“Great place, great Rate”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #145 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Great place, great Rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great place! Hotel and rooms very very clean. You can tell this an older hotel, but has been updated very nicely. Staff was very friendly and courteous . Only a short walk to Alamo and Riverwalk. No need to take the car into downtown. Only stayed overnight, but would spend more time here. Can't get a better rate so close to Riverwalk. Would definitely recommend. They allowed an early check.

4 Thank 727anna
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. I am delighted that our staff was able to welcome you with an early check-in! Our Downtown San Antonio location is within a 10 minute walk of both the famous Alamo and Riverwalk. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
I0248@redroof.com 210.229.9973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Temple, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

First off, I would like to warn everyone of the pictures they have posted on their website. Yes, the room does have potential to look like said picture if they took their time to clean the rooms. Check-in was quick and accommodating as I was checking in 3 hours before their "check-in time." As I walked into the room there was a distinct stench of what I believe is either mold, mildew, or both. I wanted to do a quick run through of the room starting with the restroom. The sink is located outside the room which is convienent for those sharing the room with others, but our sink was equipped with old toothpaste marks that I'm hoping (which sounds awful to even think) from the last previous guests of the room. I make my way to the bathroom. The toilet was filled with god knows what substance so I flushed it, but it still had remains of whatever it was. There was hair on the walls and floor of the shower (which I also hope was from the last previous guests). I looked up to see yellow stains on the ceilings. Now for the room (I had a double bed room) The sheets had stains. On the ceiling of the bed next to the window there were two black markings. NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE, but let me tell you how terrified I was sleeping at night not knowing if whatever they were would fall on my face. Next, the noise complaints. The walls are so thin that you can hear whispers from your neighbors, but the most annoying are the people in the hallways. I mean you get what you pay for, so if you need to be cheap by all means stay here plus there is free wifi, but I recommend bringing sandals to wear as you walk in your room, it is that disgusting. Obviously, from everything I have horrifically mentioned about this hotel, I will never come back to this or stay at a Red Roof Inn establishment.

Room Tip: splurge and go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. I am truly sorry to see that your room condition was not to your standards, nor ours. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to ensure your satisfaction. While I understand how disappointing this experience was for you; if your travels bring you back to Downtown San Antonio, please contact me. I would be honored to welcome you back, in hopes that your next stay is flawless.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel has a good location just a couple of blocks from the riverwalk. The check in was reasonable. The room was bigger than I expected and seemed clean. No noise or anything so all in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RedcityRollers
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Downtown San Antonio location. San Antonio’s famous Riverwalk has many shopping and dining options for travelers to enjoy; and the Riverwalk is within 10 minutes walking distance of our property. When you are next in the area, we would be honored to welcome you back!
210-229-9973 i0248@redroof.com
Alice, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Second trip, second time staying at this hotel, both times hotel was dirty, the second time was worst, my room had trash from the previous guest. The bathroom was filthy no towels, and hair in the bathtub. Bed sheets smelled like dirty feet. It was the worst I would not want to go back, just because it's a convenient location doesn't mean they should not care. My coffee pot still had used filter in it and a look of rust inside, once I saw that I longer wanted coffee just disgusted.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else
1 Thank Sally L
Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. I am truly sorry for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your second stay with us. We are actively working with our team to ensure Red Roof Plus+ standards are met and enforced at our Downtown Riverwalk location. If there is any possibility we could welcome you back a third time, please contact me at the email or phone number listed below.
210-229-9973 i0248@redroof.com
Katy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Management was absolutely terrible. I mean TERRIBLE. This hotel completely ruined mine and my husband's 3rd anniversary trip and my first time to SA. Plus, the bed felt like I was sleeping on a box spring and the AC vibrates every time it kicked on. I HATED my stay here. Vacation ended early because of them.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MazieMiller
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your recent stay. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to provide you with excellent service; certainly on a special occasion such as your anniversary. I am truly sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am available at the email and phone number below. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Firstly the staff is rude. We arrived in our room & the floors were covered in hair! They hadn't been swept, mopped, or vaccuumed. We called the front desk & they did come sweep & mop. Leaving all the debris they swept up on the table by the coffee pot!! When I drew back the bed sheets the first bed was full of long black hair in the sheets! The second bed had blood on the comforter & a used napkin in it!!! (Sick!) They ended up upgrading our room. Not any better... The floor also had not been swept, mopped, or vacuumed! The comforters on both beds were stained had & still food on them. (not cleaned) The mini fridge with the 'complimentary snacks' only had the previous guest 1/2 gallon of used milk in it. When I showered, I got a wash cloth that was covered in make up and hair, obviously used previously. The mirror in the room was covered in well I'm not even sure what... This place is disgusting! I will never waste $ here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank sheena c
Red Roof Inn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Red Roof Plus. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; or ours.

As your feedback is extremely important, when your time permits, would you please contact me at the email or phone number below? It is my sincere hope that I can connect with you so that I may obtain additional information to ensure I can resolve this matter for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to connect with you soon.

210.229.9973 i0248@redroof.com
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room key will deactivate every day. When I asked for a new key, receptionist will give me attitude.
2. Shower water will not drain fast. I had to wait like 20 minutes to drain.
3. Worst attitude ever from receptionists

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank a_horacio_m
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your recent stay. At Red Roof Plus+, it is our goal to provide you with excellent service. I am truly sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time at our Downtown San Antonio location. I am available at the email and phone number below. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.