“Nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #5 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Waukesha, WI
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Was here on a business trip for a couple of days with a group. The check in was fast and with no problems. The rooms are nice but I would recomend a room on the river side. I had a room on the ally side and it was rather noisy in the morning. Also I thought the room was a little dark and could use better lighting rather than get up and turn on every light in the room. The free breakfast in the morning is better than most places that claim to do the same thing. The location of the hotel is excellent, right on the river. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cul8tr8320

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Drury Inn & Suites at the Riverwalk is a better-than-decent hotel in a great location for tourists. I would definitely consider staying here again. If I could give 4.5 dots, I would. Starting from the outside and working in: the hotel has an attached parking garage. Parking is $14 per day, and the garage is not suitable for full-size trucks or SUVs (low ceilings and very narrow parking slots). The lobby is modern but not flashy, with plenty of seating and a food service area, about which more later. Front desk personnel were all very nice and along with your room keys they will hand you free drink coupons for the 5:30-7PM happy hour. Three free drinks per adult! In addition to the drinks, there is free breakfast every morning, snacks/finger food in the afternoon, and popcorn + sodas until 10PM. We could have saved a fortune by not eating on the Riverwalk.

Elevators and hallways (and the parking garage) give the strongest hints about the age of the building. Nothing is falling apart; just well-worn. The standard King room was a little on the small side, but quite livable. First thing you will notice are the 15' ceilings and tall casement windows overlooking the Riverwalk (not necessarily a good thing; see below). You will also notice 1) a decent widescreen TV with a few digital HD channels and the standard assortment of SD cable channels, 2) a microwave in the TV credenza, 3) a mini-fridge below the microwave, 4) the oddly-shaped toilet/shower area. There is no fan in the shower area so it quickly becomes a sweltering steambox. The bathtub is super-shallow so if you like a soak you'll want to plug up the overflow drain. There is no makeup/magnifying mirror (a rarity nowadays it seems). Bed was comfortable, lighting was good, and the reclining La-Z-Boy style chair was nice. Towels are hit-and-miss; we had a washcloth you could see through, but also a relatively new bath towel that was fairly soft. Toilet paper is airport-quality (about 300 grit), which is surprising given the overall mid-class feel of the rest of the hotel. Internet (both wired and wireless) is free.

Although the windows on our side of the hotel looked down on the Riverwalk, they also look down on a popular bus stop, so while the drunken carousing fades by maybe 2AM, the buses start showing up by 6AM. Bring a white noise generator or ear muffs if you're a light sleeper (or try a room on the other side of the hotel)! The hotel has a direct exit onto the Riverwalk, so it is very convenient to all the shops and restaurants. It is also within easy walking distance (about 3 blocks) of the Alamo, Rivercenter shopping mall, and various tourist attractions (Ripley's, Mme Tussaud's, etc.)

All in all, the Drury Inn & Suites is a solid hotel that you should have no problems with unless you require solid marble floors and a bellman in a fancy hat at the front door.

Room Tip: Riverwalk-side is noisier, but have a view of the drunk folks!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Boidster
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

My mom, sister-in-law and I had a 2-room suite for 2 nights. Everything was positive! The location is wonderful - right on the Riverwalk and near restaurants, etc., yet in a quiet location. The hotel lobby is absolutely beautiful. Everyone we encountered who worked there was pleasant, smiling, polite and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The sofa bed was adequate - certainly not as comfy as a regular mattress, but not nearly as uncomfortable as most sofa beds. The free cocktail hour was a lovely touch - we didn't eat at the cocktail hour, as the food was quite "hearty" - mac and cheese, jumbo hot dogs, meatballs, etc. Seemed like a great deal for a family with children!! The complementary breakfasts were really good - and featured a great variety. The afternoon popcorn was delicious! Free wifi was appreciated. We didn't have (or need) a car. All in all, a perfect location and a lovely stay - all 3 of us agreed we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 2-room suites are great! They have a microwave, small fridge and bar sink, too. "Living room...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed for 4 night and Every single person we met who worked at this hotel was amazing! They were helpful, kind and welcoming!
The rooms were spacious and clean. The free breakfast was nice but the "kickback food" and free beverages was a very nice addition! You could either sit and make it a meal or do as we did which was use it as a snack when we were planning to have a late supper on the river. and speaking of the river walk, it's literally right outside the door!
Another thing we loved was that almost anything we wanted to do and see( market square, Alamo, river walk, shopping, tower of America) was all with in walking distance,
It was a wonderful visit.
The only con I have to this hotel is that parking was extremely expensive for my taste. It was $16.00 a day. We really only drove twice, once to sea world and the other time to Tejas rodeo, seems a bit much to charge you guest that much for parking.

Room Tip: I used Hotwire to find the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Itasca, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I was in town for a convention held at the HBGCC. Depending on your pace the hotel is about a 10 -15 minute stroll from the HBGCC. It's a beautiful walk as you can take the river walk all the way to the hotel. Pretty much door to door. This may not be an advantage however if it's 85 degrees or more and humid.

There is an attached parking garage that I did not need to use.

The hotel itself is historic but not necessarily preserved. I would call the public areas clean and for the most part well maintained. Though clean the common areas felt dated and worn. There is a small business center for guests which was helpful when I needed to print my plane ticket.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and versed in customer service.

My hotel room, #419, was impressively clean and fairly large. The high ceiling gave the room a spacious feel. The room had a closet, small fridge and plenty of drawer space. Though I did not use them there was an in-room hair dryer, iron & board and unlike some hotels the wireless internet was easy to connect with. The view out the window wasn’t anything special but let in plenty of natural light.

I liked that the hotel chose to provide shampoo, conditioner and soap in a three bin container as opposed to individual bottles as that is much better for the environment. The shower pressure was strong and hot water was immediately available. Though right next to the ice bin and fairly close to the elevators the room was not excessively noisy.

All in all I’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ItascaMark
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

WOW! I can't say enought good things abouth this hotel. The customer service and amenities were abounding! My husband and I loved this place! It is located in an older up-udated building that was very charming and clean. When I booked online through Expedia, I asked for an upgraded room since it was a special occasion for us. We were pleasantly surprised to get a king suite when we arrived, which has a separate sitting room with a big flat screen TV (which came in handy when my husband did his early morning workout and I was still sleeping.) From the moment we got there, the staff was very friendly, helpful, and accomodating. We loved the location - right on the Riverwalk. There is a water taxi stop right outside the lower-level door, so that was very convenient. We also loved the convenience of having free wi-fi in our room that connected immediately and without a password. The hot breakfast was great, as was the light dinner they offer every day from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. I also liked the free popcorn they have in the lobby and the free unlimited soda machine. The room was very roomy, clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The parking was only $15.00 per day - one of the cheapest for hotel parking on the Riverwalk. They only charged us once, so it appears that parking is for a 24-hour period, rather than day to day. I also appreciated having free wi-fi in our room. The rooftop hot tub and pool were really nice. The hot tub was hot and the pool was heated, so it was a nice combo to hop between. The weather was perfect and the veiw from the roof was amazing. It was very private and nice. The pool area closes at 10:00 pm, which I think is a little early, but they didn't actually close it until 10:30 on the night we were there. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. You get a lot of bang for your buck! We will definitely be back when we visit San Antonio again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade when you book. We did and got it.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BevSLC
St. Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We went to visit our Son in Clute Texas and took a drive to San Antonio for the riverwalk. Saw this hotel on the internet and like the idea of a historical building as a hotel. It was a was a very neat a clean hotel. I love the charm of the place. Our room was very large with wonderful high ceilings. The free drinks, and breakfast was a nice bonus. Food was average but good. The riverwalk was nice and had lots of good resturants but no little shops which I expected it would. I would recommend this hotel for this cleanliness and location on the riverwalk.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family