Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway
Ranked #72 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Charleston, South Carolina
“Very Happy”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Check in was a breeze. Hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and parking was safe and easy. The rooms were larger than expected, very quiet and well-appointed. Getting around this area of San Antonio is not user-friendly, but very grateful for the location of the hotel - plenty of places to eat, things to do, shopping, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kamfam5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went to the Six flags during the first week of July. The park was very crowded and so was the hotel. The breakfast was ok and the service was friendly. The rooms were clean and fine too. Its proximity to Six flags is a huge bonus to stay here in my personal opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed at this Inn for three business weeks in November. It looks like a new or recently built facility. They have an attractive lobby, excellent rooms, ample free indoor parking, lots of luggage carts, free breakfast, free after work buffet with three free alcholic drinks per night. There is also a nice guest laundry room and a small computer/printer area for guests. Their indoor pool is very attractive but the water was too cold. The hot tub is nice and they have a good work out room. Their elevators are well designed in that each floor has its own enclosed lobby to minimize sound.

They do not have their own restaurant or bar but there is an Appleby's attached to the building.
For those who run, there are seven miles of paved paths through the woods behind the hotel.

Their food is ample but boring. Breakfast included cereals, waffles, donuts, substandard pastries, sausage, biscuits and gravy...every day...no change in the menu...not even different muffins.
Their happy hour buffet was also the same every day---hot dogs, baked potatoes, salad, chips, pretzels, veggie sticks.

Their business center consists of two computers and a printer. The chairs here are also too low to sit in to comfortably use the computers (possibly to discourage long term use).

I stayed in king bed rooms facing the running paths behind the hotel. It was quieter than facing the highway at the front of the building. The bedroom desk would have been nice to use if the chair hadn't been way too low to sit in comfortably. I wish they had laptop desks like the Hampton Inns do. The bathrooms are very large, well lit, and very clean. They also provide shampoo, conditioner, and body wash from three dispensers in the bath.

Their rooms have outstanding temperature and fan controls You can regulate the temperature and the fan level. It was the quietest HVAC I ever encountered in a hotel room. Their phone system has a nice automated wake up feature that allows you to program your wake up time for the whole stay.

The cleaning of my rooms left something to be desired. After checking out the first time, I left a book in the room and called them later in the day but they could not find the book and did not offer to replace it. The second room I stayed in had the shower curtain hung incorrectly and I had to leave a note to get it fixed. The third room I had did not have any soap in it and, when I was packing, I found two mismatched socks and a pen on the floor near my bed. So much for vacuuming! I took the items down and gave them to the general manager who was profusely apologetic but did not comp me anything.

However, I would stay here again because they get the major things right and offer excellent value at a great price. It was my first stay at a Drury Inn and I will stay with the chain again in other cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a quietly located room facing the running paths in the woods. The hotel is quiet during the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your feedback to improve our product and services. I want to let you know that the housekeeping issues you experienced have been discussed with our housekeeping team. Also, you will be happy to learn that Drury is always looking to improve and change their breakfast and kickback menus...currently testing several options for breakfast in order to provide a varied menu from day to day. I'm sorry that you did not get to experience our kickback options. We do offer the items you listed on a daily basis, however the other options we provide change at least every other day. We offer macaroni and cheese, chicken tenders, pasta and meatballs, chili, and a variety of soups on a rotating basis.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and your business. I am so glad that you will stay with us when your travels bring you to San Antonio, Texas again!

Rebecca S.
Drury Inn & Suites near La Canterra Parkway
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Couldn't believe our luck that this was the 2nd first class hotel on our 2 week trip. It's a little tricky getting to it but we'll worth the effort. They have a parking.garage below the rooms which keep your car dry from the elements. Nice lobby with efficient friendly check-in staff. The rooms are very large, very comfortable, very clean and quiet. Tracy (I assume the supervisor) was very gracious and greeted customers at "kick back" offering assistance at any time. Lots of choices at kick back and breakfast was fresh tasting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james s
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was in San Antonio on university business so I chose the Drury Inn and Suites near UT San Antonio. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled in to see it was an attractive new facility.

I was greeted by competent staff and found my room to be clean and appropriately appointed. The facility has a multistory parking garage and their are no additional fees for parking.

The breakfast had a good selection and exceeded my expectations for a free meal.

Room Tip: The access from the freeway is tricky… watch the signs carefully
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

exceeded expectations. super brunch and happy hour. big, clean rooms with comfy beds. good shower pressure. super staff. great location. great parking set up. I joined their golden key club after this visit because I will definitely stay at a Drury inn again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vmpeter08
Alice, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have always stayed at Drury hotels in San Antonio. This was my second stay at this Drury. I was very disappointed with housekeeping. I realized when we got home that my baby's light up pillow pet was left behind at the hotel. I was told by manager and staff that housekeeping didn't recover any left behind items. I explained that I was 100% certain that it was left there but was told by the manager that the housekeeper wouldn't lie about whether an item was left behind. I explained to him that it wasn't about the value of the pillow but the moral of it and the reflection of their employees. I even contacted customer service and was told that every effort had been exhausted to find my pillow but IF the item was found at a later date I would be contacted. Really, if it wasn't there now according to the housekeeper why would it be found later. Sad to know that housekeepers cannot be trusted and management doesn't value the customer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family