of your expectation on that day but I will share your comments with the staff so that we can make sure that all of our rooms have the necessary supplies for our guests. Once again, thank you for sharing and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Beeville, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I went to San Antonio just to get away with my boyfriend, and it was great! We stayed two days, and we had an amazing time. Our room was cleaned everyday, nothing of mine was stolen, and the staff was extremely friendly! I will definitely recommend, and stay again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah_fasho
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to provide a friendly, knowledgeable staff and a updated, clean room to all of our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Best Regards,

Bryan Lawyer, CHA
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My partner and I wanted to get away for the weekend, we started searching for hotels on or by the Riverwalk. We searched and found a couple that were available and also pet friendly since we travel with our dog. This hotel was the only one that had no charges for pets, everyone else started at $50 and it went higher. When we arrived the front desk clerk was very friendly and sweet, she even gave our dog a treat which she loved of course. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, this hotel seems to be run and managed very well and it shows that they thrive for excellent customer service, I will definitely be back to this location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ricardo A
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your partner and your furry friend. We are one of the most pet friendly brands out there and we are so happy your found us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!

Best Regards,