“Excellent Italian food just north of downtown San Antonio!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tre Trattoria

Tre Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Tre Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Houston, TX
“Excellent Italian food just north of downtown San Antonio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Excellent Italian food just north of downtown San Antonio!

Based on Yelp reviews of Italian restaurants in San Antonio, we decided to give this place a try. We started with two glasses of the Ruffino Chianti Superiore. It's really a glass and a half. This light red wine goes very well with just about any meat dish you order. Very smooth.

My wife had a traditional caeser salad and I had the vinagrette salad for appetizers. Both were good, nothing special. Salad was nice and fresh.

We both had the Parpadelle Bolognese for our main entree and it was very good. Extra large pasta topped with a season mixture of beef, pork and veal. Very good

For dessert, we each had a Green Apple Crostada. Oh my Lord, this was good! One of the best baked pastries we've had in a LONG time. You can really tell they use fresh fruit and spices. Absolutely delicious. We will be back

• Visited August 2013

San Antonio
“Great Service - But...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were celebrating our 48th Wedding Anniversary and have always had excellent meals and service at Jason Dady's restaurants, which include Tre Trattoria in Alamo Heights. We noticed that the restaurant was quite warm and noted it to our outstanding waiter, Eric. He brought a fan near our table, but that only moved already warm air. At the end of the dinner we all had water running down our backs. Our dinners were quite good except for the "Crispy Trout" which my wife ordered (our daughter was in town from Seattle so she joined us). My wife noted that, after tasting the Trout, "her taste buds were really jumping". I tasted the Trout and it was totally over salted plus the pesto or whatever other seasoning that was on the fish was just plain bad. My daughter had the Sea Bass and i had the Parmesan Chicken - both were excellent. Eric provided outstanding service!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Wonderful vegetables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I wouldn't normally just order vegetables, but today at lunch a group of us did. They were different, and delicious. I especially loved the beets. The bread was excellent and the dipping oil was unusually good. They had a meatball panini that was tempting. They also have a Sunday brunch that I want to try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Italian in the Middle of 50 Mexican Food restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I took several of my employees here for dinner while at a meeting. The specailty drinks were very good. The "Refresher" was a hit with the ladies and the husbands enjoyed the margarita, martini's and Tequela. We had the pulled to order Mozzarella. Awesome. Make sure to ask for extra toast up front, it will go fast. We also shared a spicy Peperoncini pizza. Great choice as well. The other dishes share were the mussel's, Tagliatelle and mushroom pasta, polenta and brussels sprouts. All delicious and all gone! Had to have dessert! Nutella X3 and the Ricotta cake was a great way to finish the night. I would recommend this place anytime you are in San Antonio and are tired of Mexican food.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Leave the Riverwalk for a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

It's walking distance from the Riverwalk, but miles away in terms of ambience, quality, and service.

We had an excellent meal: split a salad and pasta dish (great bolegnese). Each had a separate entre: pan seared salmon for her - very good. Pan fried pork chop for me - excellent. The crostini for desert was a great finish. Good bottle of wine for $37. Great food, great value, nice server. Try it!

• Visited May 2013