“Amazing service, avg food”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,626 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Inside Loop 1604 at Huebner Rd.
“Amazing service, avg food”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for our 1yr anniversary. When we got there they had rose petals and a happy anniversary card that they wrote a very nice little message. Our sever was well versed in the menu. Was very pleased with everyone there. The food was avg my wife had the filet mignon w/crab meat and a holidaness sauce and I had the daily chef fish dish of parmesan crusted halibut with lobster and some sauce. Steak was cooked correct and was good but the sauce is what made it and the steak was second to that, then the Halibut was slightly over cook but still tasted ok and the sauce that came with the fish was very good. My problem is that the main part of the meal was not the high point of the meal and the fish was over cooked. We also had a crab cake witch was amazing btw. I would probably eat else were next time we are down to San Antonio. Over all I was not Unhappy there was just nothing that wow'ed me to come back for the price.

2 Thank josephpurvis

Midland, Texas
“On the radar for next time. Loved it.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were seated quickly (afternoon) served attentively. Meals were delightful. As a coffee hound, I had to ask what coffee they served - it is superb. Fonte' Micro Coffee Roaster of Seattle. I am unaware which blend, but will be exploring some of their online offerings. In the meantime, our selections were prepared well, according to our requests - I like my Tuna steak prepared a bit more cooked than the recommendation. No argument on my request, as I have experienced before from other locations who are convinced that my tastes are in need of an education. They politely offered, when I first ordered that the chef suggests rare - I chose the high side of medium. That's my preference. They submitted and provided that request with no tacit disapproval. The various ingredients for the preparation, and for the sides, were all quality components, well prepared and pleasingly presented. All in all, everything that will call me back in place and operating smoothly.

Visited March 2014
Georgia
“First class”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lived up to its TA reputation in all respects. Our 3 entrees,Gulf shrimp, Redfish, and crab and shrimp salad were well prepared and presented. Excellent wine list.
Only glitch was the low lighting at our booth. Needed flashlight app to read the menu, but it was well worth it,

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank finder45
San Antonio TX
“You will not leave hungry”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Food, service and atmosphere excellent. Be aware you will leave stuffed as the portions are huge. Plan on sharing. Best seafood in San Antonio.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank pickySanAntonioTX
Dallas, Texas
“Stunningly good seafood for San Antonio”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I took a risk by taking a client from Seattle to a San Antonio seafood restaurant. However, Wildfish was well recommended and was almost a perfect dining experience. My White Gulf Shrimp was extraordinary and the Crab Fried Rice was the perfect accompaniment. Others enjoyed the Redfish and the Swordfish. My only complaint was getting a poor cut of heirloom tomato, that was not edible and shouldn't have come out of the kitchen. Otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Visited April 2014