See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2008

Of the four rooms we had over the course of four days, we had two rooms that constantly had problems. Not only did the rooms have problems we had several other problems in the following areas.
Bedding- In both rooms we put our dirty sheets in the tubs and they were put back on the beds. Not only, were they put back on the beds they were also wet. One of the rooms also had only one sheet on their bed.
Meals- When we came down for our complementary breakfast they found it to have very little variety of food to eat and all the beverages were watered down. Some of us were forced to purchase breakfast as the breakfast at the hotel was not replenished when the food was eaten.
Customer service- We had to aggressively request the manager to change the sheets in two rooms. While he was changing the sheets in the second room he kept nagging about having to change the sheets in the room before. The manager was very rude and un-cooperative when asked to change the sheets. He also expected us to change the sheets ourselves.
Bathrooms- In one of our bathrooms there was mold growing in the dap of the tub. Also the refrigerator was dirty when we went to put food in it.
Check-out- On the last day, we couldn’t find the manager/cashier to checkout. We went to the office, we called the office, not only us, there were multiple customers who where looking for him. We yelled, rang the bell, and when we finally knocked on the privacy door, the manager finally came out. This whole fiasco took about 45 minutes. When he finally came out we asked for the manager’s card and the card he gave us was an old manager’s card who no longer worked there.
Complaints to choice hotels- Not only did we complain to the manager we complained to The Choice Hotels Corporation and all we received was a 10% discount for all four of our rooms for one night only.
Overall we really didn’t have a good time at this hotel like we wanted. When we looked up this hotel online we saw several good reviews, but if we were to give this hotel a review some of us would give it no stars when some of us would have given it negative stars.

Date of stay: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 1 November 2007

We stayed because we wanted to be close to the AFB for my husband's graduation. The hotel is not nearly as bad as all these reviews! The hotel is cheap and the service is WONDERFUL!! They were so helpful!! When we needed towels, directions, recomendations for places to eat, they were right there. The breakfast in the morning is free and has muffins, cereal, and a waffle maker in the shape if Texas (I thought it was neat). The pool was clean and felt great after a long day of runing around base. They have a laundry room which is closes late at night but, the man at the desk was nice enough to let us in and help us out. They have a computer for you to use and coffee in the lobby which is available 24/7. Also, it is close to San Antonio and literally like 4 minutes away from Lackland AFB. I think all these negative reviews are way to exagerated and if you are worried about the color of paint? or stupid things like that, then stay at the Holiday inn. This is a great little hotel and the price cannot be beat! I highly recommend it!

Date of stay: October 2007
1  Thank AWilson1108
Reviewed 26 June 2007

This hotel is not nearly as bad as the reviews I read.
It is old and badly in need of modernizing but the rooms are large and clean.The bathrooms are the biggist issue.The beds were confortable. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We had a couple of issues when we first checked in but they were corrected within the first hour after we arrived. We had three rooms, two close to the front and one in the back of the property. The ground around the hotel is clean and seemed perfectly safe to me.The breakfast area is a little bit cramped. For the price I think this hotel is a good deal.

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Lady_Dallas
Reviewed 21 June 2006

This hotel was just awful it was very dirty and the staff charged me more when I got there than what I was originally quoted. It is close to Lackland if that is why you are going. I really don't reccommend it. The pool is so small that in the Texas heat it warms up so much that it's like bath water. The staff wasn't very friendly at all.

Date of stay: May 2002
1  Thank JamiP3
Reviewed 25 February 2006

fEB. 25, 2006

Sir:
I use no profanity or threats. I do not care
weather you print this or not. I just want to let you
know that the Roadway Inn, 6500 Old Highway 90 West in
San Antonio Texas is the worst place I have stayed in
in my sixty years of traveling.
The sheets and blankets had large Cigg. burn holes in them. The fixtures in the bathroom were fall-
ing out, the toilets had not been cleaned, there was
a huge wet spot on the floor that could of only come
from broken pipes underneath.
My son and his wife and grand son had to ask for
another room because the smell in the first one. They
were promised a micro wave and a refrigator, which
they were not given.
This motel is on a list recommended for Air Force
families. I have no special (PULL) but any one within
my voice will know about this place. Especially the
families of young men who are graduating basic train-
ing. We were registered there on Feb. 16th., and 17th.

Mrs. Dolores Burton