“Fabulous place to stay and play with kids, close to Sea World!”

Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills
Ranked #110 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My husband and I, along with our three kids, ages 3, 6, 7, had a wonderful time at the courtyard. It was extremely clean (#1 priority for me), new, very kid friendly, and fun for grown ups too. the pool was great for all ages... splash areas and fun for all! The shuttle service was so convenient. The entire staff went out of their way to accommodate us whenever we had ANY requests. The shuttle driver, William, was amazing. He was so friendly and informative. Our daughter loved him and looked for him every time we rode the shuttle. he made a big impression when he handed out cold waters on our return from sea world! Overall, we loved it! The only thing we didn't absolutely love was the food. It was okay. Thanks to all the staff for giving us a great vacation!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank lizsavarese

Reviewed 30 March 2011

This is one of the best hotels for the price you will find. The service was remarkable...the pool is insanely awesome with swim up bar. The kids and grandparents had a blast. Shuttle to Seaworld is handy. Upgrade to the balcony suite was an amazing bonus. Will be going back often.

1  Thank MalibuValley
ttribby, Owner at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your experience. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and amenities to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to San Antonio!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

We originally only planned on staying two nights, but had so much fun that we added a night. The staff was VERY accommodating and always had a smile. The pool was awesome and I recommend booking a room that overlooks the pool. My three kids begged to go back to the hotel while we were at Sea World. The only concerns we had were the hot tub and parking. During one evening cars were broken into, they should have full time security at night. Also, there are no lifeguards so teenagers were often unsupervised and out of control. There were several in the hot tub dunking each other and splashing while we were trying to relax. Other than that it was Awesome!

1  Thank scornelius73
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We are just back from a week at this property--spring break with our two children (tweens). This was a great place to stay and use as a home base for various activities in and around San Antonio. While it is a bit of a drive from downtown, you have to realize San Antonio is pretty spread out so driving 20 minutes or so to get downtown was no big deal given we were also only 15 minutes or so from Six Flags, about 5 minutes from Seaworld (take the free shuttle!) and not to far from the Hill Country/Natural Bridges Caverns. Our room was great (corner/larger room) and worked well for our family of four. Only complaint--would have been nice to have another mirror in the room to assist in getting ready in the mornings; with the only mirror being in the bathroom (and only one sink) it was a little tough at times. While this is not a "resort" per se, they do a great job operating/providing what I would call a mini-resort environment when you factor in the pool (including pool bar), restaurant area, lounge etc. We found food to be quite reasonable, tasty and relatively fast. Would have been nice to have a few more menu items/options, but we had breakfast there every day for 6 days and did fine--got us up and started nice and early each day. Thumbs up to Sam (manager) and her crew, they provided an excellent homebase for our San Antonio adventures. If we visit in the future, we will be back!

Reviewed 17 March 2011

This Courtyard experience was excellent to say the least. The staff was very pleasant and helpful in any way possible and the room was great. The location was ideal if planning to go to Sea World and the shuttle was great, it drops off right at the entrance and picks up in the same place. I was a little worried since we flew in and didn't drive but everything that I needed was at the hotel. They had a nice bistro with good food and I even requested a microwave and refrigerator be sent to our room and they accomodated our every need. The pool was great for the kids and the poolside bar was great for the adults. Our overall experience was great and we will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Had a great 3 night stay at this hotel and wish it had been more-the rooms were great and clenliness was excellent.
All the staff we met were indeed polite and most helpfull.
It is a drive from the hotel into San Antonio and yes you do have to pay for parking-the market and indeed the area seems to be picking up-im sure the ressision has hit San Antonio like every where else.
Had breakfast and mariachi love song at Tia verde(think thats write spelling) and got around all the city we had time to take in.
Even managed Six flags which was fine.
Recomend Rudys barbecue next to the hotel.
I booked hotel through priceline and would be extremly happy if i was sent there again

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glassmen007
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This is a tough review to write. I really wanted to like this hotel - and the staff was energetic and was trying so hard to make this a great hotel. Unfortunately the staff cannot make up for the facility itself.

Having spent my early career working hotels, I saw this property fell victim to a designer that understands designs but not functionality. In my suite, there were two TV's, I turned on one, they both turned - however when I changed the channel only one wuold.

The worst as that I could hear the people upstairs when they walked around. I always knew right where they were in the room. I could hear conversations in the next room and knew when the neighbors took a shower or flushed the toilet. I didn't need to set my alarm clock, I found that I was awaken every morning by someone aruond me needing to get up earlier. This morning I was awakend by neighbor who was clearing his sinuses in his bathroom.

I am surprised that Marriott hasn't learned to establish construction standards and allowed this to happen. Isn't the core of it is feeling like you can escape into your room and get a good night's sleep at the end of the day?

Hats off to the staff that were warm, freindly and did everything they could to make this a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business