Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills
Ranked #115 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife, our two curtain climbers, and I stayed here two nights for a short trip to SeaWorld. The front desk staff members were very nice and quick to answer our questions even though the lobby was very busy with SeaWorld patrons running around. Despite the noise and traffic, the lobby never felt crowded. Everyone looked to be having a good time.

Somehow we managed to leave home without printing our SeaWorld tickets so I knew we would need to use the business center at the hotel to print the tickets. Some software glitches prevented the printer from recognizing the .pdf but the front desk let me use one of their computers to print. Big thumbs up for their help. I'm sure my striking good looks persuaded them to help.

The room itself, though small, served us just fine with the king bed and convertible couch. The king was a little too soft for my liking but I'm sure it was perfect for others. I slept fine so I can't complain. The bathroom had a big shower (no tub). Everything was nice and clean.

We didn't take advantage of the shuttle to and from SeaWorld. I think it leaves and returns every half-hour. I think the shuttle is a nice option to have, we just decided we wanted to eat somewhere after going to the park.

Also, we didn't hit up the pool. We just didn't have time but next time we will. They had a nice little pool party going on when we came back from the park. Live DJ with disco lights, swim-up bar for those trying to find their sanity back. Next time...

We decided to eat breakfast at the hotel before checking out. Food was good, lots of choices, and the manager made it a point to strike up a conversation with each table, yet not make it look like he was just going from table to table. He would check on some of the food from the buffet, then refill some items, then stop and chat with people, repeat. He made it a point to ask the rugrats about what they did and didn't like about the hotel and food. He knew he would get honest answers that way. Nice job.

Overall, we were very pleased with the staff and hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This property has it figured out! It was great in all respects that a hotel should be. First of all the staff at check in was pleasant, prompt and professional. Additionally the property was very clean and well kept. Has to be the best Courtyard I have stayed in.
If you are going to hang out in the room for any length of time I would suggest a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Do not do this if you are if you are wanting a lot of peace and quiet. With this property's proximity to Sea World you are going to have a lot of families with children staying there and the pool area is a busy place. If kids bother you save yourself aggravation and irritation and book somewhere else. This is a family orientated hotel for sure. The pool is very nice, heated and indoor and outdoor.
I do have to say that drinks poolside are on the pricey side. It was $11 for a half pour of wine. Take your own ='s problem solved!
We were there over Spring Break and there were activities planned each evening that were geared to families with children as well. We were only there in the evenings but it was never that loud or "out of control" as some places tend to get.
We did eat breakfast in the hotel one morning and the quality of food was good. Typical higher cost as hotel food usually is but the quality and service were excellent.
Additionally, we had accidentally had forgotten something in the room. The hotel had called and informed us that we had left it even before we had gotten home and unpacked. That is huge considering it probably doesn't happen that often at all.
Finally, this is a hotel that I will stay in again when I am in San Antonio even if it is not the "most convenient" location I can find. They run a great property!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Olineman
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for your great review of the property! Spring Break was a blast this year and we added new entertainment and games for the family. Despite the weather, we received great feedback on the sources of fun that was available inside and I am so happy to hear that the outside activities were not overwhelming. Thank you for sharing your experience with our food and beverage options and I am happy to see that the housekeeping staff continue to ensure that our guests receive their items that are overlooked upon checkout. We look forward to your futures stays with us and thank you for your feedback ..

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I came to work the jailbreak race so we weren't there long. The hotel was super clean, really nice and great location. Loved the pool area w a swim up bar and wouldn't hesitate to return!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent experience at Courtyard. The Pool Bar has recently been renovated along with upgrades to our pool furniture and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the pool bar for your quick trip to San Antonio. We hope you get an opportunity to return this summer and thank you for staying with us !

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for a quick trip to Sea World. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Convenient and free shuttle to Sea World. Sweet indoor & outdoor pool and jacuzzi. They have everything you need on site, fridge in room, room service, lounge and restaurant! Only bad thing I could say is that you have to pay for breakfast, which isn't that big a deal! We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tgreen73
Christopher R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent feedback Tgreen73. I'm am so happy that you took advantage of our amenities around the hotel. We work really hard to create a resort style feel and environment for our guest. Thank you again for your awesome feedback. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently spent five nights at this property on business in San Antonio. While the hotel itself was relatively normal (and extremely clean) I was quite impressed with the exceptional level of customer service that staff offered and provided throughout the week! All of the hotel employees went out of their way each and every day to try and improve the quality of my stay, which was great. It was evident that Hotel management wanted us to know that they very appreciated our business, which, as a person who works on the road far away from home, I very much appreciated!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Good Afternoon and Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very fortunate to have the great team of staff here at Courtyard that make your stay over the top ! They have smiles and energy and big hearts and they always want to ensure our guests who travel as much as you do; have an over the top experience to make the travel more bearable, We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please reach out to me personally so i may be of assistance.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

As a business traveler staying at this hotel regularly since June 2013, I have to say that the friendly front desk staff (Vanessa, Angelina, Albert, and too many more to name) and exceptional service @ Waves lounge (Daniel, Jessica M , Jessica K, and Cody to name just a few) .. makes this a very comfortable home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi Karen! Thank you for your great comments regarding your experience with us and the staff that make all of our days a little brighter each day. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for your continued loyalty to Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld / Westover Hills..

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here recently and was upgraded to a suite overlooking the pool. The suite was spacious and even had 2 flat screen televisions. Front desk staff were friendly and attentive. The wifi was free and the speed was some of the best that I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank orangebloodtraveler
Matthew O, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you, orangebloodtraveler, for your review here on TripAdvisor!

We really appreciate you taking the time out to leave us this excellent feedback. I am happy you enjoyed our suites, and that you enjoyed not just our rooms but our service. We have been working diligently to upgrade our internet services for the enjoyment of all of our guests, and it's great to see that it's being noticed. We look forward to your next visit.