“NOT GOOD”

Paula Deen's Family Kitchen
Ranked #1,650 of 4,956 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: At Paula Deen's Family Kitchen, guests will enjoy classic Deen family recipes in a unique family-style setting just like they do in their very own homes. We serve up endless portions of Southern-Style entrees and side dishes, and every visitor ends their meal with a dessert of their choice! Our restaurant brings friends and families together over a meal, offering up a unique dining experience.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not good. Way overpriced. The only good thing was fried green tomatoes and fried okra. Bad chicken and dumplings. Had better from a can. Dry mac and cheese. Paula's gooey cake a no go. I say save your money and go somewhere else. I wish we had.

Richard L, General Manager at Paula Deen's Family Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks so much for your response. We do pride ourselves on Scratch Made food made fresh daily served with Southern Hospitality. If there is anything I can do personally for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any member of my management team.

Respectfully,

Richard and Team
844-853-pdfk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We drove from Austin to San Antonio. Loved the décor of the restaurant and enjoyed the gift shop. As far as the food not as good as her restaurant in Savannah called Lady and Sons.
Everything had too much salt in it and we didn't like that you didn't get a choice of a menu or family style. We went for lunch and thought it was very expensive. It is all you can eat. The fried chicken and the creamed corn was everyones favorite.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a call ahead hold and they had us listed when we arrived that day. After reading all of the reviews online, I was skeptical. But the server and good wowed us. Except for the meatloaf, all the food we selected was so delicious. We had pork chop, Fried chicken, meatloaf, sweet potatoes, mac n cheese, and mashed potatoes. I was mad I could not finish the pork chop because it was so tasty! Do not order seconds unless you absolutely finish all the sides and meats. You will waste so much food. We only ordered seconds on sweet potatoes and finished mostly all for 5 adults and 2 kids. I had peach cobbler for dessert and tasted the chocolate gooey cake. Oh my! Both great but that cake was like WOW! I would definitely return!

Thanks Lisa for your very kind review. My team and I are happy that you all had a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again for some of our Made from Scratch food and Southern Hospitality>

Thanks Ya'll,

Richard and Team

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I should have looked at the other reviews prior to going to this restaurant. $17.95 per person for lunch and the food is mediocre and as many of the other reviews have stated the food was not hot. We even sent the creamed corn back and asked that we get it hot this time and it came out the same as last,"luke warm". However if you want a lot of food and you don't care about the calorie count this place if for you. I, however, will not be back.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Couldn't wait for the restaurant to open. Won't ever go back. Food was cold. Catfish tasted like the bottom of a pond. Sides were nothing to write home about. My teenager can make better Mac n cheese out of a box. They were out of rice. Out of banana pudding for 2 of us. Cake was nothing but sugar. Not sure how you make white colored, tasteless meatloaf but they did. Really not happy at all paying $113 for bad service and nasty food. Best thing was the biscuits and tea. Waiter was not friendly at all. Don't waste your money.