“Cannot book online to save $30 if you try to check in at 2:30am...ie after a night out!”

Aloft San Antonio Airport
Ranked #143 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We liked the hotel, we are upset because we needed a hotel to stay after a night out so we did not have to drive. The rate online was over $30 cheaper. We went to the desk & she said we have to go online to get rate.This was about 2:30am on 1/11, the website would not let us select 1/10 for check-in. It only had 1/11. We were forced to pay $30 more for only a 7hr stay. Manager said she would try to accommodate us. I have not heard from her since that morning but sent a email today.

• Stayed: January 2014
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear downtown1979,

Thank you for your stay and for your feedback.

With regard to the price difference, the Front Desk Agent was correct in informing you that we are unable to match the online rate.

I spoke with the Front Desk Manager and she confirmed that your account was credited the SPG points that she had mentioned to you and sent you a confirmation email on Friday, January 31. You are able to book using your points directly by contacting the SPG Desk at 888.625.4953. Please let me know if your are need any further assistance.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very clean and very modern. They attract a younger crowd it seemed. The modern décor was a different touch. Loved the full size walk in shower with rain shower head.

The young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

The only thing I didn't like was the wall mounted tv and work station was very small. But that's nothing.

Several places to eat within walking distance and my wife would not forgive me if I didn't mention all the shopping near by.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Easy to find. Near the airport. Several places near by for dinner or a quick bite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Tracy F,

Thank you sharing our feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the hotel decor and our location. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'd heard the Aloft chain was very pet-friendly, so I decided to give it a try on this year's family trip. The rumors were totally true! The Aloft was very nice! The decor was ultra modern and very hip. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and they even managed to give us two rooms next to each other with connecting doors.

I loved how the rooms used every inch of available space. Even though the room was small, we had plenty of room for suitcases and other items. Also, the towels were soft and fluffy, and there was a fridge in the room, too.

My only criticisms were that the bed was pretty hard. I'm attributing this to the lack of a box spring under the mattress. Also, the carpet in front of the door, and the grout in the bathroom tiles was beginning to show some wear and dirt. Honestly, though, this was really minor. Otherwise, the rooms as clean.

We will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi ChristieP,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you and pet. We are thrilled you enjoyed your room and amenities. I do apologize that the bed was not to your liking and we will work on the bathroom issues you mentioned. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here for two days and enjoyed my stay. Comfortable rooms. Clean. Great staff that were always welcoming. The breakfast was good and easy to grab "n" go. The Egg and I is just across the street if you want a big breakfast. Eggs 3 million ways. Very nice. Lots of restaurants around. Easy access to highway. I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback of our hotel with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. One room was perfect but our other room did not have hot water for shower. We had to go to other room we booked to take shower but they did move us the next morning (since all rooms were full) to a room with hot water. They added 4,000 points to my card - which I didn't even ask for. The rooms are very clean though! They don't have your free continental breakfast ....that kind of stinks but Great customer service!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Although the hotel was located next to an inactive mall, there's still a lot happening in the area and decent breakfast restaurant nearby (The Egg and I). Also close by was a well reviewed mexican food restaurant. We tried to walk to the latter, but that was impossible. Unless you're on the River Walk, I guess you have to use your car in San Antonio. The room was interesting, sleek and bare. My only complaints were the bathroom was not soundproofed at all and the sliding door was difficult to control. I liked the style of the room though and it was clean. We noted the same thing as another reviewer that the same person was on duty the next morning. Maybe they work a 12 or 18 hour shift. Are labor laws different in Texas?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear sister1950,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our hotel with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed and appreciated the unique design and features of our Aloft hotel and hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Rooms were very clean. We got a pool view and it was awesome in the night time with a fire place in the center and surrounding it were people mingling. Nice bar, pool table also available. Overall pleasant experience, mainly because of cleanliness and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear arun s,
We appreciate your positive feedback about our Aloft based on your recent stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.