“Everything great except the shower”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #146 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Everything great except the shower”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The location was close to down town and the room looked very nice. We were disappointed that there was no fridge in our room. The beds were comfortable for a double. We were able to watch 4th of July fireworks from the pool. The view was awesome! The only problem was the shower. Water temp was fine but all of a sudden we heard a loud drilling noise. It happened with every shower. It was scary but at least we were able to finish.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lovelymtz
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to provide you with a WOW experience and I’m delighted to see you enjoyed the 4th of July fireworks from our pool! I apologize for the shower issue you experienced. When we welcome you back next, you might enjoy one of our Premium Rooms which will have not only a refrigerator; but a snack box and a larger work desk and television!
I0248@redroof.com 210.229.9973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here for a three-night weekend over the holidays. The location was great, it was within a short walking distance from the San Antonio Riverwalk and not too far from the airport as well. The price was decent considering the location and amenities. Staff was extremely positive and helpful. they even went above and beyond to help me print my plane tickets for my return flight. The only downside was the noise level. Inside your room, even with the TV on, you can here anytime your neighbors come or go with a loud slam of the doors. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a casual weekend, looking for a decent price near the Riverwalk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. We are delighted that despite some noise issues over your holiday stay with us, you found our staff to be helpful. At Red Roof Plus+, our staff works hard to ensure a delightful experience for our guests and they will be honored when reading your review. We also enjoy our location, which is only 4 blocks from the Riverwalk and the Alamo in Downtown San Antonio. We certainly hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

210.229.9973 i0248@redroof.com
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The location is good if you have a car, although it is walking distance from the Alamo and Riverwalk you have to cross under the freeway which is not that nice by night.
It is not a very clean hotel; we found some pieces of plastic on the bed! But the linen in general was clean. Breakfast was very poor, it is a very small area for all the guests! The coffee is crap and so is the “food”.
The people at the reception were very kind and very helpful. Overall I recommend you stay only for one night there is a good balance between price and quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ixel R
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to provide you with a flawless experience; I am truly sorry that we fell short on the quality of the room condition. I assure you we are working to correct any issues so that your next visit you will experience value and quality. The staff will be honored to see your kind compliments on their service. We hope to welcome you back to our Riverwalk location soon!
Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

No frills place to rest for the night. I do wish I had spent a little more and stayed closer to the river walk or Alamo. We did walk from this location as it's not far from everything. But being right under the hwy, it definitely is on the edge of town. Suspicious looking people and homeless under the bridge gave an unsettling feeling about my car in the parking lot. And being a women with kids walking past these people made my adrenaline race a bit. The kids did swim in the pool (located in the parking lot) which was gated-in. The service/staff was friendly and responded to our two requests. Check your room for towels and shampoo as we had to get those delivered. Breakfast was available the next morning. I didn't eat just because there were so many people scrummaging through the food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to make you feel confident, significant and delighted. I do apologize for the service mishap with your room amenities. The staff will be honored to see your kind compliments on their service. We do hope to have you back to enjoy more pool time when your travels bring you back to San Antonio!

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. About the only good things I can say is that the wi-fi worked good & it was close to the River Walk, Alamo & mall. It had a fridge & microwave & an in-room safe which we did use. If you don't, you can ask for a refund for the charge. They charge $10.00 a night to park in their parking garage. The bed sat on a piece of carpet & the rest of the floor looked like hardwood (but I don't think it actually was). We had some water drips so I used a kleenex to wipe it up & it was filthy! I don't think they ever mop it. There was only a small purse-sized pack of kleenex, no box. There was no extra toilet tissue. There were only bath towels & a bath mat, no hand towels or wash clothes. My husband asked at the front desk for some & he was given bath mats! I heard someone else ask for towels also The stool ran all the time unless you jiggled the handle.The shower was difficult to turn off & on & was too much pressure. There was a sort of desk where I used my computer but there was no paper or pen. I didn't eat the breakfast but my husband did. All they offer is danish (which wasn't out & he had to ask for), bagels, juice & coffee. We stayed at a couple of Quality Inns recently & they had a hot & full continental breakfast (much better). There was a noise that came from the light over the bathroom sink. It was kind of like a beep & was nearly every minute. I had to wear earplugs to sleep. The sink isn't a normal sink. It is more of a free-standing sink on top of the counter. Therefore, there is very little counter space. I could hear running from the room above us till 10:00 PM.Our room was on the 2nd floor & overlooked the pool. There was a spotlight right outside of our room that shone up into our room & made it way too light & I had a hard time sleeping because of that. Definitely won't stay here again.

1 Thank Carolyn S
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you very much for spending two evenings with us and for taking the time to provide your review. I am sorry to see that we failed to meet your expectations during your time with us. At Red Roof Plus+, we strive to provide our guests with service that makes you feel confident and delighted with our product. If you are back in the San Antonio area, we would certainly be honored to have a second chance at a first impression. Please contact me directly at the property so I can ensure your next visit is flawless.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Did not enjoy my stay there at all. Was on the 4th floor and had kids running in the hallway bumping into the suite doors. My room door would not close when exiting the room.
The only good thing about the hotel was its proximity to all the major points of interest in downtown San Antonio

1 Thank Jose S
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your review. We are truly sorry for the noise level you experienced during your time with us. As our guest you deserve a restful night’s sleep and I can understand your dissatisfaction. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to host you again and show you your recent stay was an exception. At our Red Roof Plus+, our goal is not only to provide you with our excellent location close to many San Antonio attractions, but also provide you with amazing service. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please contact me so we can provide a flawless visit.
210.229.9973 i0248@redroff.com
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Not entirely pleased! Hotel desk staff was extremely helpful check in was fast. Elevators at this hotel are the slowest in San Antonio. Parking area was good. Room was fair, clean. No frig very plain not a honeymoon hotel for sure. Part of the flooring was laminate which was quite different to find. The shower had the strongest water pressure that I have encountered in a hotel. If you have sensitive skin beware! You have to walk under the highway overpass to get to the River Walk area. Underpass has local San Antonio homeless people camped out but very harmless. You walk about 4 blocks to the beginning of the River Walk area. Beware vehicles do not watch for pedestrians in San Antonio and you have several crosswalks to get anywhere from this hotel.
Don't count on having breakfast here. They have some juice and sugar Danish. Count on finding a restaurant for breakfast. If you are looking to stay at a hotel close to the River Walk with conveniences you normally find at a hotel do not stay here. The value is good if you are not looking for anything special and are healthy enough to walk a fair distance to attractions.
The WiFi did not work. I phoned the desk clerk who said there had not been WiFi for 2 days. A technician had been contacted but obviously had not fixed it. Terrible would not consider this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us an providing your feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. As a Red Roof Plus+ we are always trying to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Have you experienced one of our Premium Rooms with even larger flat screen TV, snack box of treats and extra pillows for the bed? It is my hope that you will give Red Roof Plus+ another opportunity to serve you in the future.
210.229.9973 i0248@redroof.com