“Clean and modern” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft San Antonio Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aloft San Antonio Airport
Ranked #165 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Diego, California
“Clean and modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights in a row. I found the hotel to be very clean, the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful, and the hotel is located near a big mall and a Target which is convenient. My room was spotless. Only negative would be that the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the room next door.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Kevin K, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Patrick C,

Thanks so much for staying with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and will definitely pass along your comments regarding the thinness of the walls.

Take care, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

On arrival we found the bar to be closed for maintenance which was a large disappointment but somewhat understandable things need to be maintained but notice would have been nice. Upon moving up to our room we discovered a large yellow wet spot in the center of our bed not visible from the outside indicating that the housekeeping does not change the sheets between guests just remakes the bed which is quite disgusting. We asked to switch rooms immediately our next room had many more problems from a dirty fridge, a shower that doesn't get hot, a tv that was partially defective and quite possibly the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had to endure. Despite making all of these complaints the manager gave me an "I'm sorry, please try us again" which I found to be insulting, I may have been stupid enough to book this hotel once but not going to happen again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great hotel, very trendy and clean with a modern feel. Its not a great hotel for business travelers #1 the internet does not work at night at all, management said they are working on this, but at this time there is no fix so bring a HOTSPOT. Also the TV's are mounted on the walls the same direction as the desk, so its hard to watch tv and work. The TV's need to have an arm on them to move around.

Room Tip: Ask for double beds the room feels bigger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Ritzmg,

Thank you for sharing your helpful feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed clean and modern decor. However, I do apologize for your internet troubles and the inconvenience of the televisions. I will be sure to share your feedback to our management teams so that they can address these issues.
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We liked the hotel, we are upset because we needed a hotel to stay after a night out so we did not have to drive. The rate online was over $30 cheaper. We went to the desk & she said we have to go online to get rate.This was about 2:30am on 1/11, the website would not let us select 1/10 for check-in. It only had 1/11. We were forced to pay $30 more for only a 7hr stay. Manager said she would try to accommodate us. I have not heard from her since that morning but sent a email today.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear downtown1979,

Thank you for your stay and for your feedback.

With regard to the price difference, the Front Desk Agent was correct in informing you that we are unable to match the online rate.

I spoke with the Front Desk Manager and she confirmed that your account was credited the SPG points that she had mentioned to you and sent you a confirmation email on Friday, January 31. You are able to book using your points directly by contacting the SPG Desk at 888.625.4953. Please let me know if your are need any further assistance.
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very clean and very modern. They attract a younger crowd it seemed. The modern décor was a different touch. Loved the full size walk in shower with rain shower head.

The young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

The only thing I didn't like was the wall mounted tv and work station was very small. But that's nothing.

Several places to eat within walking distance and my wife would not forgive me if I didn't mention all the shopping near by.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Easy to find. Near the airport. Several places near by for dinner or a quick bite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Tracy F,

Thank you sharing our feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the hotel decor and our location. We hope to see you again soon.
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'd heard the Aloft chain was very pet-friendly, so I decided to give it a try on this year's family trip. The rumors were totally true! The Aloft was very nice! The decor was ultra modern and very hip. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and they even managed to give us two rooms next to each other with connecting doors.

I loved how the rooms used every inch of available space. Even though the room was small, we had plenty of room for suitcases and other items. Also, the towels were soft and fluffy, and there was a fridge in the room, too.

My only criticisms were that the bed was pretty hard. I'm attributing this to the lack of a box spring under the mattress. Also, the carpet in front of the door, and the grout in the bathroom tiles was beginning to show some wear and dirt. Honestly, though, this was really minor. Otherwise, the rooms as clean.

We will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi ChristieP,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you and pet. We are thrilled you enjoyed your room and amenities. I do apologize that the bed was not to your liking and we will work on the bathroom issues you mentioned. We hope to see you again soon.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two days and enjoyed my stay. Comfortable rooms. Clean. Great staff that were always welcoming. The breakfast was good and easy to grab "n" go. The Egg and I is just across the street if you want a big breakfast. Eggs 3 million ways. Very nice. Lots of restaurants around. Easy access to highway. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback of our hotel with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.