“Weekend visit to San Antonio”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #7 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, TX
“Weekend visit to San Antonio”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We planned a quick trip to San Antonio for the weekend and I took my mom (who had never been) and my daughter. Didn't know where to stay on the Riverwalk so got a thumbs up recommendation from my niece for Drury Inn and Suites. WOW--This hotel far exceeded our expectations in every way! The room was large and roomy and private. My mom and I went to bed and my daughter stayed up and worked on a college paper half the night, but we never knew it! Everything about this hotel was excellent, but I have to say the staff was by far the most impressive. I travel somewhat frequently and the staff here were unbelievably nice and friendly. Each and every one of them! I will be coming back to the Riverwalk just to be able to stay at this hotel again and again!

Room Tip: There were three of us, so we had a one bedroom suite. Had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Lots o...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here the first part of Dec and were very pleased. The staff were all friendly and helpful. They always were greeting us with a smile. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were next to an elevator yet the room was so quiet we never heard the elevator. Each morning there was a great hot breakfast set out with eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, waffles etc... Each evening at 5:30 there was another free spread set out with 3 free drinks a piece as well as chicken strips, hotdogs, nachos, salad, mac and cheese etc.

Free popcorn and soda most of the night as well. The pool was really nice as well and is located on the roof, nice and clean as well as warm.

The location on the Riverwalk was fabulous, walk out the door and you are literally on the Riverwalk. There was really no need for a car here. Plenty to do within walking distance. If I visit San Antonio again, I will be staying here!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank allaboutthefamily
Tampa, fl
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My sisters and i wanted to do mental get away from the everyday. I found this place on Tripadvisor, which I am glad I did!! The staff was very pleasant and courtesy. The hotel was an old building along the river walk, Clean, and I just loved the decor!!! They offer free breakfast, late afternoon drinks, and dinner. The breakfast was good and dinner was fine.
The staff which I call the 800 number was great! They help me out and answer all my questions. Such great people which talked to me, they even help me save some money!!!!!
Yes I will go back!!! We all had a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the riverfront!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I visited over Thanksgiving to watch the River Walk Xmas boat parade.
The hotel is nicely remodeled and has a great location on the River Walk. Great free breakfast and a nice happy hour that includes food. Enough food you may not need dinner. Lots to see in San Antonio and this is a great place to stay. Reasonable price, friendly staff. Nice rooms , Great beds and very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is one of my most favorite hotels ever. Now I am not a super fancy pants so keep that in mind. I don't need the best of the best but I do want fun and I do want a nice place. I just love the people who work here. I love the location. I love the price. I love the amenities. They allow pets and don't charge extra for them or perhaps they didn't me since I am a member. I was not charged for parking either. Yes I actually became a member because I love this hotel so much. They have a roof top pool which is fun when you are vacationing. You literally take the elevator down the level R to go to the Riverwalk. This makes having cocktails on the river walk much easier because you just walk back to your hotel. They give you 3 free drinks every night you stay during happy hour. I just LOVE this hotel. So fun and such a great price for what you get.

Room Tip: I personally loved the rooms/suites that over look the river walk. They cost a bit more but it was b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daniellescurls
Hilvarenbeek, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The room was small but clean and comfortable and our balcony had very nice view of the Riverwalk. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the 5:30 kickback was excellent. Centrally located and close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again in this hotel when we come back to San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NinaRS39
DC
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

There are many signs that the Drury Riverwalk Inn and Suites hasn't been renovated in a couple decades - the decor, the colors, the carpet, but most of all the mounted shampoo/ conditioner/ soap dispenser in the bower. That was only popular for 2 days in 1987. But I like the Drury. It is perfectly located, the staff is absurdly friendly, and they don't nickel and dime you with Internet and breakfast charges. Another thing I love is that the windows really open -- I could opening window and let the fresh air and Riverwalk buzz into the room. It's not the Four Seasons, but won't pay those prices either.

• Stayed November 2013