First of all, a little gem away from the downtown area. Upon driving in, tired, from New Orleans, I asked at the desk if I could check in early and they allowed me to do so. The front desk people offered me a variety of discounts when I asked which one was the best. I settled for a "military" rate and that was better than the rate I was quoted and billed for. They made the changes and that was almost $30.00 US for 2 nights. That money was used for a nice Texas BBQ restaurant. Second, you go to countries, cities and certain destinations for the attractions or shopping, not to stay in your room and mope about the room charge, dirty this or that. I walked into the room and was surprised at how "Hampton Inn" it was. This was my first Red Roof Inn and the view from my 5th floor window was of the downtown area and a freeway but I did not hear the cars nor was the scenery blocked by any obstruction. There is a nice "office" type set up for my lap top, charging of my NUVI and assorted cameras. There is a coffee maker, microwave, fridge, iron and board and, surprisingly as my pictures show, no dust under the bed or anything that goes squish in the night. A small Con; under the overpass are brightly colored lights but also some street urchins. I had no problem with them and EVERY city in the world has street people. The breakfast was quick and not meant to be the drawing point of staying there. Eat and get out. Never had a problem with the front desk and all sheets, towels and surfaces were clean. Did not venture into the pool but did walk by it. Ample parking, off street and elevators to your floor.
So, personally, have a GPS to get you back to the hotel and not a cheap one like I have. It's not hard but I was tired and the GPS had outdated routes. You can walk downtown and to the Alamo faster than I drove around. My friends stayed at another hotel, on the Riverwalk and paid up to $50.00 more per night. While that's expensive, they were literally right on the Walk and I had to pay $10.00 for parking at a city run lot. Next time I went back to their hotel, they gave me their parking ticket for that day and I was able to park for free, all day...in and out.
I can state that the hotel is quiet, clean, business and leisure traveler ready and a good place for kids who like to roll around on floors. My carpet seemed almost new and the outside view was clean and unblocked. Across the I-35 (maybe I-37) was a Hampton Inn that charged almost 30.00 more per night and also had a view of the same highway I had. So, save a lot by staying here and walk or drive to your destinations. I also take ear plugs everywhere and use them nightly, even in my own bedroom. Carry them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Red Roof PLUS+. Adding more WOW to your stay! Discover an enhanced experience with all new rooms and our most requested higher-end amenities. A completely remodeled and upgraded stay. Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Rverwalk is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel. This hotel is close to The Alamo, San Antonio Convention Center, the Riverwalk, the Alamodome and River Center Mall in downtown San Antonio, TX. The hotel is also close to Lila Cockrell Theatre, Market Square, Freeman Coliseum, AT&T Center and Splashtown.When you check into the Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, check out the fantastic new amenities in our NextGen ® design rooms that are 100% smoke free and feature a stylish, boutique design with all new furniture, spa-inspired bathrooms with modern vessels sinks, new comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, modern design flooring, new seating and a large, flat screen TV. This Red Roof PLUS+ hotel also features Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room! We feature a conference room, business center kiosk, free local and domestic long distance calling, ATM, an outdoor pool, elevators, interior corridors with WiFi available throughout the property. Selected rooms offer microwave and refrigerator units (a nominal fee may apply; please inquire). Now offering Red Roof's new "Order Inn" program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Experience our complimentary “Grab & Go” Breakfast of bagels, apples, oranges, juice, coffee and tea in the lobby. We offer “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. Parking is available for standard vehicles for $15 per night with in and out privileges. well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Red Roof Inn, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Texas