“Very Close to the Airport”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #151 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Hagerstown, MD
“Very Close to the Airport”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The hotel is relatively clean and the rooms are a nice size. There was a lot of plane noise on the second visit but the explanation was that there was construction at the airport and different runways were being used.

On my last visit, I arrived late and had a very early departure the next morning. I checked in without issue. (other than not being welcomed as a platinum member) When I got to the room, I found that the air conditioning was off and the room temperature was 81 degrees. Even with the AC on full, it never cooled down for comfortable sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. I do apologize that you were not recognized as a valuable Platinum member. Your membership with Marriott should have been recognized as you are a very loyal guest. I will get with staff in regards to your air conditioning issue; temperature should always be set at a certain temp to where all guests are comfortable upon arrival. Thanks again for choosing SpringHill Suites for your accommodation needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I want to like this hotel, but the location is so flawed I can't give it above 3 stars.
As for the good- it is a relatively new hotel and has that 'crisp and clean' feel to it. The lobby, fitness room, and breakfast are all top notch.
The staff- from the front desk to the shuttle driver- are great. Absolutely no complaints.

Where this place falls apart is the location. It is on an industrial island at the end of one of San Antonio Airport's main runway. Therefore, the noise level is intense. I stay at airport hotels all the time, and the noise is usually a necessary evil for the location. However, this one is above and beyond.
Also, there are zero restaurants (or anything retail/service related) within walking distance). I'm not afraid to walk some distance, but in the case of this hotel, your only option is to walk along a shoulderless/sidewalkless highway frontage road. That also puts exercising outside out of the question.

In short, this would be a very nice hotel if not for the miserable location. Maybe they'll transform the area with a restaurant or two or safe access across the highway someday, but for now i'm going to stay away. There are a ton of better options very close by.

Room Tip: Because the planes fly directly overhead, I have to assume that all rooms are super loud if SAT is u...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to provide us with your feedback. I’m so glad you liked the hotel/ rooms along with our wonderful staff. I do understand your concerns in regards to the airplane noise, currently they are working on the old runways and have prepared a new runway which is very close to our location until the old our fixed. This should be completed soon to prevent the noise. Thanks again for your feedback!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 June 2014

There are four machines in the fitness room. There was something wrong with each machine. The hotel does not provide shuttle service whenever you want to go to a restaurant. You have to go at a certain time when they will only take you to one destination and then they don't come back for two hours. There are no restaurants around the hotel. The airplane noise is bad during the day. There are better choices of hotels near the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to post your feedback. I understand that our fitness equipment was not working properly, I can assure you that we are working in a prompt matter in getting this fixed. I do apologize that our shuttle service wasent accommodating during your stay and willl work on a plan for the future to resolve this issue. Thanks again and I would love for you to return in the future to provide you with a better experience.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The accommodation at this hotel was inviting, friendly staff, great pricing and great breakfast buffet however the noise of planes taking off and others landing at least every 15 minutes can get disturbing especially early in the morning and late night, otherwise good hotel in San Antonio for the price and the hotel is located directly across the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank utpb432
Rhonda R B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2014
We appreciate your review.
we rely on our guest to provide us with opportunities for improvment and are thankful for the recognition.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I were out visiting family last month and decided that getting a hotel room might be a better way to keep the peace. We are happy with our Springhill Suites choice, however, the airport noise is INSANE! There was a sign at the front desk stating that the airport is doing some construction, so the planes have been re-routed over the hotel and that if we wanted earplugs, they had complementary ones at the front desk. I didn't think much of it until fast asleep at 5 am a plane sounded like it was landing in my bedroom.

That is really the only negative thing I can say about it though. It was clean, the staff was friendly-ish, I liked the modern decor, etc. My husband said the breakfast was awful, but I didn't eat any. The location was very centrally located in the city and was convenient to everything we needed to get to. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tara D
Pune
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel provides a decent accommodation and is well located very close to the airport. That is the biggest advantage of this hotel.

If one is not looking for a great ambience, it provides a standard comfortable stay for business travel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent visit to Springhill Suites San Antonio Airport. We are very appreciative of the comments you shared regarding our hotel. If I could ever be of assistance to you with your travels through the San Antonio area, I hope that you will concider contacting us. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family and I arrived in town Friday, May 23 at another nearby hotel where we had reserved 12 rooms for the weekend only to find the hotel under full renovation. The condition of the hotel was completely unlivable. We immediately began to search for other accommodations. Had a very difficult time finding vacancies considering it was a holiday weekend. We contacted this hotel and from the moment of contact until the day of our departure on Sunday, May 25, we were provided with excellent service!!! Jessica Parker took the time to sit down and listen to our grievances, find out what we needed and did an exemplary job of accommodating our whole family and providing outstanding service during our stay. Her efforts to ensure that our stay was satisfactory were extended throughout the whole weekend. The staff was friendly and caring. The rooms were clean and appealing and the breakfast was satiating. The service provided at this hotel
superseded the noise of the planes flying overhead. I plan to stay at this hotel whenever I'm in S.A. and would highly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family