“Love making memories at this fine establishment”

Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 4,673 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Stone Oak
Cross street: N 1604 East
Description: Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio, Est. 2007, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily chef features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy our lounge while partaking in a hand crafted cocktail, premium spirit or a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Sam Miller.
“Love making memories at this fine establishment”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I love dining at Kirby's. Its a great experience with wonderful food. There has never been a bad meal served to me or any of my guests. From the tender steaks to the perfectly cooked salmon or lobster. I've enjoyed ever bite. We've been on many birthday celebrations there where they give the birthday guest a $20 gift coupon for their next visit. It's worth having a celebration there. Love it all.

San Antonio, Texas
“sa-culinaria experience”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We ate here a few years ago and were not impressed with our meal. I don't remember exactly why but I think it had to do with our beef entrée. This is restaurant week in San Antonio and many restaurants are offering 3 course meals for a fixed price of $35/person. Since they are near where we live and the special menu looked appetizing we decided to give them another try. Glad we did! We each selected the wild boar sausage as an appetizer from the limited menu. My wife selected the filet with hollandaise crab sauce and I the veal ladybird for our entrees. They were served with Kirby's mashed potatoes, veggies, and mushrooms on the side. It was all excellent but then came the good part. I had crème broule and my wife ordered the chocolate spice cake. They were both KICK [--]. (to die for). The atmosphere is quiet and romantic and the service was great. We'll be back.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Perfect Experiance”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Best Dinner ever had in San Antonio,I was greeted as I drove up to the front door by complementry Vallet, then by a friendly host stand. Our table was not ready so we went to the Bar area where they had an Awesome Band with a Great singer Named Melina. Great Drinks and the Bartender had some Great recomendations for dinner. WE were then escorted to our table for dinner, Well worth the Higher than avg price for dinner. I had the Hickory smoked Fillet and Loved it, my wife the Lamb chops, Great sides, we will difinately be back and would recomend it especally for a special ocasion.

• Visited August 2013
KirbysSteakhouseSA, Manager at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Michael, thank you so much for your review! We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself! Look forward to seeing you in again soon and if there is anything with can help with in the meantime please don't hesitate!
Nashvilla
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey but Worth It!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was visiting family in San Antonio, and we were looking for a good place to go to for dinner. I decided on Kirby’s. Yes, it was pricey but it was well worth it. The steak was cooked to perfection (nice when cooks know the difference between rare and medium rare) and my family raved about the lobster tails. But the piece de resistance was the Maryland Crab Stack. Being from Maryland originally it is nice to see actual fresh crab in a crab cake. We also enjoyed the live music which they have every weekend.

• Visited July 2013
KirbysSteakhouseSA, Owner at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Julie, we are so glad you and your family joined us for an evening out. Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your review. We are glad you enjoyed the steak and lobster and also the Maryland Crab Stack! We hope you will visit again the next time you are in town.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Wow! Had My Birthday Meal Here!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Perfectly cooked Filet Mignon. My wife called the steak and lobster, "the best I've ever had."

It is expensive, but you get what you pay for....Great food and fantastic service.

Visited July 2013
KirbysSteakhouseSA, Manager at Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Happy Birthday! We are glad to hear you and your wife choose Kirby’s to celebrate. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. We hope that you will visit us again to celebrate your next special occasion!