“Great hotel for the price”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #77 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here with our grandchildren for a quick get away to San Antonio. Rooms were very nice, staff was excellent!

Pool was heated, so nice for the kids to swim since it was cool outside. Hotel is in a great location close to Sea World, Fiesta texas and shopping. Lots of eateries around to choose from for late night meals.

The breakfast was wonderful. So many choices to choose from for the kids. I was very impressed with their service and overall experience. Would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Book Early they fill up fast!!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I used my GoldKey points, so I only had to pay for one night of my two-night stay. This Drury Inn and Suites is one of the nicest we have stayed in. The room, a king bed handicapped one, was very spacious--the bathroom was huge. Parking was convenient with an elevator that went right to the room floors. The complimentary breakfast was substantial--it had scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, yogurt, donuts, and several kinds of cold cereal along with juices, coffee, and milk. The breakfast area was huge unlike some where you have to fight for a table. The only negative we experienced was a lack of housekeeping services the second day. We had gone to Six Flags for the day, and when we got back to the room at around 4:00 P.M., the room had not been serviced. I called down to the front desk and had towels brought up so that we could take showers before dinner. When we checked out, I told the person at the front desk about the issue, and she stated that some rooms were not serviced until 5:30 P.M., which is late in the day for someone who needs to take a shower. She asked if there was anything she could do, but we were checking out. Other than that, everything was great, and we would certainly stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Great location if you are going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is our first time to stay in a Drury Inn. We are not disappointed! The rooms are very nice and roomy. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Lots to choose from. Waffles, eggs, sausage and bacon. Steel cut oatmeal, etc. It was all any of us needed.

The kickback in the evenings is great. From 5:30 to 7pm, 3 free cocktails each and popcorn and hotdogs, etc. Was perfect. The folks that work here could not be nicer! They are great!

We will be coming back for sure!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I love the Drury Inn chains. You can't beat the free breakfast and evening kickback but a little more variety would be nice. During Spring Break week, we stayed here and at the Drury Inn in Austin. I have to stay the older hotel in Austin was better regarding the noise and crowd. This Drury seemed to have paper thin walls because we literary heard noise all night. We could even hear the people in the next room talking and they were not yelling. My kids didn't sleep well the entire stay. They were in the front part of our 2 bedrooms. We had to crank the AC down to keep the motor on and drown out some of the noise in the back part of the room. I have stayed at this location before in August and can honestly say, I will not stay there again during Spring Break.

The hotel staff was very nice and they all earned their paycheck this week. I saw the manager, Tracy, helping out everywhere and always with a smile. The staff was a big plus.

• Stayed: March 2013
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

We're so glad that you love our chain of hotels and appreciate your business very much. Spring Break is the busiest week of the year for our hotel. Many families come to San Antonio during that time to experience the wonderful attractions we have in our city. As a result, there is a lot more activity in the hotel. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Tracy Thomas
Drury Inn & Suites near La Cantera Parkway

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This hotel was awesome! I definitely plan on booking at Drury anytime I book another room. We booked here for 4 days Spring Break. From the moment we checked in til check out, the staff was so nice and amazing. The breakfast was great. The kickback at 5:30 could very well be considered a dinner. The three free drinks a night were much needed. Every evening when we came back to our room, it was spotless and ready for us. I have had bad experiences in hotels before, so I was a little apprehensive and paranoid at first. Drury has reestablished my faith in hotel chains. I highly recommend you stay here! The first night, there were kids in the hall making alot of noise around midnight, we called downstairs and they took care of it right away. I never heard any other racket. Our sleep was peaceful, and the room was relaxing. Loved this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 15 times. I chose this hotel mainly because it was dog friendly but ended up liking many other things. For one, they have a gated parking garage with valet carts so it makes it easy to load up and go to your room. They also have a happy hour and a free full breakfast. There is also a park/jogging/bicycle trail right outside which makes it convenient to walk the dogs in the morning. The rooms are very, very nice and the staff is very friendly. Also, you can earn free nights by signing up for their rewards card.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

If security means anything to you, DO NOT STAY HERE!. Cars are broken into on a regular basis, and the hotel offers little in the way of security measures to stop this. Rather, a card is placed in the room stating that there is a good chance of a break-in, and therefore you should remove anything you don't want stolen. Believe me, after your car is broken into, the card provides little comfort. Again, when in San Antonio, TX, choose another place to stay!

Room Tip: My tip: avoid this place!
Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

We certainly do appreciate you staying with our Drury family of hotels and are sorry to hear about your vehicle. We take several precautions to deter crime at our hotels. We are one of the few hotels in the area with an actual gated parking garage where your guest key is needed for access, although we don’t believe you were parked in that area. Also guest keys are needed for access to our hotel as an added security as with most of our locations. We hope to have an opportunity to earn your business in the future.