“Another first class hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #67 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Pueblo, Colorado
“Another first class hotel”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Couldn't believe our luck that this was the 2nd first class hotel on our 2 week trip. It's a little tricky getting to it but we'll worth the effort. They have a parking.garage below the rooms which keep your car dry from the elements. Nice lobby with efficient friendly check-in staff. The rooms are very large, very comfortable, very clean and quiet. Tracy (I assume the supervisor) was very gracious and greeted customers at "kick back" offering assistance at any time. Lots of choices at kick back and breakfast was fresh tasting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was in San Antonio on university business so I chose the Drury Inn and Suites near UT San Antonio. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled in to see it was an attractive new facility.

I was greeted by competent staff and found my room to be clean and appropriately appointed. The facility has a multistory parking garage and their are no additional fees for parking.

The breakfast had a good selection and exceeded my expectations for a free meal.

Room Tip: The access from the freeway is tricky… watch the signs carefully
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

exceeded expectations. super brunch and happy hour. big, clean rooms with comfy beds. good shower pressure. super staff. great location. great parking set up. I joined their golden key club after this visit because I will definitely stay at a Drury inn again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vmpeter08
Alice, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have always stayed at Drury hotels in San Antonio. This was my second stay at this Drury. I was very disappointed with housekeeping. I realized when we got home that my baby's light up pillow pet was left behind at the hotel. I was told by manager and staff that housekeeping didn't recover any left behind items. I explained that I was 100% certain that it was left there but was told by the manager that the housekeeper wouldn't lie about whether an item was left behind. I explained to him that it wasn't about the value of the pillow but the moral of it and the reflection of their employees. I even contacted customer service and was told that every effort had been exhausted to find my pillow but IF the item was found at a later date I would be contacted. Really, if it wasn't there now according to the housekeeper why would it be found later. Sad to know that housekeepers cannot be trusted and management doesn't value the customer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2013

San Antonio is getting a big reputation as a city to not park your car in. A lot of cars are broken into at hotels. The Drury parking lot is more secure than some I've visited. I liked the location of the hotel right at a NS/EW crossroads. Easy access in both directions. Rooms were clean, towels were NOT threadbare. Someone in a north side room was complaining about traffic noise. I had a south facing room looking over the UTSA campus and had zero road noise. I'd ask for a South facing room.. Better view I think too. West end corner rooms might have a better view but with more road noise. Room was quite reasonable price wise, good value. They have one of the best breakfast spreads I've seen in years. There are evening gatherings with free beverages too ( I did not attend one of these).

Room Tip: I liked the south side rooms. Folks on the north side complained about poor view and road noise (10t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Arlon M
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed one night at the Drury Inn near Fiesta Texas. The rooms were nice. Very spacious, but there were some housekeeping issues. There was used soap in the shower, no wrapped soap at the sink, and the bathroom floor had not been swept adequately. If these issues had been resolved we would have been overall satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chris P
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent place. Great service great place to stay. Outstanding free breakfast and dinner. All free. Super clean and indoor secured parking. Everything is secured. Indoor pool. Close to fiesta texas. View to fiesta texas availsble. Low rates and earn points for free nights. Im in love with this place. Please go. No regrets. Free drinks also. Tip the girl and she will add extra shots to your drinks.

• Stayed July 2013