Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #68 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Good, clean fun!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Our family of 4 stayed 2 nights to go to Fiesta Texas. The hotel was close to the park and had many restaurants close by. Staff was kind and helpful. Staff worked hard to keep the hotel clean with many kids enjoying the amenities. we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Garrison
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Love to stay at this hotel. It is so close to great shopping and Fiesta Texas. It is always clean and the beds are comfortable. The only con for this hotel is the amount of pets that are allowed.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pearland, TX
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites Near La Canter in San Antonio, TX on June 25th - 27th. This was our first time staying at this location... We chose it because we were going to do a Six Flags / Schillterbahn vacation rather than just a San Antonio stay. First off, I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised at how the property looked overall. It's a newer Drury and it is very nice. The main lobby area looked fancier than the hotel name suggest. The staff was really nice and very helpful. The room was alot bigger than your standard room. I requested and received the Six Flags view which was nice... In fact, I also requested the top floor which they accomodated me with which was nice considering my kids think staying on the top floor equates to the best... (It was nice, though.) I was especially impressed with the bathroom. Marble tile?!? I think, but it was the size of the bathroom that had me smiling. Alot larger than your average hotel bathroom. Even the toilet had its own section which was a room within a room, so to speak. Nice touch. Another thing that was very nice was the free parking garage. The hotel sits on top of the parking garage. Even though the hotel was packed... We still were able to get a parking space right next to the elevators. This was especially helpful for us considering the temperature was pushing the century mark each day. Nice to have a cooler car to get in without having to wait till it cools down the cabin. My only real gripe, which it wasn't bad, just could be alot better was there breakfast and "happy hour." For one thing, the food is extremely average. There is limited space to stand in line especially if it is busy and the food could stand to be alot more hot. For example, the happy hour consisted of hot dogs, nachos, baked potatoes and mac n cheese. The buns were cold, almost like they came out of the fridge. The weiners were barely lukewarm, the potatos did not appear to be fresh. It was ok, but not something that seem to fit the overall ambience of the hotel, especially since the hotel is so new. The breakfast was basically the same. Barely warm, running, scrambled eggs, sausage that needed to be heated more, again, just very average at best. This is the only reason why I can't give an excellent rating. However, this did not deter us from remarking how nice the overall stay was... We will definitely be back. Hopefully, their food preparation and choices will improve.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank taimgxe
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and our six year old son on a trip to Fiesta Texas. We missed the evening "snack" that they serve, but I understand from other reviews that it's enough to make a meal on. When we checked in at 8 pm, they had free popcorn and sodas in the lobby. Our room was huge--we stayed in a 2 queen bed room. I was expecting it to be smaller, so I was shocked when we walked in. There was plenty of space in the bathroom and everything was very clean and well-maintained. We also liked that they have a free parking garage! Breakfast was good, and they had a good variety--scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, toast, french toast, belgian waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, milk and coffee. We also used their indoor pool and hot tub. The pool was very clean and a nice size for us to play in. The hot tub was wonderful. We also liked how close the hotel was to Fiesta Texas--it took us about 5 minutes to get there once we got out of the park. We will definitely stay here again the next time we make a trip to this part of San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Clean close to The Rim, Fiesta Tx, La Cantera, Costco and lots of tasty restaurants! They offer free breakfast (which is not high quality), free popcorn to snack on ( which is mummy), and free dinner(finger food type dinner not sure how good bc we didn't have it but saw a picture and it looked ok). Free is always nice...free wifi free computer access and printing.

• Stayed July 2011
******
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The hotel was very nice with "garage" parking, excellent for the hot sun. Only reason I didn't give it an excellent value is only because I paid over $100 per night, of course, I have nothing to compare with in that area as this is my first trip there. My stay was very comfortable and the hotel is central to a lot of shops and restaurants (not within walking distance by any means). I will definitely stay there again.

My only complaint is that on the day of my checkout (which they were more than accommodate a request for a late checkout at 3:00 PM, THANKS), when I returned to the room, I found the maid cleaning the bathroom. So I knock on the door just to let her know I was there (nice lady), she went back to cleaning and never question if I was the guest of that room. I packed up all my belongings and left. Not a very secure practice as anyone cause of walk away with my stuff.

Room Tip: Park in the parking deck. Keep the car much cooler.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you for your feedback! Drury Hotels has very specific, written safety and security procedures for the protection of our guests and our team members. Every Drury team member is required to follow these practices/procedures. Room access should never be granted to anyone without proper identification being verified through our front desk or a member of our management team. We have reviewed this procedure with every member of our hotel team. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Very good person for the job, she helps with watever you need and is just a great person to be around. I would love to come back and visit anytime with a persone that works as hard as she does. :)

thanks, Christien