“Modern & Affordable Stay”

Aloft San Antonio Airport
Ranked #149 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We travel to San Antonio pretty frequently for concerts at Cowboys Dancehall and Aloft is our go-to hotel while in town. Very affordable (always under $100), clean, no frills, and close to the venue. Check-in is quick and efficient. Parking is free and in a covered garage behind the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance, as well as a Target to pick up any items you may have forgotten to pack.

The only strange thing is the lack of an ice machine on each floor. If you need ice, you must visit the bar or front desk downstairs and ask them to fill up your bucket. This isn't really a complaint - just an odd setup I noticed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is my second stay at an Aloft hotel, and the room design and overall feel of ths brand is unique and I think takes some getting used to. The rooms appear to be identical between locations, and you could almost forget what city you are in because the room design is so similar to other Aloft hotels. I am not a huge fan of the room concept of separating the bathroom area from the sleeping area with just a wall. I can't put my finger on what bugs me about this arrangement, but it's strange. I also DO NOT like the Aloft's poilcy of having no ice machine on any floor. You have to bring your ice bucket from the room ask at the front desk for ice, and then the attendant retrieves the ice. At another Aloft, they kept plastic bags of ice in the refrigerator in the "general store" area. I liked the bar area near the check-in desk, and the fact that they have a pool table in this area. There is no in-house restaurant, but there is a huge mall within walking distance and there are several eateries and a Cheesecake Factory in that mall. The hotel's exercise facility is small but adequate: I think there were two treadmills, two ellipticals, one bike, and some free weights.

There is free WiFi, which is quite a change from other Starwood properties (e.g. Westin). Overall, this hotel was fine, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear DavidBradley,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our hotel with us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed there for 2nights in October. At my arrival, I been served quickly and the girl at the front desk took time to explain me all the concept of Aloft. I had a room on the highest level in the corner. It was really quiet and the room was what I expect from that price range. I will definitly recommend it. The only thing I can complain about is that elevators are a bit slow.. Free parking, free breakfast (They give you 10$ vouchers for every day).

Room Tip: Ask on the highest floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Philippe P,
We're glad to hear you found our hotel to be charming and comfortable during your stay. thanks for sharing and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in October. Front desk was ALWAYS HELPFUL(Joseph)! Great lounge area all over front of hotel. Heated pool outside with a fire pit gives a great modern atmosphere. SPG members get points to help environment with using same towels and sheets! Great for weekend stays. Close to Airport, and the Northstar mall! 17 min drive to river center mall, Alamo area. All kinds things to eat and do in shopping center where Hotel is at. Easy acces to freeway!Would I stay here again....Yes I would...Great Stay for the money! GO TEXANS! AND SPG! #ALOFT

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Tejano281
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Tejano281,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Aloft San Antonio Airport and was a bit disappointed. The overall design concept feels good but facility wise; it’s not what you would expect from this relatively new brand from Starwood. I had a room on the 2nd floor very close to the elevators and there was a constant noise coming from the hallway. I guess it was from the HVAC equipment, could not sleep half of the night. The room was ok, but construction wise needs improvement. If you are planning to stay here with children, don´t bother. This hotel is more suited for couples / business travelers. Front service was good, no complaints there.

Room Tip: Don´t stay in room 232
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at the Aloft location in San Antonio for a weekend in June 2013 and had a great experience. The hotel has a kind of laid back modern feel to it which isn't my normal choice, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The decor definitely has the feel of loft living, so if you like that you will love this place. There is a pool table in the lobby next to the bar and it was all nice and open which gave it a good feel. The thing that really impressed me about my stay though was the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff. Anytime we had a question or needed anything they were always willing and enthusiastic about helping. The van driver even took us downtown to the Riverwalk as well as the botanical gardens and came back and picked us up at no charge. This was above and beyond what the hotel shuttle will normally do for you since both locations were well beyond their normal service range, but since they weren't overly busy they were glad to help us out which saved us from having to rent a car or get a tax. We naturally tipped the drivers, but it still saved us a significant amount of money. If you are planning a trip to San Antonio and don't feel the need to stay downtown I'd definitely recommend Aloft.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear yellowjacket22,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and share your positive feedback. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I've stayed at several Starwood properties but I've never been to an Aloft property. For my recent trip to San Antonio, I decided to try it and I was glad I did. The feel was very modern and relaxing. The check-in was smooth and had no problem. The front desk clerk was was friendly (no name tag) and explained all the amenities offered. The room was clean and pleasing. TV signal went out on a few channels and had ants near the desk. Issues were resolved once the front desk was notified. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jesse956,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback of your recent stay with us. We value you loyalty as an SPG member and it's always great to hear you tried out our hotel for the first time and loved the experience. Please come back and see us soon!