“Disappointing”
Review of Burgerteca

Burgerteca
Ranked #776 of 4,937 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we were traveling with someone that had gone to a Burgerteca in Houston and really enjoyed it. The wait staff was very good, and quick, but the restaurant was dirty, one of the menus we were given was obviously on the floor as there was a foot print on it from someones shoes. The burger was good, but the fries were rather greasy and bland. The restrooms were also a mess with towels everywhere, except the bin.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped in this place for a meal before a concert. This place is billed as Mexican/burger fusion, and that’s pretty much what it is. I had the Oaxaca, which is a burger with avocado and mole sauce. Tasty sauce, with just enough smokiness and rich flavor. I sorta should have used a knife and fork. My husband had a regular American burger. The side salads were pretty good. We were surprised that the burger seemed to have been a mass-produced patty rather than a hand-made patty, but it seemed to be decent meat.

The place was larger than it looked from the street but it was noisy with just a few patrons in there. I can’t imagine how loud it would be full. Bright decor, with tree trunks for stools and outdoor seating. Though there’s street parking, there’s also a structure just a block or so away.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We found Burgerteca while on our morning walk from Downtown and had no idea how great of a restaurant we stumbled upon. The Al Pastor burger was hands-down one of the best, if not THE BEST, hamburger I have ever had. The Chef (not cook, repeat, Chef) came to our table to make sure everything was to our satisfaction and our server was fantastic as well. My wife enjoyed the house-made veggie burger after a suggestion by our server (and she is not a vegetarian) and she said if all vegetarian meals tasted as good as this one, she would be one! Definitely give it a try!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Have visited twice now Johnny Hernandez’s burger joint, Burgerteca. Both times the service and the meal has been outstanding! The chiliquila burger was out of this world along with the chili con queso fries. We topped off the meal with the ice cream nachos. In my opinion, they are not to be missed! In fact, maybe eat dessert first!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I read an article in the paper about Burgeteca that well, lets just say (very low score). We dine at all of Chef Hernandez locations (La Gloria Pearl, The Fruteria, el machito when it was open) and was shocked at the score the food writer gave Burgeteca! A 0......
My wife and I have eaten here twice now..... and both times excellent. We are not sure if this was a personal thing against the Chef, but I can tell you from living downtown on and around the River Walk, we have had some bad experiences..... but NEVER at any location a 0. With that said, we will be repeat customers and also we have shared the love for this location with our downtown peeps. If you read the 0 review, toss in in the garbage and or use it to help start a fire..... Just not the case! We have leaned on the Chef in the pass about his portion sizes (I think a bit small) and I get it - tapa style...(I'm from Spain I get it)... But at this location - NICE PORTIONS!!! Thx Chef

PS our second visit was a Social Group from San Antonio Thirsty Thursdays San Antonio ...... 15 folks. All great feed back from the group. When we visit local establishments - we give them HONEST FEED BACK to help the GM/owners.